Photo

Newbie 8 weeks quit but struggling and needs support please.

hope depression rage anger

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 PinkSapphire

PinkSapphire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-22
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hello everyone and a huge massive thankyou for your responses to my post. wow today after reading and receiving so much positive reinforcement (and being reassured that this despair is not going to last foever) I drove into work and I felt something akin to happy. Today is the first day I have felt like little old me is still there and is peaking through. My manager said how nice it was to see the real me back. It just goes to show how vitally important having support is. Yesterday I swore I was barely treading water and today I'm calm and in control and enjoying the swim. Im sure Ill still face tough days ahead but I feel I have turned a corner and you guys are the reson why. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
  • beazel, Lin-quitting, brand.new.ela and 1 other like this

#22 PinkSapphire

PinkSapphire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-22
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hello everyone and a huge massive thankyou for your responses to my post. wow today after reading and receiving so much positive reinforcement (and being reassured that this despair is not going to last foever) I drove into work and I felt something akin to happy. Today is the first day I have felt like little old me is still there and is peaking through. My manager said how nice it was to see the real me back. It just goes to show how vitally important having support is. Yesterday I swore I was barely treading water and today I'm calm and in control and enjoying the swim. Im sure Ill still face tough days ahead but I feel I have turned a corner and you guys are the reson why. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
  • Jillar likes this

#23 PinkSapphire

PinkSapphire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-22
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Ouch Barb_S, that had to hurt. What made you smoke again? Welcome to QSMB.

#24 PinkSapphire

PinkSapphire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-22
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

Hi. I quit in 1999 for 16 years. Yay - but I gave in recently so I am back doing it again. I remember the 1st year in real detail. I was pretty miserable - partly wondering if life was worth living without cigarettes and questioning whether I can enjoy anything at all Well, for me it did take a very long time to feel comfortable again. I think getting thru 1/2 a year was the better part of the worst of it. But after that time went by, I did start to find real peace within, and enjoyment inside and out. I was also like you, many years as a smoker starting as a teenager. I didn't know I could quit or that I could like living without cigarettes. Time changed all that. I wish I was posting here for you without having relapsed because for many years I don't think cigarettes entered my thoughts at all - and the triggers and reaching were just completely gone. Stick with it - the best is yet to come.

#25 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better today Pink. Stay close to the board for the support and information you need to keep going. And remember we're here for you when you need us. We've all been there!

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#26 Rozuki

Rozuki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-10
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Hi and welcome, PinkS!  :grin: You have found a good place for support and help with your struggle! Read the newbie package here, very helpful. You have gotten past the worst of the worst, now take things one day at a time and stick around here...better days are ahead! 

https://www.quitsmok...newbie-package/

image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2017

2hrfi0z_th.jpg tenor.gif

30ksjlf.gif

Don't romance the cigarette. It's all a "pack of lies". ~ IQuit88

#27 beazel

beazel

Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,401 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

Glad you had a better day....please keep us posted on how you're doing.

• notsmokin'jo likes this

2iijyuf.pngYoung Pharte     smokefree-1.png

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 loveshower.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye

Life's too short, don't make it shorter. - Jess 

#28 brand.new.ela

brand.new.ela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

Good that it's better now, PinkSapphire! The more advanced the quit the easier it's going to be, you'll see :)

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hope, depression, rage, anger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users