• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FrazzledApril

FrazzledApril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Anyone else?  I'm just dragging through my days.  Fatigued, lacking in motivation entirely.  I have a 3 and 6 year old and they have a LOT of energy, so I'm doing my best to "fake it til ya make it" and just push through, but by 7-8 at night I'm just done.  I'm also waking up around 3 -- sometimes I can fall asleep again, couple of times I couldn't.  

I decreased my cigarette smoking and have been trying to switch to that which can't be named as this was what worked for my husband.  So, at this time, I'm down to 3-4 cigarettes per day and this Friday is scheduled to be my last day all together.

I'm not going to be able to stick with Chantix though, if it turns out that's the cause of this fatigue.  I just can't function like this.  Did anyone else have this side-effect?  If so did you find it decreased or was it with you the entire time?

#2 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

I tried Chantix years ago back in 2005 and it made me feel dizzy and sick. I couldn't be like that at my job at the time. After a few days, I stopped using it and started using the patch instead. Chantix affects people differently. I have also heard of people having no effects at all. But that wasn't the case for me. 

• FrazzledApril likes this
image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

#3 FrazzledApril

FrazzledApril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

I used it back in 2004 with no side effects to speak of at all (this is probably my fifth time quitting, second time with Chantix). I’m getting older and smoking is getting more and more stupid, it has to end. I may not be able to lean on my old buddy Chantix this time though.
  • Acer likes this

#4 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

I am getting older as well and smoking is really starting to affect me in a negative way. Problem is, I like to smoke and always will. However, I have to quit and stay quit. If I don't quit, I have a miserable future ahead if one at all. 

#5 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Welcome Frazzled, quitting smoking regardless of the method is going to make you tired more than likely. I likened it to my body needing all my energy to start recovering from all the damage I had put it through by smoking. With two little ones and a hubby isn't it worth it to be fatigued for a while if it means a smoke free mommy and daddy and probably a longer and definitely healthier life? 

• oahusurfer82, Lin-quitting, cvold and 1 other like this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#6 FrazzledApril

FrazzledApril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Definitely worth it, but it’s not just a little tired. It’s more like first trimester pregnancy fatigue 😂

The kind that no matter what you’re doing you literally have to put your head down and close your eyes. This is especially unsafe to do with my 3 year old in my care... he’s into everything as you might imagine 😳

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this. How long it lasted... should I push through with the Chantix or swap to a different method.

#7 FrazzledApril

FrazzledApril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

I am getting older as well and smoking is really starting to affect me in a negative way. Problem is, I like to smoke and always will. However, I have to quit and stay quit. If I don't quit, I have a miserable future ahead if one at all.

I hear ya Acer. I’ve always very much enjoyed smoking. It sucks something that feels so right has to be so wrong 😂
  • Acer likes this

#8 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

If it feels or tastes right, its bad for you. That seems like the case with everything I enjoy doing. lol

• FrazzledApril likes this

#9 FrazzledApril

FrazzledApril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

This is also how I feel about Fried Chicken.  LOL

• Acer likes this

#10 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

I tried Chantix a few years ago and don't remember being that tired. Maybe a dr. visit to get your questions answered?

• Acer likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#11 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,373 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

I am getting older as well and smoking is really starting to affect me in a negative way. Problem is, I like to smoke and always will. However, I have to quit and stay quit. If I don't quit, I have a miserable future ahead if one at all. 

I hear ya Acer. I’ve always very much enjoyed smoking. It sucks something that feels so right has to be so wrong

Please remember you enjoyed smoking because it relieved the withdrawal symptoms.  Aside from poisoning you, that is all it does.  Please find a way to get excited about your quits, give yourself rewards.  Otherwise, you are doomed to be miserable for a long time. 

I quit using Chantix.  I did not have extreme fatigue...and any of the side effects I had (except nausea if I took it without food) I have also heard from quitters who stopped cold turkey or used NRT.  Quitting is not fun, but it is the smartest gift you can give yourself and your loved ones.  You can do this, and you will be very glad you did!!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#12 abollmeyer

abollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

I've used Chantix in the past, I don't remember being exhausted like that (just some really awesome dreams). However, 5 days into my current quit, I can feel your pain. I too lack motivation, but am trying to fight through it. Keep at it!

