AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Hi all,

Happy new year! What a wonderful place to come and get all the support you need, this forum is fab.

I started my quit today! I am 9.5hrs down and feeling good! My breaths already feel a little deeper (but that may just be in my head!)

I am 33 years old and have been smoking since I was 15. I decided that I am taking my life back this year and will not smoke!! But I am going to need the support from this group because I've been so weak in previous attempts to quit.

I hope to join the long term quitters and be able to provide help and support to someone else with their quit later down the line. For now, I will stay close to this board!!

I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing this amazing journey alongside so many others!!

Anna-Marie
  • marciem, johnny5, Jillar and 7 others like this

#2 Sparkzzz

Sparkzzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hello Anna. Congratulations on quitting smoking !!! Let us know if you need anything.
Smoke Free Forever !!!

#3 AnnaMarie18

AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Thank you! I will certainly stay close to the board! I am feeling very positive about this decision and do not want to let myself down. Reading everyone's success stories is very inspiring too so fingers crossed I can follow suit!! 18 years of heavy smoking has damaged my body so much. I can't wait to start to heal.

#4 Fab

Fab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • quitdate:
    2018-01-01
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

Well done Anna!
My quit started today as well. 13 hours down.
I have been a long term smoker and look forward to becoming a long term quitter as well.
Not my first attempt either.
  • marciem, garrym, Rozuki and 1 other like this

#5 brand.new.ela

brand.new.ela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Hello Anna-Marie! Welcome to the board. Congratulations on your quit, being smoke-free is awesome! Stay close to the board, read a lot and don't hesitate to post whenegver you feel like it.

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#6 garrym

garrym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-13
  • Locationphoenix, az

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

Welcome aboard Anna-Marie!! Stick close to the site and read as much as you need to. Lots of knowledge and good folks here for support. Best wishes and hang in there. It is a bit of a roller coaster ride at times but it will get easier. You can do this. I smoked over 30 years and quit. Nothing special about me or most folks on this site except we had enough of smoking. You are wise to do this while you are still young unlike myself. Best wishes.

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

#7 Rozuki

Rozuki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-10
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

Hi and welcome, Anna-Marie! :grin: Congrats on making the decision to take back your life! Read the newbie package, read through the member posts and join in to give and get support!

https://www.quitsmok...-newbie-package

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2017

2hrfi0z_th.jpg tenor.gif

30ksjlf.gif

Don't romance the cigarette. It's all a "pack of lies". ~ IQuit88

#8 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,494 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

Hi AnnaMarie. Welcome to Qsmb. Quitting will be the most important decision you will ever make for the rest of your life, the gift that keeps on giving.
All the best your way !
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#9 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,063 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Welcome Anna-Marie, congratulations on taking back your life :) I stayed glued to this board my first year and am convinced I wouldn't be where I am today without it. Hopefully the same will be true for you :)
  • Lin-quitting and AnnaMarie18 like this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#10 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Welcome AM18 and congratulations on taking the first step toward freedom from this nasty addiction :)

Quitting and staying quit is very simple but, not easy to do. It's simple because all you have to do is commit to NOPE and do that every day. It's the actually doing that long term that is the difficult part for some. The key is educating yourself about this addiction and what it really is and how it tries everything it can to keep us enslaved. Yes, education, personal commitment & the support from like minded people will serve you well :)

• Jillar and AnnaMarie18 like this

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

#11 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Hi AnnaM and welcome. You have come to the right place to begin your journey. So glad you are here.
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this

#12 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Welcome!!! I like your attitude! You are right- this forum is fab! Stay close here for support, motivation & inspiration.
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

#13 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Welcome AnnaMarie - and Fab too! You have found the right place for information and support for your quits. These people are awesome and I wouldn't be the success I am today (9 months 3 weeks!) without them. Stay close to the board and read all you can find time for - education about the addiction is essential for us to overcome it.

Life as a nonsmoker is outstanding! I wish for you to stay committed and disciplined and end up feeling as good about quitting as I do.

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#14 giveintowin

giveintowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Hi AM and welcome. Quitting is just for one day at a time. Keep us posted on how you are going. :)

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

Quit date Thursday 24th October. 2017, 10.10am AEDT.

It is a relief to not be killing myself slowly. Every day I don't smoke I am getting stronger.

#15 AnnaMarie18

AnnaMarie18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

Good evening all! Thanks for all the kind messages of support, you're all so lovely!!

So, I just got into bed and day 1 is over! To have not smoked a cigarette for a whole day feels like such an achievement!!! I am reading through the newbie package and all of the recent threads and comments and it helps so much! i found today tricky but not as hard as I thought I would - I think it's the habit (filling time) rather than an actual craving that has been hard today. Let's see how tomorrow goes! Thanks for all the support, I know I have a long way to go but will stick with this board and give it my all.

I will update tomorrow! :))
  • Frank, Moominmumma, Jillar and 3 others like this

#16 G67

G67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-06
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

Welcome to the board Anna!
  • AnnaMarie18 likes this

#17 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

Your comment about "filling time" is bang on! That was one of the hardest parts for me too. Filling the time that you would have normally been smoking or buying smokes or figuring out where & when to smoke! The list is almost endless!

When you quit, all of a sudden there just so much additional time available to you and you're not quite sure what to do with it all. Trust me, it all works out in time. You will learn to live without smoking soon enough if you just stick with the NOPE! And the best part is ..... now I get to decide what to do with my time rather than some addiction deciding for me :)

• Jillar, Lin-quitting and AnnaMarie18 like this

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

#18 johnny5

johnny5

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,727 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-16
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Welcome to QSMB, Anna Marie.

Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can possibly do and there is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain here to help you quit for good.  It is good to have you here.

• AnnaMarie18 likes this

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta

I didn't quit smoking to live longer, I did it to live better. - jwg

event.png

2j3342d.jpg

#19 40strong

40strong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:00 AM

Hi Anna Marie,

Congratulations on your first day!  I'm on day 5, and totally agree with you.  Cigarettes were the punctuation marks of my day.  Making me stop what I was doing, or pause to take a break, and now my day feels out of wack.  My physical dependency really has nothing on my psychological dependency.  I don't have much good advice, but wanted to say I'm here with you!  

#20 Kazza

Kazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-01
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

Hi Anna Marie, well done on making the best decision ever.

Be proud of yourself every night you go to bed knowing you have not smoked - it will not be easy and some days the craves will be painful, but each time you beat one back you be stronger and more proud of yourself!!

That was kind of my mind set each day together with NOPE and sticking close to this board, reading as much as you can and being kind to yourself!

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users