• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Stela

Stela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hello everyone my name is stella and i am new to this group i have quit smoking for two weeks now.i used to smoke for 15 years a pack a day.my whole day started with them and ended withem them i came to a point that i felt quilty especially the last year every single time i smoked so i decided for my health that it was time to stop.its not easy but i am trying .
  • Frank, johnny5, Jillar and 5 others like this

#2 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,791 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

Welcome to QSMB and congratulations on your quit. 

Quitting may not be as easy as we wish it to be but it's not impossible.You can do it if you own your quit, educate yourself on the ways to deal with the tricks your addicted brain will play and seek for support whenever you need it. You came to the right place for the latter two and owning your quit is up to you which probably starts with not "trying"  :) 

• Jillar, Lust4Life and cvold like this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#3 Despair Not

Despair Not

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-21

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

Hi

Welcome to QSMB and congratulations on quitting,

Try and read through the newbie sections on the main board so you can better understand the effect nicotine has had on you. It made my quit easier to see what others had gone through and how they coped.

• Lust4Life likes this
"Get busy living or get busy dying"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#4 Kazza

Kazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-01
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hi Stella,

Welcome to the best decision you will ever make.

Please read as much as you can on here to understand all about the addiction and how pledging NOPE Not One Puff Ever will help you keep your quit.

• Lust4Life likes this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2016

#5 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Welcome Stella. I'm glad you found QSMB. I'm confident this place will offer you the support & education you need to keep growing your quit! It did for me & countless others. We've been there, done that & we will help get you over any hurdles along the way.

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

#6 Stela

Stela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

Thank you for the help.was it difficult for you to stop smoking?

#7 Joe7

Joe7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-04

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Stella

Welcome to QSMB and congratulations on your 2 weeks quit.

#8 Palm109

Palm109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

Stela, relax just alittle bit 14 days is great, you are through most of the hard part, I hope you know you are nicotine free right now !

YES nicotine free.  Now hang in their Girl and retrain your Mind that there is life without nicotine.

• barry likes this

#9 Despair Not

Despair Not

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-21

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Hi Stella

in answer to your question

its never easy to quit but it is simple

The Trick is Not One Puff Ever,

• Jillar and barry like this
"Get busy living or get busy dying"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#10 barry

barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Welcome Stella!  Every day will be a kind of rollercoaster ride for a while.  Just breathe though the cravings.  It's just your addict brain telling you it wants more of it's drug - a fix!   It's incredibly challenging at first, but as stated above, you're through some of the hardest parts.  And, while it isn't a linear trip by any stretch, it does get progressively better, overall.

So, just let each craving wash over you.  They really don't last very long, and aren't all that terrible.  Drink some water, go for a walk or whatever tools you've used for the past two weeks.  

It will get better.  I promise.+

• Jillar likes this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#11 KT1973

KT1973

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-22
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Welcome Stella, and congratulations on your decision to quit!

• barry likes this

event.png

Nicotine Free Since September 22, 2017

Don't let a moment's weakness cause you to start smoking/vaping again.

Let's Keep Our Quit. We've Got This!

N.O.P.E.

#12 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Hi Stella, welcome to QSMB and congratulations for making the most important decision for the rest of your life. 

• barry likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#13 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

Hi stela, congratulations on taking back your life! You are doing great and just remember that every time you get past a craving that trigger gets weaker. :)
  • garrym and barry like this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#14 Sparkzzz

Sparkzzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Hello Stela. Congratulations on your quit. We are here for you. Let us know if you need any help. As everyone has posted above, try to get through the first month. It gets a little easier after that.
  • barry likes this
Smoke Free Forever !!!

#15 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

Hi and welcome. You are doing fine. Keep going and soon you will reap the many benefits of being smoke free.
  • barry likes this

#16 Moominmumma

Moominmumma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-11
  • LocationSouth coast, UK

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

Welcome! It's not easy but it's doable. A real rollercoaster getting free from a killer addiction!
  • barry likes this

Making this my sticky quit since 11.48am gmt Friday 11th August 2017!!! Patches, lozenges, red wine and chocolate are my weapons of choice!
1502447401_25_1_GBP_7_pinksec.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.jpg

#17 johnny5

johnny5

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,424 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-16
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

Welcome to QSMB, Stela!  Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.  It is one of the best things you can possibly do for yourself and your loved ones.

• barry likes this

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta

I didn't quit smoking to live longer, I did it to live better. - jwg

event.png

2j3342d.jpg

#18 garrym

garrym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-13
  • Locationphoenix, az

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:00 AM

Welcome to the board Stela and congrats on your decision to quit and getting TWO WEEKS under your belt. That is huge!!!!!!!!!! You will still have the urge and crave but as Jillar said it will get easier to blow off the more you do it. Keep the quit at the top of your list for a while and then it gets easier. Lots of knowledge and good folks here so post an S.O.S. if need be. Look forward to hearing on your progress to being smoke free. Best wishes and go get this quit.

• Jillar and barry like this

#19 Hoff825

Hoff825

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-03

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Congrats on 2 weeks! and quitting was as easy as I made it.  Lots of water and jolly ranchers..

Rich

• barry likes this

1376254800_25_1_USD_9.55_dark.png

#20 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Hi Stela and congratulations on making the most important decision of your life - quitting this horrible addiction!

You are doing great to have a couple of weeks quit under your belt so far. The first month or so is the hardest part to be sure but, you can focus on the positive things you are starting to realize from quitting rather than dwelling on the misery of the early quit days and that will help a little. I think most of us had issues waking up each day and not lighting up that morning smoke. I changed up my old morning routine a little and that helped me.

You say you "are trying" ...... no; you are DOING IT! You are now a non smoker. Stay committed to that Stela! Smoking is no longer an option in your life no matter what comes your way and the reason for this is that smoking NEVER did anything positive for you. It only quieted your junkie brain for 30-60 minutes. That's all. Now, you are getting back to where you used to be. You know - before you started smoking? That's the YOU that you're now rediscovering. Stick with it. It will get not only easier but you will soon wonder why you didn't quit sooner and, why you ever smoked in the first place :)

• brand.new.ela, barry and Stela like this

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users