Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

It's so great to see all these new members joining and taking back their lives :) And whether you post a little, a lot or not at all there is lots of great information here to help you achieve your forever quit. So, read, post, socialize and celebrate your victories and others and I will be rooting you on every step of your way :)

• MissyCat, johnny5, Gigi74 and 10 others like this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#2 Gigi74

Gigi74

Namaste, ya'll!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-24
  • LocationCedar Key with Travis McGhee

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hear, hear! Welcome to the newcomers one and all! Hope you join in because it can make all the difference in the world!

• Jillar, grun and snowywinter like this

1493064001_15_1_USD_7_whitesec.png

30ksjlf.gif

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Aristotle

#3 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,856 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Welcome everyone and it is great to see so many beating this addiction!!

Those of you that quit this time of the year need to be extra, extra, extra, vigilant.

We see so many new quitters with the best of intentions starting their quits this time of the year. Most think they will be fine to carry on their normal life within a couple of weeks or possibly a month, but they are wrong. That is when we see relapses.

People early in their quits will suddenly remember a Halloween party, Thanksgiving, Christmas and then New Years. These holiday's will all be here before you know it and as smoker's we always associated the Holiday season as a time to drink, celebrate and have arguments with family members, all the excuses I have seen over the years that have lead to relapses.

The best thing to do is avoid all these situations where you believe you are too weak in your quit to handle them. You will be so proud of yourself and next holiday season you can celebrate as a confident true non smoker.

Please don't give up and use the old excuse, "I will just wait until after New year's Day to begin my quit!"  Get through it successfully this year and you will have the rest of your life to celebrate all holidays as a happy non smoker.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

animated-merry-christmas-image-0174.gif

#4 cvold

cvold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-16
  • LocationBaraboo, Wisconsin

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Welcome, it is wonderful to meet you guys.
  • Jillar and snowywinter like this
Always remember: you are not going
through this because you quit. You are going through this because you smoked...

Quit smoking; August 16, 2017

#5 johnny5

johnny5

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,430 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-16
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Welcome all new members to QSMB.  Quitting smoking is truly an amazing thing to do.  Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. - Marvitta

I didn't quit smoking to live longer, I did it to live better. - jwg

event.png

2j3342d.jpg

#6 eeyore

eeyore

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,293 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-12-01
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Welcome all new quitters! Obviously quitting smoking can be done! Look at all those on this board who have given up the smokes!

You can achieve this freedom as well! You will find great advice and good people willing to show you the way right here!    :)

event.png2j3342d.jpg             graphics-eeyore-632698.gif               

#7 Mollie1

Mollie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-07
  • LocationSan Francisco Peninsula

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

Agree with all of the above. Joining others on this journey is helping me understand the addiction & helping me to stay quit. By sharing our actual experiences, we can see past all of the excuses & be successful in learning our new life as nonsmokers. Welcome!

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

#8 beazel

beazel

Hiding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:05 AM

graphics-welcome-746374.gif

• snowywinter likes this

2iijyuf.pngYoung Pharte     

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 smileys-waving-606884.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye

Life's too short, don't make it shorter. - Jess 

#9 snowywinter

snowywinter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-21
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

Ty to all the above. It is great to have a place to come to read, share, and learn. How special all of you older quitters are to help all of us just starting our journey. Likes to those mods also.
  • Jillar and green meenie like this

#10 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,179 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

AShIlta.gif

• snowywinter likes this

335706_8924f.gif5ee50fcac6319779e58e358318429128.gif

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#11 Faith

Faith

Non Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-01

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

A big welcome from me 😀

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#12 justanotherone

justanotherone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-06-15

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Welcome!! This community is absolutely great, hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2017

#13 Lovely123

Lovely123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hi, I Am New To This Group, And I Am Very, Very Proud Of Everyone Here And Myself. I've Been Smoke-Free For One Month And 2 Weeks On Monday. It's Been A Very Hard Road Trip For Me, But Getting Better By The Day, May God Bless Us All For Putting Up A Fight That No One Like Us Will Never Be Able To Understand.

Before I Became A Member Today I Would Go On Google And Search These Fourms To Help Me Cope During My Harder Withdrawal Stages, And Really Related To Alit Of Other People I Am Happy I Am Officially A Member Now. I Wanna Thank Everyone So Much Because I Really Feel If It Wasn't For These Forums I Would Had Relapsed A Couple Weeks Ago Thank You So Much!!!!
  • Moominmumma, Jillar, green meenie and 2 others like this

#14 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

We're glad to have you join us Lovely.

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#15 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Welcome lovely and congratulations on a month and a half quit :) I also found this place by googling my symptoms and don't feel I could have done it without this place either.

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#16 Moominmumma

Moominmumma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-11
  • LocationSouth coast, UK

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Welcome Lovely!

Making this my sticky quit since 11.48am gmt Friday 11th August 2017!!! Patches, lozenges, red wine and chocolate are my weapons of choice!
1502447401_25_1_GBP_7_pinksec.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.jpg

#17 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,510 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi, I Am New To This Group, And I Am Very, Very Proud Of Everyone Here And Myself. I've Been Smoke-Free For One Month And 2 Weeks On Monday. It's Been A Very Hard Road Trip For Me, But Getting Better By The Day, May God Bless Us All For Putting Up A Fight That No One Like Us Will Never Be Able To Understand.

Before I Became A Member Today I Would Go On Google And Search These Fourms To Help Me Cope During My Harder Withdrawal Stages, And Really Related To Alit Of Other People I Am Happy I Am Officially A Member Now. I Wanna Thank Everyone So Much Because I Really Feel If It Wasn't For These Forums I Would Had Relapsed A Couple Weeks Ago Thank You So Much!!!!

Welcome Lovely!  It would be great if you would start your own thread here on the Main Board introducing yourself so that everyone will "see" you.  So glad you have joined us!

Nancy

0076.gif

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#18 lab rat

lab rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-31
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

Welcome to all new members and well done on making the momentum decision to reclaim your lives by throwing off the shackles of nicotine.

#19 dawn12

dawn12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

You CAN.
I Am Free!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quit Date: 10/22/07

#20 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Welcome everyone and it is great to see so many beating this addiction!!

Those of you that quit this time of the year need to be extra, extra, extra, vigilant.

We see so many new quitters with the best of intentions starting their quits this time of the year. Most think they will be fine to carry on their normal life within a couple of weeks or possibly a month, but they are wrong. That is when we see relapses.

People early in their quits will suddenly remember a Halloween party, Thanksgiving, Christmas and then New Years. These holiday's will all be here before you know it and as smoker's we always associated the Holiday season as a time to drink, celebrate and have arguments with family members, all the excuses I have seen over the years that have lead to relapses.

The best thing to do is avoid all these situations where you believe you are too weak in your quit to handle them. You will be so proud of yourself and next holiday season you can celebrate as a confident true non smoker.

Please don't give up and use the old excuse, "I will just wait until after New year's Day to begin my quit!"  Get through it successfully this year and you will have the rest of your life to celebrate all holidays as a happy non smoker.

Great words of advice for all of us heading into the first of the holiday festivities for this time of year :)

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users