Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Our pool equipment has been acting up lately and, while I had a call in to the pool guy (because I know nothing about repairing pool pumps), I didn't want to leave the pump turned off for a few days waiting for him to come out, so I decided to dive right in (pardon the pun) and see if I could fix it myself.

Well thanks to youtube, I was able to figure out the issue, and get everything fixed and back up and running in about 2.5 hours. What's cool is that it would have taken me 30 minutes longer if I still smoked because I'd have taken so many breaks to puff away.

I also replaced all the guts in our master bedroom toilet. I probably would have taken a smoke break halfway through that as well.

So at the end of the day, I was able to use the toilet in the master bath and then head out to the pool and float around in crystal clear water. :)

I even had a beer and didn't crave a smoke at all.

That is all.

• Catlover, Gigi74, oahusurfer82 and 12 others like this

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

"We don’t slip into our greatest achievements. We commit and then make them happen."

#2 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

Super work Jim. And it's always good to hear that your quit is going well.

I keep finding that I'm more likely these days to get up off my *** and get stuff done than I did as a smoker. It doesn't seem to be a case of having more energy or time or anything.....I can't really pinpoint the reason. But I procrastinate a lot less than I used to. Another unexpected benefit.

• Edna_Clouds, Jillar, Catrina and 2 others like this

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#3 jordan7

jordan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-25

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Great job, Jim, I'm impressed!  I still procrastinate at a championship level. Sigh.

• Jillar and JimHannoonen like this

#4 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

Great job, Jim, I'm impressed!  I still procrastinate at a championship level. Sigh.

This is me too. Happy that you're so motivated to get er done Jim :) And you're saving yourself a bunch of money on repairmen, win, win!

• Catrina likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#5 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

very good Jim, I do love U tube for find info on how to do things. How did the bike care class go ?

c7a7513d68.png
1488429001_5_1_USD_8_whitesec.png

#6 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

very good Jim, I do love U tube for find info on how to do things. How did the bike care class go ?

It went really well. :)

30ksjlf.gif

"We don’t slip into our greatest achievements. We commit and then make them happen."

#7 Catlover

Catlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

Well done Jim, and I agree Youtube is great. My hubby go's there first when he wants to fix something, and we have saved loads  of £££s on home repair from the tutorials :smile: 

Been a really hot day here in the UK, that pool of yours sure sounds good ... sooo jealous  :mrgreen: .....Enjoy :grin:    

• Edna_Clouds and JimHannoonen like this

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#8 Niecie78

Niecie78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-08

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

Way to go!

Never give up🌸🌼🌻🌵🌄2017-02-08<p>

30ksjlf.jpg

image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2017

#9 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

Been a really hot day here in the UK, that pool of yours sure sounds good ... sooo jealous  :mrgreen: .....Enjoy :grin:    

It's 10:30 in the morning and it's already 97 degrees here. It's supposed to get up to 110. Later.

We're going to be in London in 2 weeks. I'll take your hot over our hot any day. ;)

• Catlover and Jillar like this

30ksjlf.gif

#10 radiomisty

radiomisty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-06-10
  • LocationWherever I am at the moment

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

it blows my mind how much time  a day was wasted.  I literally sleep 40 minutes longer in the morning now because I can. And I still sit and sip a cup of coffee.  Never realized how much smoking controlled our lives. 

• Gigi74, Edna_Clouds, Jillar and 2 others like this
image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017       

#11 Kazza

Kazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-01
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Well done Jim, I totally get that we get so much more done without stopping to "think" about the job in hand and just get on with it!

BTW....your heat is way better than ours.... London at 32 degrees is grossly unpleasant!

Mind you by the time you come over here the weather will probably be back to normal and 21 degrees haha - enjoy London!

• Edna_Clouds and JimHannoonen like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2016

#12 putnaminn

putnaminn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-24
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

I hear you. I always was saying, " One more smoke" then I will get busy. Everything I did was with one more smoke. It controlled my life. It still does to a certain degree. It is getting better.

Look at you, your a regular handy man. U Tube and you rock. :)

• Edna_Clouds, Maureen and justanotherone like this
event.png
image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

#13 Maureen

Maureen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

Way to go, Jim, and I LOVE your 1st world problems. Hahaha. I couldn't send out my silk bedding to be cleaned, but I had the time to do it myself!

• Catrina and JimHannoonen like this

Quit Date: July 27, 2017               

#14 Catlover

Catlover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

It's 10:30 in the morning and it's already 97 degrees here. It's supposed to get up to 110. Later.

We're going to be in London in 2 weeks. I'll take your hot over our hot any day. ;)

:laughbounce:  Oh my ...that IS hot Jim.......... yeah we're not used to it being that hot in the UK, we have all been moaning about the heat today haha.

We were in Cambodia 2 years ago, and after breakfast as we came out of our hotel room with air con, and stepped outside... we could feel the sweat running down our brow , by the time we got to the temples at Angkor Watt we were soaked. I remember some of the guides at the temples had long sleeved buttoned up shirts on, they were laughing at us, and saying it was just warm!!!   yep us brits just not used to it. I think it was 36 degrees at   the temples, and I was drinking my weight in water haha.

Yes London will be a bit cooler.

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users