There's no going back now. Smoke-free since 10/6/17.

-Adam
image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2017

#13 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

Welcome to you new members.

I quit with Chantix but did not have the terrible fatigue symptoms. The stuff affects everyone differently however. Quits are very different for everyone. There is no one size fits all method. I hope for you to find a method that works for you though April - whatever symptoms you have they are not nearly as bad as continuing to poison yourself with smoking will be.

Please re-read Nancy's post above. We all thought we enjoyed smoking so much, but it was only the addiction talking, we only "enjoyed" it because it relieved our withdrawal symptoms. There is no way we actually would "enjoy" a habit so gross, so filthy and stinky, so expensive, so poisonous. Please get to reading in our Newbie Package above which will help you to understand this. It's important.

I hope you both stick around and continue posting. This place has saved my life, I know it can help you too.

• Jillar likes this

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#14 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

I think my posts were misunderstood. 

#15 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,508 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

I think my posts were misunderstood. 

We all thought we loved smoking when we first quit.

We just want you to understand that there will be a time you will look back and realize your "love" wasn't really love at all, but your addicted brain telling you that. When that time comes you will realize you really hated smoking and there was absolutely no enjoyment from it. 

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#16 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

I guess when I think about it a bit you guys are right. I didn't really look at it that way. 

• avian3, Jillar and Lin-quitting like this

#17 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,508 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

I still remember some of my love smoking thoughts.

First cup of coffee

While chatting with friends on the phone

Work breaks

Long  drives

At the beach

After a long work out at the gym

After a hike in the mountains

After grocery shopping

After a long day at work

After a home project well done

Especially after a big delicious meal

And drinking.. I loved smoking so much while I drank that I would double the amount I smoked

NOT!! Smoking was a ball and chain that was with me everywhere I went and I am so glad to be free of all the time I wasted puffing away on that cancer stick!!

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#18 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:12 AM

Acer, we all felt the same way before - and during our early times - quitting. In fact, I feel fairly safe proposing two facts about new quitters: (and this definitely describes me in my early days!)

(1) I love smoking. People simply can't understand how hard it will be for me to quit because I truly and absolutely LOVE smoking. I just enjoy it so much.

(2) I am obviously more addicted than other people. Therefore it will be harder for me to quit because I am so addicted to it. My body just won't be able to adapt to a life without it. It's harder for me than it is for everyone else.

That's how we all felt. And that's only because we were all addicts and junkies. It's just junkie thinking. Once you do some reading and researching and educating yourself about the addiction you will see that.....and see how dangerous it is to your success to think about how much you "enjoy" smoking. You don't, really - it's just the addiction making you think so.

The good news is that with some judicious mind control you can get past this junkie thinking and hit your stride living the NOPE life we are all living here. You have been a slave, and I'm here to tell you that being free of the slavery feels awesome! You can do this.

• Nancy., Jillar and Acer like this

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#19 Acer

Acer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:26 AM

It seems I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the replies everyone. :) 

• Nancy., Jillar and Lin-quitting like this

#20 mka

mka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

I'm using Champix just as required. It's good. I have noticed tiredness today. It could be temporary - I had quite bad nausea the first couple times but not yesterday, and I'd had a few over the day.(I wouldn't recommend this it can really hurt your head and make you crazy and emotional) I think that switch will help at the start but be careful with it if there's any potentially stressful life situations coming up for you, that set off a really intense craving for an hour or two for me because I was stressed with moving house the next day.

I stopped on the 1st but have had two times since where I smoked, the last being 2 days ago so I've made the withdrawal drawn out and worse for myself. I'm so glad I didn't smoke yesterday, I was imagining walking to the shop but had to finish hoovering and the feeling passed. It's really helped to read others' experiences and now write this, I was having cravings but it's took my mind off it and it's away for the moment. Plus it reinforces being a non smoker. I'm honestly worried about it being Friday 13th tomorrow. I'll be keeping my guard up and maybe use some Champix. Saying that it's a cool day to quit, unusual as it is. Good luck and to everyone else as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users