AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Have a good weekend Anna.

You too Jamie! Hope you're doing good today! Day 6 almost over!!

#43 AnnaMarie18

AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

AnnaMarie, you're doing so well and should be proud.  Awesome!

I too avoided alcohol for a few months because the quit was more precious to me than one evening of alcohol.  If you read this forum, you'll notice that alcohol has lost many folks their quits - it just impairs our ability to think clearly and be decisive.

You're also right not to take it for granted.  This demon tries all kinds of ways to get back - completed one week, let's celebrate with a smoke, blah blah.  Stay vigilant and guard your precious quit.  You're doing great :).

Thank you so much! The advice is invaluable!! I am guarding my quit with everything I have!!!! Day 6 has been the best day for me so far - here's to tomorrow!!

#44 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

You're doing awesome Anna :) So glad today is better for you and yes, you should be proud of yourself :)

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#45 AnnaMarie18

AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Hi all!

Still stick with my quit and super proud!! I've tried to stay away from the board a tiny bit as I am not really thinking about smoking except when I'm active on here! Can anyone else relate?

Day 10 for me and feeling really good!! No real cravings at all - is this normal too?

I have saved Β£80 since 1st Jan - I am going to treat myself and a friend to a nice meal tonight with my savings
  • Jillar, d2e8b8 and green meenie like this

#46 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

Yes, & yes! Taking a break is fine and no cravings early on happens with some as well.

This quitting thing can be as easy or as hard as we choose to make it. Looking at the positives instead of the negatives can make a huge difference. Rewards are important too. Reward your hard work and celebrate your success! You will still have some tougher days ahead I expect but they do get fewer and less tough as you keep moving forward. Good work!

• Jillar and AnnaMarie18 like this

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

#47 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

​Hi Anna, you do what you need to to stay quit and if that means staying away then so be it. We have had others here who felt the same way. I personally though couldn't have done it without being here. But just like quitting we're all different so you need to do what works for you. Congrats on day 10 :)

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#48 AnnaMarie18

AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

Thank you green meenie and Jillar! I am so grateful for all of the posts and comments and I cannot stay quit without this board and the support, I am just finding that constantly being on here talking about smoking is making me think more about smoking than when I'm not online!! I must admit I didn't expect to feel that way!

I am logging on every day and pledging nope! But during the week when I am consumed with work the days are flying by!

I am not silly and I am taking all the advice I'm getting - I know I should not be too confident and I am definitely the type to post if I am struggling - but right now I am doing just fine! Of course I will keep you updated!!

Out of interest do either of you Get cravings? Does the smell of smoke on others make you feel yuk?! Keen to know what being a long term non smoker is like! :)
  • Jillar likes this

#49 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

Hi Anna, yes I still get cravings now and then. Mostly when I want to celebrate about something. They are easily brushed off though now. And yes I can't stand the smell of stale smoke and am embarrassed that I must have smelled like that too for 35 years :puke: I do though still enjoy the smell of a freshly lit cigarette. But it doesn't make me crave at all, even after a few beers :)
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

#50 brand.new.ela

brand.new.ela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Same here, Anna. I still like the smell of fresh smoke but people after smoking smell disgusting. And that was me for 18 years :(

• Jillar and AnnaMarie18 like this

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#51 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Hi all!

Still stick with my quit and super proud!! I've tried to stay away from the board a tiny bit as I am not really thinking about smoking except when I'm active on here! Can anyone else relate?

Day 10 for me and feeling really good!! No real cravings at all - is this normal too?

I have saved Β£80 since 1st Jan - I am going to treat myself and a friend to a nice meal tonight with my savings

Anytime and anywhere you will find smoking reminders, and this place is one of them. You will not achieve a good quit by avoiding smoke talk or activity. Anna, quitting is all about learning how to live without smoking, living a normal life where everyone does what they have to and we will not be affected by it.  This place talks smoking and I understand it gives you the thought about it.. BUT you must learn how to live with it, I still occasionally have thoughts about smoking and that does not mean I have to act on those impulses. 

Thoughts are not commands !  you still have a thought process and a decision to make about them. 

All the best your way !

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#52 neverland

neverland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Thank you for sharing Anna. Im on day 1 and it's so helpful to read your story to see whats ahead of me
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this

#53 Sparkzzz

Sparkzzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

Good going Anna. Keep it up 😊
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this
Smoke Free Forever !!!

#54 d2e8b8

d2e8b8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-17
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

Anna, doing awesome :).  Congratulations on 10 days and all the money saved.  Why not get a ticker to see the numbers counting up.  

Stay strong.

• Jillar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users