30 replies to this topic

#21 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

I haven't picked up the steam cleaner yet but will soon. I tried febreeze a while back ago and although it worked for a few days the smell would return. In truth, I think it smelled worse after using febreeze but, that could be because my nose works better now. lol 

I tried spraying every few days for a week and that didn't work either. Smell always came back. :(

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

#22 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

I could still smell it a bit today so you're right that the febreeze is only temporary.

I did find that a KFC box of chicken did remove the smell quite well. It's going to be tough but I'm happy to buy this again tomorrow to rid the cigarette smoke smell for another day πŸ˜€

Edited to add - I don't eat meat but I didn't think my explaining I only had chips and gravy was necessary. Then I thought I better as I had already mentioned I was a vegetarian in another thread. I still love the smell of KFC chicken though πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • Jillar and Acer like this

#23 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

I could still smell it a bit today so you're right that the febreeze is only temporary.

I did find that a KFC box of chicken did remove the smell quite well. It's going to be tough but I'm happy to eat this again tomorrow to rid the cigarette smoke smell for another day

LOL, Faith.  Your post reminded me of a listing I once saw on Ebay, when I was looking for shoes.  Now remember, at the time I was a smoker so it added to how silly I found it...

"Used shoes.  From a smoke free home."

my thought... ok great, they don't smell like smoke, they smell like old toe-jam.  Just great :D  

So I'm interpreting that you're trading a smoke-smell for a greasy fried chicken smell LOL... I don't know why that amuses me, obviously fried chicken is preferable to smoke.  At the time I was shopping shoes on ebay, smoke was preferable to toe-jam in the smell department :D :P  .

• Jillar, Faith and Acer like this

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#24 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

I can't breathe for laughing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ This is the funniest story ever Marcie - toe jam just finished me off πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Acer likes this

#25 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,257 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

LOL, Faith.  Your post reminded me of a listing I once saw on Ebay, when I was looking for shoes.  Now remember, at the time I was a smoker so it added to how silly I found it...

"Used shoes.  From a smoke free home."

my thought... ok great, they don't smell like smoke, they smell like old toe-jam.  Just great :D  

So I'm interpreting that you're trading a smoke-smell for a greasy fried chicken smell LOL... I don't know why that amuses me, obviously fried chicken is preferable to smoke.  At the time I was shopping shoes on ebay, smoke was preferable to toe-jam in the smell department :D :P  .

That story about made me throw up my lunch! I can't even fathom the idea of wearing someone else's shoes, toe jam or not!  :laughbounce: 

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#26 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

Its not so bad Jill 

You put them on and they have this cool damp feeling to them,

so you toss them into the drier for a couple of minutes and then you get that fritoes smell and it a gag or get some bean dip situation.

#27 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,257 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Its not so bad Jill 

You put them on and they have this cool damp feeling to them,

so you toss them into the drier for a couple of minutes and then you get that fritoes smell and it a gag or get some bean dip situation.

:puke: 

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#28 Andoo

Andoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • quitdate:
    2018-01-04
  • LocationBangkok, Thailand.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:17 AM

Since I have quit smoking my cars stink really bad. I never realized this until I quit and embarrassed to have anyone in my cars now. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the smell out? 

I can imagine they probably do. Like another poster said, have them cleaned professionally. I am only smoke free 1 week but 2 days ago I stayed in a hotel. The room smelt terrible, like an ashtray. I had to ask for a different room. Definitely the behavior of a non smoker lol

• green meenie and notsmokin'jo like this

#29 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

They still have "smoking rooms" in Thailand?

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

#30 Tiredofit

Tiredofit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-06

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Things must be better now.

bwlede.jpg

Due to my car's engine burning oil and having an exhaust leak, that is what my car looks like.

I do not need to smoke cigarettes, just breathing in that good ol exhaust blue smoke does it for me. Easy way to KTQ

I bought a new car, I had a choice between the sports middle age reward car, and a nerdy looking car, I chose the nerd no regrets.

Could you be more specific? Was it a Toyota or a Honda? (HONDA = Hallmark Of Non Descript Automobile)

"Used shoes.  From a smoke free home."   my thought... ok great, they don't smell like smoke, they smell like old toe-jam.  Just great :D  

I doubt that someone buying used shoes is going to be overly concerned about smoke smell or not. Throw those damn things in the wash if it is THAT big a deal.

HOWEVER...

Keeping on about cars, how come buyers on CL want a car in excellent shape for $1,000 or less?

One time i sold a junker on there and someone asked if it had been smoked in. (Of COURSE not... right). Hmm, you are buying some old beater and want it to not have any funky odors?

#31 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,544 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Could you be more specific? Was it a Toyota or a Honda? (HONDA = Hallmark Of Non Descript Automobile)

I had a choice between between a large lifted up truck, a corvette and I made the smart pick. I bought a Toyota Prius C, a smart chick magnet, only bad thing is the chicks are very smart but not so much chicks, a little more towards cougars I would say   :laughbounce:  :laughbounce:

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users