Hev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-26
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Well I am definatly a newby here.  I quit smoking on the day after Christmas as I woke with a cough (worse than normal) and generally feeling lousy so cutting a long story short I didnt smoke a week later I still hadnt started smoking again so thought this was the ideal time to quit.  Here I am after smoking a pack a day for 48 years.  Im quitting cold turkey but I have got a packet of tabex just in case.  I really need help as I live in a country where smoking is still the norm so most people smoke and they are really cheap to buy.

Yesterday and today have been bad but I have started an exercise routine to see if that will help.

Any help or advise would be very welcome

Thanks in advance

• Frank, Rozuki, snowywinter and 2 others like this

a7b76dddfa.png

#2 Sparkzzz

Sparkzzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Hello Hev and congratulations on getting by the first 2 weeks. Stay on here everyday for the first couple of months and pledge NOPE. Also please go through the newbie package as it is very helpful.
Smoke Free Forever !!!

#3 Hev

Hev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-26
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Thanks Sparkzz,  I have read and re read everything on here thats what made me decide to post everyone seems really helpful.  Thank you for your reply I will be here everyday.

• Sparkzzz likes this

a7b76dddfa.png

#4 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Welcome, Hev!!  I'm not familiar with what tabex is, is it some form of nicotine?

I don't envy you living where smoking is the norm (boy would I have said otherwise five and 1/4 years ago!), here in the US it is more and more difficult to find a place to smoke without some sort of restraints or constraints, besides being looked at like you are the devil incarnate if someone sees you smoking anywhere within their airspace.  So that makes it easier here :) .

But the effects of smoking are just as harsh on you who live where smokes are cheap and smoking is the norm, you don't get a free pass from smoking related diseases, so you are doing the best possible thing you can for yourself, as well as for your loved ones.

I smoked for a very long time also.  I honestly thought they would have to pry my last cigarette out of my cold dead hand.... but here I am and couldn't be more pleased with the decision I made and the effort I put into freeing myself from the chains of this awful addiction!!

You're doing great, and taking one day at a time you can make this journey to the point where it is no longer a struggle.  I know the first two weeks are the hardest, and there is no "instantly easier" point that I recall, but very soon you will look back and say "Yeah, today was way easier than two weeks ago was.... still not easy, but less difficult than then".  Then you'll begin to have some golden moments and golden days where time goes by without even thinking about cigarettes.   

Keep on with what you're doing, because you're doing it right!  NOPE one day at a time, and sometimes one hour at a time, and that will get you where you want to be!

Best wishes to you!

• Lin-quitting, cvold and Leesifer like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#5 Hev

Hev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-26
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Hi Marciem,

Thanks so much for the reply and for your help its very much appriciated.  This is tabex https://www.tabex.net/ I hope this is not a violation its just to let you know what it is. I live in Bulgaria so tabex was the norm during the communist time it works well it puts you off smoking and its really cheap to buy here.

To be honest I tell myself if I dont smoke all day I can have one before I go to bed but then I just get ready and go to bed without one.  I know it sounds daft but its working for me one day at a time. thanks for the help.

a7b76dddfa.png

#6 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

Hi Marciem,

Thanks so much for the reply and for your help its very much appriciated.  This is tabex https://www.tabex.net/ I hope this is not a violation its just to let you know what it is. I live in Bulgaria so tabex was the norm during the communist time it works well it puts you off smoking and its really cheap to buy here.
To be honest I tell myself if I dont smoke all day I can have one before I go to bed but then I just get ready and go to bed without one.  I know it sounds daft but its working for me one day at a time. thanks for the help.

I'm really proud of you for doing so well.

I do need to share my opinion... I feel it is really best to take smoking off the table as an option... Not "I can have one" but "today I cannot/WON'T have one, we'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow".  We pretty much live by NOPE here (Not One Puff Ever)... even if just for today.  You want to turn around so that smoking is not something you consider doing, it is something you used to do but don't do anymore.

Mindset can be a very critical part of becoming a nonsmoker, that's why I'm saying this to you.  NOW is the time to work on your mindset, so that further down the road, when not smoking becomes easier, you won't think "YAY I'm cured, so I can have one", which has been the ruin of many a poor quitter  :(  .

You want to work your mindset so that you don't want one...ever.  It is much easier to avoid doing something that you don't want to do, no?  Rather than depriving yourself of something you (think you) want.

