#82 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

I thought you were smarter than this, Frank  ;)

#1 the rules are the rules, you got your wish!

#2 go do some actual research before you continue on your mission which is based upon your personal opinion, not facts (ya know how lots of people bag on me and make fun of me for enjoying scientific journals?  they're pretty informative)

All the best!

I don't do much research, i am not smart for that,  but I have learnt to like me that way.  Instead I listen carefully and that has more of a positive impact in my life in general, then I add both and I find me happy and for me that is more than what I can ask for this time around.

With sincerity, all the best your way !

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#83 FrazzledApril

FrazzledApril

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-16
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

I don't do much research, i am not smart for that,  but I have learnt to like me that way.  Instead I listen carefully and that has more of a positive impact in my life in general, then I add both and I find me happy and for me that is more than what I can ask for this time around.

With sincerity, all the best your way !

There's nothing wrong with the way that you find your personal happiness.  That doesn't have anything to do with stating inaccurate information as fact, when the truth is, it's simply your opinion based on absolutely no research whatsoever.

image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2017

#84 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

:doh:  :doh:  Do you ever stop ?

I will now.. no more bait, no more fish ....

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#85 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,710 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

She's gone forever, Frank. You can stop talking to yourself.  :D

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#86 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Ruler Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

Wooohoooo!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled crazy already in progress.

;)

• Frank, Jillar and Lust4Life like this

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

"We don’t slip into our greatest achievements. We commit and then make them happen."

#87 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:31 AM

Really?  Can we move this from Pointless to Celebrations?  Hahaha j/k.   Sort of, kind of.  Wink wink, nudge nudge.  Thanks for protecting the flock avian3!    

• Frank and Jillar like this

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

#88 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:32 AM

Wooohoooo!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled crazy already in progress.

;)

Heck yeah!  Don't touch that dial...

#89 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

You guys are really sad, to ban her is one thing to relish in it is just plain sad.

you all think this is something to celebrate.?

#90 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

I do. When a stranger accuses me of belonging to a cult (QSMB), refers to the method I have independently chosen to help me quit as brainwashing, continues to antagonize people trying to help, & eventually emerges not only as a likely troll, but a bully...and that person gets banned by admin...yes, it is cause for me to celebrate. I didn't ask anyone else to join me.

I find it sad that people feel OK being mean cloaked behind a cyber wall.
  • Frank, Nancy., Jillar and 2 others like this

#91 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

I find that I have missed many conversations, seems april really got busy these last couple of days stirring the pot.  apologies L4L you had every right to feel good about this. 

• Lust4Life likes this

#92 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

I find that I have missed many conversations, seems april really got busy these last couple of days stirring the pot. apologies L4L you had every right to feel good about this.

Thanks Buckster. I appreciate your words very much!!
  • Nancy. likes this

#93 Tiredofit

Tiredofit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-06

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

I am nobody around here. Just some relative noob hanging out. I of course then have no say in who is welcome or not. But I will say this -

On one forums in the long past, I was in April's shoes. Half the regulars against me even though I had not acted really any worse than anyone else.

She has her struggles but I didn't notice where she was particularly a bully. I noticed that people did not agree with her quit method.

Even if she were in the wrong for whatever so deeply offended others, does it really take 1/2 the regulars to poke at her and then someone to be a kiss-up and say...

Really?  Can we move this from Pointless to Celebrations?  Hahaha j/k.   Sort of, kind of.  Wink wink, nudge nudge.  Thanks for protecting the flock avian3!    

Let me ask this though -

if someone is THAT offended on a message board or is that prone to relapse based on someone else's choices, don't they have other issues to work out first?

In the real world, are they going to relapse every time they see someone vaping or smoking? Seems to me like April was a scapegoat for the less determined quitters.

IS April's method a bad idea? Maybe to some. It might work for some. Suppose someone tries it and it doesn't work. Who do they REALLY have to blame? Better yet instead of blaming, just move on to a different method.

I am not happy to see her go. She made things more interesting than just seeing countless threads of people pledging "nope" or "snot" or "puke" on a daily basis and people agreeing.

#94 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,095 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

TOI... I can't speak for others, but I feel the need to get my views out there.

