Photo

What apps do people use on their phone's etc to support you keeping your quit?

android mac others?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jennet

Jennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-20
  • LocationOut there somewhere in the UK

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Quick search on this topic only brought something back from 2014, so I thought I would ask afresh.... I am particularly looking for android apps, or maybe something that can link in to my google account, to make it simpler both on laptop and mobile....   Anyone got any info??   Like/Love/Hate any particular one etc???   :mrgreen:    Bless you for any responses....  (legible and legal ones that is).....  :wink: 

Older than dust.......    :P 

Stopped smoking for 2nd time 20th Dec 2017 @ 17:45pm after putting out my last fag!   Was  9mths, 2wks, 5days, 1hr and 31 minutes previously, and had saved £3,085 approximately....   Crikey... what did I do with all that money....   All I know is that I spent it!!

th_penguins.gif   th_tiny.jpg th_Nope.gif th_happydancenun.gif

30ksjlf.jpg        th_sisyphus.gif     Not One Puff Ever again.....

Cigarettes were never the anchors in our lives that hold us steady....  they were the ropes that kept us tied to the dock while life sailed by! - jwg

It is not because you quit...it is because you smoked.  It will pass! -  Nancy

#2 barry

barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Are we allowed to talk about QuitNet on here?  If so:  I have QuitNet on my phone...

If not, I've never heard of it...why?

• Jillar and JimHannoonen like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#3 Jennet

Jennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-20

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

​Ok... thanks.... will go and have a look....   don't see why not... it was a straight enough question... don't think we do hole and cornery round this site....  ;P

Stopped smoking for 2nd time 20th Dec 2017 @ 17:45pm after putting out my last fag!   Was  9mths, 2wks, 5days, 1hr and 31 minutes previously, and had saved £3,085 approximately....   Crikey... what did I do with all that money....   All I know is that I spent it!!

Cigarettes were never the anchors in our lives that hold us steady....  they were the ropes that kept us tied to the dock while life sailed by! - jwg

#4 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

You speak a language I am not familiar with, my best App ( A proper punishment) was a large bucket of icy water over the head every time I thought about seriously smoking  ;)

• Jennet, barry and notsmokin'jo like this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#5 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

I have quit forever on my kindle fire. It shows the same things as our stickers plus stuff like how many days of life we've gained. But then I found this place and hardly used it anymore.
  • Jennet likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#6 Wayne045

Wayne045

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationVA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Calendar (built-in). I have it set as a yearly repeating event like birthdays

1464544800_11_1_USD_5.25_default.png

#7 Jennet

Jennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-20

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

Thanks Frank.... I'm well known for carrying extra sets of clothes in the car along with blankets and pillows, but felt I needed something I could carry with me when I was in work, and not able to access the internet (I work for a local Council - so our internet usage is tracked)  :-? 

However....  just been playing with my new phone, and also found I can access this forum on it....  not sure if I will be able to get internet access at work, but can always try....   and maybe keep just a couple of litre bottles of icy water in car boot in case of emergencies...    :shock: 

• Frank likes this

#8 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,004 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

I am like a dinosaur when it comes to apps so I am seriously asking this question. How does an app help you stay quit? How does it work?

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#9 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

I am like a dinosaur when it comes to apps so I am seriously asking this question. How does an app help you stay quit? How does it work?

I can only comment on the kindle app but it helped me before I found this place by showing me the same stats as my ticker does here as well as health benefits etc. For me it's an accountability tool to show me what I would be giving up :)
  • avian3 likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#10 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

I can only comment on the kindle app but it helped me before I found this place by showing me the same stats as my ticker does here as well as health benefits etc. For me it's an accountability tool to show me what I would be giving up :)

Is there some information on apps. that we don't have on this forum?

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#11 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:15 AM

Is there some information on apps. that we don't have on this forum?

When I put it on my kindle I hadn't found this place yet. But the app did show me everything I said above in quicker to see info as in I didn't have to search to see how many days of life I had gained or how much my lungs, circulation and blood pressure  were improving. After finding this place I rarely opened it unless I was comparing the app against my ticker. Also my kindle has a great calendar app like Wayne said above that enables me to do these celebrations easier. And as an added bonus I just found the calendar app on my computer so I can have a back up should my kindle die because apparently I can't back the calendar up in Kindle

• avian3 likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

#12 barry

barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

If you can answer "How does QSMB help you stay quit?" then you know the answer... :-D

• avian3 and Jennet like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#13 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

If you can answer "How does QSMB help you stay quit?" then you know the answer... :grin:

:D

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#14 notsmokin'jo

notsmokin'jo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-28
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

um i have an app that sends me messages when I hit milestones. It has a memory game on it that you can play to ward off cravings (yes it works). First sms I got at midnight on new years eve was the app to wish me a happy smoke free 2018. I found it in google apps. It has a little green man karate kicking a smoke in half. Can't think what its called because my phone is flat. Not sure if we are allowed to share either being a newbie. It has no chat feature and is free and you don't have to pay for upgrades to get all the features. 

#15 Jennet

Jennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-20

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Hi​ avian....   nothing we don't have on here,  but as I am back in my hell, heck, wtf weeks (due to my own stupidity) it helps me when I am having a crave... without internet access I can get on to things like health checks, motivational cheers, but probably, most importantly, notes and games....  gives me time out when crave is really bad... like they are right now....    :evil:   and allows me to use it at desk at work under my diary (lol) cos I work in an open office and all can see what's on our 2 main screen computers....

• notsmokin'jo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users