Thanks for the info on Tabex... funny I have never seen it marketed in any way in the US, it sounds like it has had some success in smoking cessation!

• Lin-quitting, cvold and brand.new.ela like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#7 brand.new.ela

brand.new.ela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Tabex is only known and used in Eastern and Central Europe, the active substance isn’t considered legal anywhere else. Recently there was research made in Germany that confirmed its effectiveness.

Hev, welcome and enjoy the quit! It’s going to get better and the community here is fantastic.
  • Hev likes this

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#8 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,981 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

​Welcome Hev and congrats on over two weeks quit, those are the hardest of all. You are now in what we call WTF week and it's name says it all! I also say to myself that I'm a grown woman and I can have a smoke if I want to. I chose not to smoke, not that I have to quit. I'm quitting for me :) So keep doing what you're doing because you have a great quit going :)

• cvold and Hev like this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#9 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Hi and welcome. Congrats on your quit. Stick around read post and daily nope with us. You are doing great.
  • Hev likes this

#10 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Welcome Hev & Congratulations on starting your quit. I was also a cold turkey quitter. Some days were bad, some days were terrible, some days were manageable, some days were full of pride and excitement to have kept my quit through it all! Just hold on tight and come to the forum often for support. We are here for you!
  • Hev likes this

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

#11 dash

dash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

Hi Hev

Congrats on taking the right step. I have a lot of Bulgarian friends and know that smoking is very common there (we have a team in Bulgaria who I work with on daily basis from states).

Anyways, one of very good friend who lives in Bulgaria now actually quit because he saw the terrible consequences of smoking on his family and friends. It does become difficult when so many people around you smoke, but it also makes you the better one who decided to quit and proved it.

Good Luck with your journey.

• Hev likes this

Quit Date: 12/31/2017

#12 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Welcome Hev and congratulations on your decision to quit this horrible addiction! You are doing great and have already received some great advice already from others. You really need to just pledge to yourself each day not to take even one puff from a cigarette just for today. Take things a day at a time for now.

Once you understand that this addiction only takes from you and gives you nothing but slavery to an addiction, you will be happy to be rid of it and you will pity those people around you still a slave to this addiction. Having to go for a smoke every hour or so.

The cost of smokes is not the only cost of smoking. What about the cost to your health? Best gift you can give yourself and your loved ones is to quit for good. You're doing great so far. Keep it up :)

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

#13 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

Hi Hev, and welcome to QSMB. Quitting smoking feels amazing, and I hope for you the determination to stay the course with it. This place can definitely help you build a lasting quit.

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#14 MissyCat

MissyCat

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,512 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-10-21
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:17 AM

Hi Hev, you still with us?

Mindset, education and support is the recipe for success. Do anything but smoke....I could elaborate here. Stay close, read and post often. You will find amazing support here at QSMB!
Carol
A 2014 Avenger
Smoke free since October 21, 2014

ddl449.jpg

1413921600_25_1_USD_8_default.png

#15 Hev

Hev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-26
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:01 AM

Thank you to everyone who has posted with help for me.  Sorry if I dont reply but dont forget most of you are in the USA and I am in Bulgaria which is GMT plus 2 so when you are on here I am in bed. But I got up made coffee and logged on.  So a huge thanks.  This is the first day I woke up I thought about smoking but didnt want a cig so thats a huge one for me 

• Lust4Life and c9jane29 like this

a7b76dddfa.png

#16 c9jane29

c9jane29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-14

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

Hey! That's a big achievement! That's exactly how you do it. Acknowledge the thought, but don't dwell on it, don't romance it.
Tell it NOPE and move on.
These 16 days will soon be a month before you know it.
Nicotine free since 14-05-17
"http://www.imagecont...cost_pack=7.50"
The only way to quit smoking is to stop putting cigarettes in your mouth.
NOPE'SNOT. worth it.

#17 beazel

beazel

Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,094 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Hi Hev & welcome! Don't have much to add to what has already been said except that you're doing great!!

Starting an exercise routine is a good idea, you're on your way to a much healthier you!!!

2iijyuf.pngYoung Pharte     

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 loveshower.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye

Life's too short, don't make it shorter. - Jess 

#18 G67

G67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-06
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Welcome to the board Hev!

#19 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Hi Hev, welcome to QSMB and congratulations for quitting, it will be the most effecting decision you'll ever make. Make this quit stick ! stay around here, read, learn and participate.

All the best your way !

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users