For me, her chosen method had absolutely nothing to do with it.  Yes, some tried to counsel her against vaping, and her attitude was not respectful.

With me, what happened was:

1.  She popped into a thread meant to be quit-affirming "What do you like most about NOT smoking" and said "I love everything about smoking" etc. etc. (...and forever afterward claimed "I didn't start the drama"  Yes she did, right there.)

2.  This disturbed another member to the point of starting a new thread in an ATTEMPT to advise her about mind-set and letting go of loving smoking, things that we espouse on this board and attempt to teach, since they have helped so many maintain long-term quits..

3.  I took the time and effort to give her my best advice on how to achieve the goal of realizing that there is nothing to love about smoking (she likened it to a long-lost love that she gave up... hey, all people have some lovable traits I believe... not so with cigarettes... (but I digress, I never touched on that false logic) and also some reasoning about why, in my opinion, it was preferred to quit for yourself, not your kids alone (though them being a part of the reasons is always admirable).

4.  For this I was treated to having my advice characterized as brain-washing and a few other things, cultish and robotic and oh yes creepy and stalking...were in there among several of her other posts.  And yes I lashed back telling her I thought SHE was brainwashed into loving smoking.  Never said I was a bigger person.  

From there she had been disrespectful to everyone who didn't agree with her, and dug in her heels with and attitude of "I've always loved smoking and will love it until the day I die" (she didn't say that in so many words, it was that attitude though.)  "Whats wrong with that?"  As well as "I already picked my quit method,  I have bazillions of advisers in my real life who know me and love me,  so if you don't like it leave me alone" attitude... again, I really didn't have a problem with her 'method' but others may have found that irritating and irrational from a newbie supposedly here to learn how to quit and KEEP A QUIT.

She also made very snarky remarks about those who "attacked her"  (I never attacked her, only tried to give her advice) for not jumping in on her bad day.  Well, honey, if you won't listen to me on a good day, what can I say to you on a bad day that will be helpful?  That was my thinking.  She got plenty of support on her bad day.  And she also said something about "give me advice only when I ask for it."  WTF?  We're here to advise and support quitting smoking, not to listen to somebody blab about everything in their little lives.... that's what FB is for :)  .

As to being interesting... drama is always interesting until it affects other people's quits.  And yes, those other people can avoid the threads where drama is happening, it is their choice and their power.  I don't run this place, but I have some of the same feelings as Avian expressed, that FA was merely here to stir the pot or troll, not to get advice or help.  That's the difference.

That's all from my personal perspective of interaction with her, but her most recent belittling and abasing of Frank fell in exactly with what we've seen often in the past from vape-trolls.  It is the reason we no longer have an e-cig forum, and the reason that the anti-e-cig rules were written in the first place.  It wasn't her pro-vape stance, it was the abusive treatment of another member for their rightful opinion.

• Frank, eeyore, Jillar and 4 others like this
Quit Date 9/20/12
Posted Image
Posted Image
Honorary member of: Posted Image

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#95 eeyore

eeyore

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-12-01
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

She's gone forever, Frank. You can stop talking to yourself.  :D

Aw man

il_570xN.751787923_2yw3.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• avian3 and Jillar like this

event.png2j3342d.jpg                      

#96 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,710 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

TOI... I can't speak for others, but I feel the need to get my views out there.

For me, her chosen method had absolutely nothing to do with it.  Yes, some tried to counsel her against vaping, and her attitude was not respectful.

With me, what happened was:

1.  She popped into a thread meant to be quit-affirming "What do you like most about NOT smoking" and said "I love everything about smoking" etc. etc.

2.  This disturbed another member to the point of starting a new thread in and ATTEMPT to advise her about mind-set and letting go of loving smoking.

3.  I took the time and effort to give her my best advice on how to achieve the goal of realizing that there is nothing to love about smoking (she likened it to a long-lost love that she gave up... hey, all people have some lovable traits I believe... not so with cigarettes... (but I digress, I never touched on that false logic) and also some reasoning about why, in my opinion, it was preferred to quit for yourself, not your kids alone (though them being a part of the reasons is always admirable).

