Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,981 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

Your quit begins the moment you put out that last cigarette :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,004 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

If you are continuing to vape nicotine, I would say after you stop vaping. If you are using the patches, after your last cigarette. Vaping is not quitting, it is only substituting.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#4 putnaminn

putnaminn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-24
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

I would think it is the moment you smoke your last cigarette. Everyone's quit is the same but different, as in, we all quit putting a cigarette to our mouths, we didn't lite it and we didn't inhale it.

Everyone of us has a different method of quitting, whether it is by using, Chantix, patches, gum or any other NRT. I used Chantix and chose the flexible method which was picking a quit date between 8 and 35 days, I quit on the 19th day and most or I should say many quit on the 8th day. I got rid of the rest of my cigarettes ( 6 pks ) as well as my e-cigs, anything that had to do with smoking.  I wanted to rid myself of anything associated with smoking, anything that resembled smoking, but each to their own. 

You have to do what is right for you.  I do have a question, from one Chantix quitter to another. When taking Chantix theory is that Chantix blocks the nicotine from your brain. If that is so, how can vaping be giving you any satisfaction ? I know that it is in our best interest to break the habit of this addiction as well as the motions we go through to perform it. I have also known people that have quit smoking using the vaping method. They are still addicted to the very thing we are trying to get rid of, the addiction to the habit .

Please consider trying to quit with just the Chantix and forget about those 2 or 3 puffs 5 times a day, I know you can do this. We are here to help you no matter what method you decide to take. Continue on your journey your way. :)

• Jillar and josan333 like this
event.png
image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

#5 putnaminn

putnaminn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-24
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Is it when I actually stop smoking cigarettes, or nicotine altogether?  TIA

ABQ, when you are posting things, please remember to post on the QUIT SMOKING MAIN BOARD , you will get more responses to your questions. If it needs to be moved then Avian or Nancy will move it.  You'll get the hang of it once you are on this forum longer. I'm sure that is why you haven't got many responses as it is in the Chantix section.  Just a little FYI for you. :)

• Jillar likes this
event.png
image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users