• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gambs

Gambs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:36 PM

Ugh, started week 3 of quitting cold turkey 2 days ago and I'm soo not a nice person!! Oddly enough week 1 really wasn't bad for me. I've been trying to quit on & off for about 5 years now. Trying the patch, gum, e cigs & cold turkey. Everything but cold turkey gave me side effects that I can't tolerate. Usually the 1 st week is the toughest, not sure what's going on but if I could run away from me I'd run far & fast lol. I'm really having to continuously hold myself back from jumping in my car & going to get my "I'll only have 1 cig" pack which of course leads to more so I'm not falling for it this time lol. So thought I'd search out info online about the 3rd week craziness and found my way here. Nice to have a place to vent where others get it 😊
  • Frank likes this

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

Welcome gambs, congrats on being what we call around here wtf week, everything you are experiencing is completely normal and we all get it so feel free to post and vent as much as you need/want here :)
These sub forums don't get as many views as the main board so maybe post a thread there and introduce yourself, I know there's a bunch of great people who would also like to welcome you :)
  • Gambs likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 Gambs

Gambs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

Thank you so much Jillar!! 😊 Feeling lucky to have found you guys ❤️
  • Jillar likes this

#4 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

Welcome Gambs.....and yep, we get it! :smile:

This QSMB has been the deciding factor in my quit, so I truly think we can help you too. Start reading everything you can on here, as education about the addiction is essential toward having success. But you can have success this time, with the proper mindset and information and support! (all of which are found here, of course!) Once you start reading postings you will see all the people on here winning the battle one day at a time.

I look forward to following your journey as you become a nonsmoker.

• Jillar and Gambs like this

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#5 Gambs

Gambs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Thanks so much Lin, feeling a bit better already knowing this and you guys are here. Here's to winning this battle once & for all!!
  • Jillar and Lin-quitting like this

#6 beazel

beazel

Spaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,580 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

Hi Gambs & welcome!

Come & vent anytime...it just might help!!

Glad you found us.

• Gambs likes this

2iijyuf.pngTweenie      

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 smileys-waving-606884.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye                                                              

#7 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

Hi Gambs, welcome to QSMB. Glad you found us, this place will make the difference in making it or not. Stick around, read, learn and participate.

Cold turkey is the best way to quit IMHO,  three or four months you will feel comfortable with your quit, then you can roast it gobbler and eat it.

• Gambs likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#8 Gambs

Gambs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

LOL @ Frank, I'm looking forward to firing up the roaster!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users