4.  For this I was treated to having my advice characterized as brain-washing and a few other things, cultish and robotic were in there among several of her other posts.  And yes I lashed back telling her I thought SHE was brainwashed into loving smoking.  Never said I was a bigger person.

From there she had been disrespectful to everyone who didn't agree with her, and dug in her heels with and attitude of "I've always loved smoking and will love it until the day I die" (she didn't say that in so many words, it was that attitude though.)  "Whats wrong with that?"

She also made very snarky remarks about those who "attacked her"  (I never attacked her, only tried to give her advice) for not jumping in on her bad day.  Well, honey, if you won't listen to me on a good day, what can I say to you on a bad day that will be helpful?  That was my thinking.  She got plenty of support on her bad day.  And she also said something about "give me advice when I ask for it."  WTF?  We're here to advise and support quitting smoking, not to listen to somebody blab about everything in their little lives.... that's what FB is for :)  .

As to being interesting... drama is always interesting until it affects other people's quits.  And yes, those other people can avoid the threads where drama is happening, it is their choice and their power.  I don't run this place, but I have some of the same feelings as Avian expressed, that FA was merely here to stir the pot or troll, not to get advice or help.  That's the difference.

MARCIE GETS IT!!!!!!!! WHY ARE THERE SOME HERE SO BLIND THAT THEY CAN"T SEE IT?????

All I read from some is "we didn't like her method BOO HOO!!!" It was her attitude and disruption of the forum that got her banned.

Just because someone is quitting smoking doesn't give them an excuse to be rude and cause havoc.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#97 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,710 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

I am nobody around here. Just some relative noob hanging out. I of course then have no say in who is welcome or not. But I will say this -

On one forums in the long past, I was in April's shoes. Half the regulars against me even though I had not acted really any worse than anyone else.

She has her struggles but I didn't notice where she was particularly a bully. I noticed that people did not agree with her quit method.

Even if she were in the wrong for whatever so deeply offended others, does it really take 1/2 the regulars to poke at her and then someone to be a kiss-up and say...

Let me ask this though -

if someone is THAT offended on a message board or is that prone to relapse based on someone else's choices, don't they have other issues to work out first?

In the real world, are they going to relapse every time they see someone vaping or smoking? Seems to me like April was a scapegoat for the less determined quitters.

IS April's method a bad idea? Maybe to some. It might work for some. Suppose someone tries it and it doesn't work. Who do they REALLY have to blame? Better yet instead of blaming, just move on to a different method.

I am not happy to see her go. She made things more interesting than just seeing countless threads of people pledging "nope" or "snot" or "puke" on a daily basis and people agreeing.

Read Marcie's post above, maybe you will finally get it.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#98 breath

breath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • LocationWarwickshire

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

I never realised that April was vaping until I saw it mentioned (tucked away)in a long post.

During her bad days......instead of "fighting the good fight" she fell back on a smoking ritual (vape when your stressed).

April from the start put the "cart before the horse".

Instead of offering:

1 Im using a vaper for a strict timetable  e.g 2 week step down

2 This is my  quit date. After this date I'm taking it day by day.

3 Im going to quit something i really loved and hope QSMB will provide support/education.

Practically everybody takes this route via method or love/hate of smoking.

April decided to:

1 I hate acronyms NOPE NTAP SNOT KTQ ETQ and pledges + any mass marketed method. I detect cultish behaviour patterns and rituals. Names like OLD PHARTE are senior operatives who can use Thetan brain washing techniques. The Head of QSMB is a parakeet who lives in California :shock: Frank and Jim tend to the droppings.

They have NOPE operatives all around the world. Even one near Stratford upon Avon :mrgreen: . The bard off nope :shock:

2 Many posters made a considerable effort to direct ( control) her to the education. I bumped a few posts (neural paths)

3 April kept saying she liked smoking whilst vaping.

4 April kept saying she liked smoking whilst vaping.

5 Hoisted by her own petard!

10756970_f520.jpg

Relapse is like peeling an onion. TEARS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950}

NOPE stands for Not One Puff EVER....

It does not stand for......

Not One Puff EXCEPT...

The minimum requirement is maximum commitment....to NOPE

It takes many good decisions to make a good quit, and  only one bad one to lose it.

Quit 2nd October 2001.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users