Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-11
  • LocationSomewhere out there

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:48 AM

I started the patch 3 days ago and all was good, the first night I put on the inside of my arm, the second night I put it on my chest above my breast and both of those placements were fine. Tonight I put it on the back of my shoulder and now my shoulder feels very sore, it was also itchy when I first put it on as well but the itching went away after about 5 mins, however my shoulder still feels sore. It kind of feels like a dead arm. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? should I put a new patch on in a different placement? 

#2 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,637 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM

I found the best place to be the upper arms, alternating daily.

h9991452_002.jpg

• Rozuki and Bird like this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#3 Bird

Bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-11

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

I found the best place to be the upper arms, alternating daily.

h9991452_002.jpg

Thank you so much Hope! I think that's the only location I haven't put it on yet so I will try that tonight :)

• Hope2Nope likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta

Disadvantages of smoking are many but those of quitting are none. Advantages of smoking are none but those of quitting are many. -Unknown

The best time to quit smoking was the day you started, the second best time to quit is today. - Unknown

Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail -Ralph Waldo Emerson

love yourself, because there is only one you ♥

#4 Moominmumma

Moominmumma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-11
  • LocationSouth coast, UK

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hi and welcome!I've tried lots of different places lol. Patches seem to be better for me up high on my arm just below shoulder. They still itch like crazy and 1st, I'm on lowest dose and have 3 months quit tomorrow.
I also put them on my upper thigh but they get caught in clothes etc.
Keep trying and you'll work it out. Congratulations on your 3 days!
  • Bird likes this

Making this my sticky quit since 11.48am gmt Friday 11th August 2017!!! Patches, lozenges, red wine and chocolate are my weapons of choice!
1502447401_25_1_GBP_7_pinksec.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.jpg

#5 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,441 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:53 PM

I hope you can appreciate some humor on this topic...from our Invisible Man  https://www.quitsmok...s-on-the-patch/

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#6 Bird

Bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-11

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:54 AM

I hope you can appreciate some humor on this topic...from our Invisible Man  https://www.quitsmok...s-on-the-patch/

Ahh the legend jwg. That actually made me laugh a lot, I definitely needed some humor tonight so thank you :)
  • Nancy. likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta

Disadvantages of smoking are many but those of quitting are none. Advantages of smoking are none but those of quitting are many. -Unknown

The best time to quit smoking was the day you started, the second best time to quit is today. - Unknown

Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail -Ralph Waldo Emerson

love yourself, because there is only one you ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users