6 replies to this topic

#1 MrsMelanie

MrsMelanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

To all the guys who are fighting the good fight on quitting, I'm proud of you!

Happy Fathers day! :smile:

• avian3, Gigi74, Jillar and 2 others like this

event.png

#2 garrym

garrym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-13
  • Locationphoenix, az

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

Thank you MrsMelenie. Just got off the phone with my little girl ( well she`s not little anymore, 48 years old ) and I remember how happy she was that I had finally quit. It is folks like you that make this board a special place for us all. Thanks again.

• Jillar likes this

#3 avian3

avian3

Mellow Yellow

• Administrators
  • 14,918 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Yes, to all you dad's, hope you had or are having a great Father's Day!!  :)

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#4 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Happy Fathers Day, for a lot of you dad's it's your first smoke free :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#5 MInnMuldoon

MInnMuldoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-01
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

Yes, happy Father's Day to all the fathers here! What a great treat for your kids.

Somewhat related, as we are just leaving from visiting with my parents today... my father is 87, never smoked..

We never discuss smoking... but today he started a question to me as" don't be mad at me, but I have to ask if you still smoke"we had been discussing health and retirement prior to that... wonderful almost a year later to say I had quit.. mom gave me a hug ... and my dad asked if it would have helped me quit earlier if they had lectured, brought it up... I don't think so at all.. my mom's first response was that it must have been tiring to need to sneak off and try to hide something ( that never was hidden anyway)

Anywho -- didn't mean to change the topic on this thread.. so again, Happy Father's Day, all!
  • jordan7 and Jillar like this
f733b6bda3.png
1467356401_20_1_USD_10_whitesec.png

#6 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

What a gift you gave your dad (and mom) today Minn :)
  • MInnMuldoon likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#7 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

Didn't even no it was Fathers Day, till late morning, still had the wifes Yukon to complete repairs on.  But ended with a nice steak dinner with my Son and his Family.   I am really pushing this atkins diet,  Meat meat and more meat this week, I am sure I will loss some weight once it all clears the Bowels,  and great news we just got a new super comfy toilet seat.    yes sir a fine Father Day

• Jillar likes this
:roll:  RESPECT ME AND I'LL RESPECT YOU :roll:
eb54ep.jpg

c7a7513d68.png

1488429001_5_1_USD_8_whitesec.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users