Photo

What are your favorite Holiday indulgences???

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jeni

Jeni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts
  • quitdate:
    04/03/13
  • LocationChester County, PA

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

For the past few years, these have been my favorite...

http://www.neimanmar...aq=snowflak&fl=

It's an incredible combination of sweet, salty, and crunchy. I don't even particularly care for white chocolate, but O.M.G.

They are a little pricey (did someone say Neiman Marcus?) but are currently 20% off! and shipping for free.

Pro tip: If history holds, they will go to half price after Christmas. :)

What are your favorite indulgences this time of year?
  • Frank, Jillar and Phoebe77 like this

#2 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:48 AM

Sees chocolate, preferably the dark kind,  I usually go through 4 or 5 boxes each season.   :grin:

• marciem, Jeni and Jillar like this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#3 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Candy canes for me, preferably the cherry flavor :)
  • Jeni likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#4 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Sees chocolate, preferably the dark kind,  I usually go through 4 or 5 boxes each season.   :grin:

See's is the best!!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#5 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

I like, these, too...

61iNgU9n2RL._AC_US218_.jpg

Nancy

event.png

The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric

#6 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,004 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

I agree with the See's. Milk chocolate for me though. Mocha and hazelnut are a couple of my favorites.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#7 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Sees is far and above the BEST, beats out Godiva, Ghirardelli, Dove, you name it... gimme Sees or gimme.... well, if its chocolate (none of that white-chocolate non-chocolate nonsense please!) I'll eat it, but Please Sees!!

Jeni... they just need to cover those pretzels with real chocolate that's all!  :D  :D :)

• Jeni and Jillar like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#8 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Sees is far and above the BEST, beats out Godiva, Ghirardelli, Dove, you name it... gimme Sees or gimme.... well, if its chocolate (none of that white-chocolate non-chocolate nonsense please!) I'll eat it, but Please Sees!!

Jeni... they just need to cover those pretzels with real chocolate that's all!  :D  :D :)

Have you had the milk california brittle?  Yum!

Nancy

event.png

#9 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Have you had the milk california brittle?  Yum!

Not yet, Nancy ... now its on my list :)  .

Costco sells discount See's gift cards.... gotta love'em!!  :)

Jeni... tell Neimans to cover those snowflakes with chocolate-choclate (preferably imported from See's), and call it "urban snow"  :D :D :D  

edit:  Oh yeah, Nancy... I looked it up,  it's usually in one of my several gift boxes and I do love it!!

• Frank and Jeni like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png

Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#10 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

Last 2 days have been a heartburn nightmare for me.. No digesting chocolate too well lately.   I get Chocogurgitations   :blink:  

Just looked up 

"Chocolate is moderately acidic, not extremely or slightly acidic. If you eat too much chocolate you will loose the pH balance causing your body to go into a never ending acidic cycle "

I guess I am just having too much...   :o

• Jeni likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#11 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

I like, these, too...
61iNgU9n2RL._AC_US218_.jpg

Nancy that is my favourite chocolate 😀
  • Nancy. and JimHannoonen like this

#12 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Last 2 days have been a heartburn nightmare for me.. No digesting chocolate too well lately. I get Chocogurgitations :blink:

Just looked up

"Chocolate is moderately acidic, not extremely or slightly acidic. If you eat too much chocolate you will loose the pH balance causing your body to go into a never ending acidic cycle "

I guess I am just having too much... :o

Frank this has really caught my eye. Most people are disgusted at the amount of chocolate I eat every day. I get heartburn a lot and have never linked it to my chocolate intake.
  • Frank likes this

#13 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Ruler Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Anything and everything lemon.

Our Meyer lemon tree produces the most amazing lemons this time of year and Dre goes into crazy baker mode, so for the next month, there will be lemon cookies, lemon pies, lemon cakes, lemon bars and pretty much anything else you can think of in our house.

I'll probably gain a good 5 lbs, but I don't care. I love lemon desserts. :)

• Jillar likes this

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

"We don’t slip into our greatest achievements. We commit and then make them happen."

#14 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Anything and everything lemon.

Our Meyer lemon tree produces the most amazing lemons this time of year and Dre goes into crazy baker mode, so for the next month, there will be lemon cookies, lemon pies, lemon cakes, lemon bars and pretty much anything else you can think of in our house.

I'll probably gain a good 5 lbs, but I don't care. I love lemon desserts. :)

hmmmph... 

here I was expecting something like this from you, Jim!!  I'm soooooo disappointed :D :D

81mHck7BaSL._SX480_.jpg

• Jeni and Jillar like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png

#15 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

My favourite thing is the green triangle chocolates from the tub of Quality Street. I always rummage around and pinch them all 😀

Also Mont Blanc dessert. Meringue with cream and sweet chestnut purée through it mmmmm
  • Frank and Jennet like this

#16 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Another one from Nieman Marcus...

Mrs Prindable'sTriple Chocolate Jumbo Caramel Apple

Price: 

$25.00

NMQ58P9_mu.jpg

Nancy

event.png

#17 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Ruler Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

hmmmph... 

here I was expecting something like this from you, Jim!!  I'm soooooo disappointed :D :D

81mHck7BaSL._SX480_.jpg

Those were 50% off the other day on the Crocs website (don't ask me how I know).

If I didn't already have a pair of Christmas Crocs I'd have bought them. :)

My Christmas Crocs.

10437775_10208337062529893_3695091181064

• Jennet likes this

30ksjlf.gif

"We don’t slip into our greatest achievements. We commit and then make them happen."

#18 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

Those were 50% off the other day on the Crocs website (don't ask me how I know).

If I didn't already have a pair of Christmas Crocs I'd have bought them. :)

My Christmas Crocs.

10437775_10208337062529893_3695091181064

This thread is about holiday indulgences!!  At 50% off... indulge, indulge :) :D .

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png

#19 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Ruler Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

This thread is about holiday indulgences!!  At 50% off... indulge, indulge :) :D .

Oh, I bought myself a new set or Crocs, just not Christmas Crocs. :)

• marciem likes this

30ksjlf.gif

#20 Phoebe77

Phoebe77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:22 AM

Special Xmas After Dinner Mints that are only on the shelves at Xmas. I've had about 6 packets so far and 3 in the fridge. I like my chocolate cold. It's a hot summer thing.

Dark chocolate with a white perfectly minty centre individually wrapped in gold crinkly paper. *yummy*

PS I also love lemon desserts! I make a beautiful Belgium Lemon Cake.

• Frank and Jeni like this

The past is only a memory and the future does not exist. All you have to deal with is this moment. Breath.

Kick Ass Member of The Avengers. Quit 11:50pm 23rd April 2014

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users