designsouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-10-02
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Just quit it all and stay quit. You're right about this being an addiction but also realize that while smoking & vaping you have been establishing an association of pleasure (getting your nicotine fix) with a wide variety of life events - happy ones, sad ones, stressful ones and many more. The longest part of quitting is learning how to live again happily without having that cig or vape device hanging from your mouth through future life experiences, You CAN do it, just like many of us have done it. Just don't smoke; ever :)

Well, all people find their way differently. I basically used the vape as a structured transition. I spent a week using the Vape with nicotine, a week using the vape without nicotine, and now I'm on day 3 of using neither, but I think that it really helped me in that first week of no nicotine to have a way to "smoke" without nicotine. Each step for me represented a small victory, and I personally think that it was easier to drop the vape after my hardest days, than it would have been otherwise. Each person is different though, so what may work for me may not work for anyone else.      

#22 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 AM

Congrats on day 9 designsouth, I used my JAC (jillar's air cigarette) for a couple months to help with my cravings and it worked great for me so I guess your non nicotine gape was the same way for you. At any rate, you're doing great so stay vigilant and on your guard :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#23 Mollie1

Mollie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-07
  • LocationSan Francisco Peninsula

Posted Yesterday, 06:03 AM

Congratulations & thanks for sharing. It is important to stay close to this board as one never know which post/quote/slogan will come to mind just when it is needed to resist a craving. As the hours add up to days & then weeks & then months, the quit becomes so very precious; however, those first few weeks, one goes on "blind faith" that (based on what the long-term quitters had said) that it does keep getting better & better. And they are right - it does.

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

#24 DanG

DanG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 AM

You are doing a awesome job designsouth!!!
Im on my first day today, but I quit over 12 years ago and I just remember after that first couple weeks I would come home after work and think WOW I didnt even think about smoking today then it just became normal, so I believe you are on the edge if being toataly free!!! NOPE!!!

#25 DanG

DanG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 AM

You are doing a awesome job designsouth!!!
Im on my first day today, but I quit over 12 years ago and I just remember after that first couple weeks I would come home after work and think WOW I didnt even think about smoking today then it just became normal, so I believe you are on the edge if being toataly free!!! NOPE!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users