Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

Hi!  I notice that several new members do not have profile pictures (avatars) or quit meters.  If you need some help, please let me know.

There are some instructions for quit meters (tickers) here.  If you can't get it to work, let me know and I will help.  Same thing with profile pictures!  Just send me a private message.

Welcome!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

^^LIKE^^ Nancy is our go to for all things quit meter/profile pic/signature logos  :)

Can I add that even though it's not mandatory, filling out your quit date in your profile helps us see where you are in your quit to better tailor our advice as well as helps us not forget to celebrate your monthaversary :)

• barry likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 barry

barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, even if everyone puts their quitdate in their profile..always helps gauge their perspective when they post.

• Jillar likes this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#4 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, even if everyone puts their quitdate in their profile..always helps gauge their perspective when they post.

See, I don't like the mandatory quit-date format here, it confuses me on a lot of people.

For instance you, Barry.  Did you quit on October 12, or December 10?  (I got the year figured out :D )... So having a meter helps in two ways for me... after I run out of fingers counting months the meter tells me how many :D , and on confusing dates it helps me more.   I mean, I got it down that 2017-02-20 means february 20th...since there aren't 20 months yet....  but I can never remember which comes first.  Wish we could go back to regular US date format which is mm/dd/yy(yy).  That works for me and every on-line form I've filled out over the past 15 years or so.

• avian3 and Jillar like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of:87d3d921fc.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#5 barry

barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

See, I don't like the mandatory quit-date format here, it confuses me on a lot of people.

For instance you, Barry. Did you quit on October 12, or December 10? (I got the year figured out :D )... So having a meter helps in two ways for me... after I run out of fingers counting months the meter tells me how many :D , and on confusing dates it helps me more. I mean, I got it down that 2017-02-20 means february 20th...since there aren't 20 months yet.... but I can never remember which comes first. Wish we could go back to regular US date format which is mm/dd/yy(yy). That works for me and every on-line form I've filled out over the past 15 years or so.

Pssst! marciem...not everyone is in the US and uses that date format! 😁

But, I’m not advocating for mandatory anything. I was saying I would like to be able to tell when someone had quit, just to have a reference point as to their mindset.
  • marciem and Jillar like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#6 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Pssst! marciem...not everyone is in the US and uses that date format!

:laughbounce:  :laughbounce:  :laughbounce:

But, I’m not advocating for mandatory anything. I was saying I would like to be able to tell when someone had quit, just to have a reference point as to their mindset.

and I'm agreeing with you :) , was mostly making a joke at my lack of math skills but saying that some clue as to quit date is very extremely helpful for us here to assess the stage of the quit and tailor advice to that, as well as advocating tickers as my personal weapon of choice because of my lack of above mentioned math skills and deciphering abilities.

(I was here when they made the (arbitrary) decision to go with the current quit-date format.

oh and p.s. there are other quit sites very populated by non-US quitters that allow or use the US format.  Just adding that. :)  )

• barry likes this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of:87d3d921fc.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#7 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

For instance you, Barry. Did you quit on October 12, or December 10? (I got the year figured out :D )... So having a meter helps in two ways for me... after I run out of fingers counting months the meter tells me how many :D , and on confusing dates it helps me more. I mean, I got it down that 2017-02-20 means february 20th...since there aren't 20 months yet.... but I can never remember which comes first. Wish we could go back to regular US date format which is mm/dd/yy(yy). That works for me and every on-line form I've filled out over the past 15 years or so.

It confuses me too Marcie, but I rather have the months down to two to chose from than 12. In other words I rather figure out if it's October or December with Barry (it's October btw :) ) than have to go through posts looking for which of the twelve months they quit. And the tickers aren't exactly accurate all the time either :(
  • barry likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#8 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

G'day
My quit meter will not reset. I've lost it and reset it heaps of times.
Yes I know to copy the txt not the picture.
I don't have a computer on a smart phone so it might just be my view. If I click on the txt it shows me the correct image.
Any thoughts
Chris
  • Jillar likes this

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#9 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,188 posts
  • LocationOld Southern California

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

G'day
I don't have a computer on a smart phone so it might just be my view. If I click on the txt it shows me the correct image.
Any thoughts
Chris

I will direct Nancy here.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#10 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

G'day
Any thoughts
Chris

Chris, I tried to fix it...let's see what happens...actually on that one, you copy the image, not the link...

Nancy

event.png

The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric

#11 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:19 PM

G'day
Any thoughts
Chris

It has moved since I tried to fix it...

Nancy

event.png

#12 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

G'day
thanks very much Nancy. Looks great now that I've got an new screen on my phone as well.
regards Chris

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#13 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

G'day
thanks very much Nancy. Looks great now that I've got an new screen on my phone as well.
regards Chris

Happy it worked!

Nancy

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users