2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,513 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-10-21
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

Oh MissyCat thank you for some guidelines for women to follow. Gonna try your menu for a week and also incorporate both your and Dannos exercise routines. Hopefully others will post some tips. So love this post. Thanks again Danno. Looking forward to your weekly updates.

You will want to have, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks. There is no need to be hungry if you make wise choices. Basically you are looking at protein, vegetables, and fruit. Up your water intake, lower your carbs, and add moderate exercise.

Good luck snowywinter!
  • snowywinter likes this
Carol
A 2014 Avenger
Smoke free since October 21, 2014

ddl449.jpg

1413921600_25_1_USD_8_default.png

#22 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

Thanks MissyCat. Also like the calorie count Danno. Incorporating meals from both posts for variety.
  • MissyCat likes this

#23 Danno

Danno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-19
  • LocationIowa

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

Weight loss heck week is in the books! :)

Not a great week on the eating part, but I still managed to move my weight in the right direction. I missed a couple of days exercising, but made up for it with a really busy work week that worked me over pretty good. I also did 4-5 hours of some pretty intense yard work yesterday, so I wasn't a total slug this past week. I will need to clean up the eating and step up the intensity level on my exercise routines starting today. Here's my weigh-in from this morning and a look at my calorie intake for the week. I need to shed 9 lbs in 28 days to hit my goal.

Thanks again for all the nice comments.

12-2-17
2 eggs/bacon/toast-405
milk-110
hot dog w/bun-260
flav water-64
trail mix-150
boneless chkn-450
3 beers-330
1/2 tuna-125
1/2 pb-175
chessestk-90

12-1-17
poached eggs on toast w/oj-360
tuna s/w w/soup-260
flav water-64
trail mix-150
chs stick-90
hot dogw/ bun-260

11-30-17
breakfast bar-130
2 eggs/ssg/pancake-325
3 beers/sampler630
trail mix-150
flav water-64
sliced apple-100

11-29-17
2 pb toast/oj-310
egg/bacon biscuit/1/2 french toast-450
chicken/pasta/salad-450
pizza-330
flav water-64

11-28-17
1/2 yogurt and breakfast bar-210
2 eggs/2 ssg/1/2 waffle-360
salmon/blknd rice/salad-350
apple slices-100
turkey and noodles w/mashed potatoes-430
milk-110
2 cookies-100
flav water-64
popcorn-110
fiber 1 bar-90

11-27-17
2 eggs/2ssg/toast/milk-460
hotdog/salad-230
cheese stick-90
trail mix-150
flav water-64
grilled cheese-300

KGYQNDQ.jpg

• johnny5, Jillar, Lust4Life and 1 other like this

"What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" - Jean-Jacques Rousseau 

#24 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Wtg Danno. I continue to move more and started walking. Just doing 15 minutes a day but it is a beginning. Also copying some of the foods and their calories. It helps. Yesterday someone asked if I had lost some weight. Yes it is working. Only 8 lbs down(mostly water weight) but its a start. Ty Danno
  • Jillar likes this

#25 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

So pleased Danno 😀

#26 Danno

Danno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-19
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

Weighed in at 209.2 this morning, so I actually gained a little. This week was a brutal work week for me(worked every day and weekend), so I didn't eat well and ate late meals, which will not result in weight loss. I have been so tired that I only really exercised twice over the past week. The good news, I still have not had any soda or chips.....that's a win for me. I have another really hard work week ahead of me, so I will try to be a bit more mindful to eat better this week.

I really want to break 200 by the end of the month.

• Jennet and snowywinter like this

"What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" - Jean-Jacques Rousseau 

#27 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

You can do it. Thanks for the update.

#28 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:07 AM

Hi Danno, sorry for the weight gain. If you don't mind can I suggest you cut out the sausage, peanut butter and bread from your meals? I'm actually eating MORE of these to try to gain weight because they're very high in calories so it makes sense that by cutting them out of your diet you should be able to greatly lessen your daily calories :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#29 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:28 AM

Not eating regularly is a curse if you are trying to lose weight.

Xmas is looming and let's face it food is a big part of that. Everyone needs to cut themselves a bit of slack at this time of year.

I make soup and that might help you through a crappy work week.

Just fry off onion, leek and celery until soft. Add a chopped potato and then whatever you want such as chopped cauliflower and parsnip then add a made up stock cube. Gently boil for 10 mins and then blitz. If too watery add a bit of instant potato flakes to thicken it up.

You can then cool and store in the fridge. Pop a portion in a beaker for work and pop in the microwave to heat through. Take a couple of slices of bread or a nice roll.

Healthy and filing.
  • snowywinter likes this

#30 Wouter

Wouter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

​Is it true that marijuana can actually help to loss weight? I've been hearing people talk about this lately in some forum i cant remember what forum that is but i was pretty curious about they're topic. I have been reading this marijuana strain here in https://www.bonzasee...blog/banana-og/ and all it says that i can help you relax and chill you physically and mentally. Some of them might even help you with depression and anxiety but this issue regarding losing weight when using marijuana is just fascinating. Can you enlighten me with some new information about this?

