justanotherone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-06-15

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Hey everyone! Just checking in to tell you guys how things have been going.

In resume: I'm teaching my subconscious mind that cigarettes won't improve the way people see me. I won't look more confident, or smarter, or cooler. People won't take me more seriously or respect me more or anything like that. A cigarette is only a cigarette - and smoking will only make you look like a regular person, just a regular person who's also a smoker. Nothing special.

And in this new phase of my quit I'm getting more conscious about other choices concerning how I deal with setbacks and annoyances. I can't reward myself forever for everything. I can't have chocolate and wine everyday to celebrate or to forget every kind of situation. Having feelings and being unable to dull them every fifteen minutes sure is hard, and finding balance in life is also almost impossible, but our mind and our emotions are what makes us human, getting rid of that is simply not right :)

Also, I'll address those newbies who are afraid of the depression some have when quitting: saying "no" feels VERY good. Being proud of yourself at the end of the day is priceless. Looking at your ticker and feeling good about your self control and willpower is incredible. When the worst is over and you realized you haven't puffed even once... you feel very powerful, believe me. It's worth it.

• marciem, Gigi74, Moominmumma and 4 others like this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2017

#2 beazel

beazel

SugarFree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,413 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

You doing great, especially with your mindset.

So happy for you!! smileys-happy-794419.gif

• justanotherone likes this

2iijyuf.pngTweenie      

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 smileys-waving-606884.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye

Life's too short, don't make it shorter. - Jess                                                             

#3 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

That's a wonderful and hopeful post for us Justan. Keep running with that excellent attitude you have.....I can already see the lifetime sticky quit in your future!

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#4 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Great post justanotherone, I agree there's nothing better than the pride you feel for having stayed quit another day. Such a boost to your self esteem as well :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users