#31 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

​Is it true that marijuana can actually help to loss weight? I've been hearing people talk about this lately in some forum i cant remember what forum that is but i was pretty curious about they're topic. I have been reading this marijuana strain here in https://www.bonzasee...blog/banana-og/ and all it says that i can help you relax and chill you physically and mentally. Some of them might even help you with depression and anxiety but this issue regarding losing weight when using marijuana is just fascinating. Can you enlighten me with some new information about this?

No idea ?

#32 Danno

Danno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-19
  • LocationIowa

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:27 PM

Jill and Snowy......thanks so much for your feedback and support. I really appreciate it.

I pretty much gave up on counting calories this week because I was so crazy busy with work. I fully expected to see a gain this morning and weighed in at 207.0. I have no idea how this happened because I pretty much ate what I wanted. I did miss a couple meals because of work, and just grabbed a breakfast bar on the run. Tomorrow will be one month since my last soda, so maybe that has something to do with it. I was really happy and re-motivated to hit my goal this month. 

Jill, you are right about the PB, sausage, and bread, I need to cut back. PB is a calorie killer. I eat Village Hearth whole wheat bread that is 45 calories per slice, so that isn't so bad, Sausage is 60 calories per link, but high in fat. I see so many different opinions on proper diet, it made my head spin. I've come to the conclusion that a balanced diet and exercise are the keys. 

Faith, thanks for the recipe...that sounds wonderful. I might have to try that sometime. Your post reminded me that maybe I need to prepare some of my meals in advance to help ensure I am eating healthier.

• Jillar and snowywinter like this

#33 barry

barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

This is a great article that we've used to get more info about calories, weight loss, nutrition and exercise.  Your Mileage May Vary:

http://physiqonomics...iendly-version/

• Jillar, grun and snowywinter like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

#34 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Way to go guys, really wishing you lose weight as much as you want or need...  I won't talk about what I eat, not enough page to write on :-)

• snowywinter and barry like this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#35 Jennet

Jennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-20
  • LocationOut there somewhere in the UK

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Good Lord Danno.....   I'm gonna try this along with you.... will not post pics of scales tho....   my belly hangs over me jeans too much and blots out the view!

Think I'm joking....   I'm 5 feet 2 inches in me socks... and I'm heavier than you...    :shock:   If that does not keep me  motivated, I don't know what will!

• snowywinter likes this

Older than dust.......    :P 

Stopped smoking for 2nd time 20th Dec 2017 @ 17:45pm after putting out my last fag!   Was  9mths, 2wks, 5days, 1hr and 31 minutes previously, and had saved £3,085 approximately....   Crikey... what did I do with all that money....   All I know is that I spent it!!

th_penguins.gif   th_tiny.jpg th_Nope.gif th_happydancenun.gif

30ksjlf.jpg        th_sisyphus.gif     Not One Puff Ever again.....

Cigarettes were never the anchors in our lives that hold us steady....  they were the ropes that kept us tied to the dock while life sailed by! - jwg

It is not because you quit...it is because you smoked.  It will pass! -  Nancy

#36 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Jennet lots of good tips here. It does help. Love the soup idea Faith and missy also has good tips. Frank also had a good one...he bought a frozen bird when he quit and then ate it.
  • Frank and Jennet like this

#37 Danno

Danno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-19
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Another good week with the weight loss. I officially surpassed the 10 lb mark. Probably not going to make my goal of getting under 200 by Jan 1, but I will be close. I really haven't had to do much adjusting with the exception of totally eliminating soda from my diet and watching what I eat a little closer. I also cut peanut butter from my diet for the past two weeks. So I have lost 11.2 lbs since I started on 11-19...not bad for 1 month. :)

UTltdMs.jpg

• johnny5, Jillar and snowywinter like this

#38 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Well done Danno. I have let up a bit till after the holidays but your post and tips helped me get started moving and watching what I eat.

#39 Jennet

Jennet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-12-20
  • LocationOut there somewhere in the UK

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

Just a quick heads up for those that do not know that when you put on muscle, you weigh a little more, but you tend to shed fat a little faster too as it burns it off quicker.....    Not sure where I got that one from.... but that's the excuse I'm wearing at the minute!! 

picgifs-abandon-thread-****-this-s***-27

• marciem and snowywinter like this

Older than dust.......    :P 

Stopped smoking for 2nd time 20th Dec 2017 @ 17:45pm after putting out my last fag!   Was  9mths, 2wks, 5days, 1hr and 31 minutes previously, and had saved £3,085 approximately....   Crikey... what did I do with all that money....   All I know is that I spent it!!

th_penguins.gif   th_tiny.jpg th_Nope.gif th_happydancenun.gif

30ksjlf.jpg        th_sisyphus.gif     Not One Puff Ever again.....

Cigarettes were never the anchors in our lives that hold us steady....  they were the ropes that kept us tied to the dock while life sailed by! - jwg

It is not because you quit...it is because you smoked.  It will pass! -  Nancy

#40 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

That's awesome danno, have a merry Christmas :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users