Photo

Officially 1 year Nicotine Free (yesterday)

depression adhd anxiety free

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 jordan7

jordan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-25

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

Congratulations on one year down, 4Vaska, you made it look easy, even when it was anything but.   Enjoy your well-earned success. 

• 4Vaska likes this

#22 4Vaska

4Vaska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-12
  • LocationCalgary and Yellowknife

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Why on earth would you want to play +/- as a newbie still?! You earned your old pharte title so take the privileges that go with it girl, lol.

Because I'm still a newbie at heart? :P plus it's somewhat fun to aggravate Eeyore some days. ;)

"For me smoking is a form of controlled self harm that took months of therapy to uncover the reasons for it. Now that I've worked through some of the psychological reasons, it's easier to maintain the quit. Find out your "why", and work on it. Even if you relapse, love yourself, and work on quit again. And reward yourself. Every day that you don't smoke deserves a reward."

Thank you for saying this. It is so so important to a healthy quit to not just understand how to stop what we're doing, but to understand why we did it in the first place. Treating the disease instead of just taking care of the symptoms. Congrats, and a great post. :)

I'm touched you think it's such a great post. There are as many reasons for smoking as there are smokers, really. Some started to fit it, some to look adult and cool, some because their parents/grandparents smoke, and some because it is how they dealt with trauma.

Not many people are willing to talk about past trauma leading to their smoking habit. Perhaps because of shame, or stigma. Perhaps in a way I hope it can prove to some others who are dealing with past pain the way I did (smoking) that there is a way out! But you need to reach the stage where "I want to live" > "I want to harm myself"

At least that's what it was like for me.

Congratulations once again 4Vaska! Wonderful post :)

Hey Hope! :) Thanks! Miss you!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing - Such good advice.

Thanks! :) you, too, will get here. It's a nice view.

• Hope2Nope and Mollie1 like this

1463043600_5_1_USD_5.00_default.png

#23 4Vaska

4Vaska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-12
  • LocationCalgary and Yellowknife

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Very well done.  You should be rightfully very proud of yourself. :smile:

Thanks! :) It feels real good to say "I had nothing to do with Nicotine for a year now"

Congratulations on the big one , my friend!

Going somewhere? Space station or a one way ticket to Mars?

Hahahahaa! Not really. More like considering a new career path. Equally scary. 

Congratulations on one year down, 4Vaska, you made it look easy, even when it was anything but.   Enjoy your well-earned success. 

:) thanks :) no, it wasn't easy, but it was DOABLE!!

I don't wanna have to go through it again tough. So this quit is for keeps.

1463043600_5_1_USD_5.00_default.png

#24 giveintowin

giveintowin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Congrats 4Vaska. This is awesome.

Quit date Thursday 24th October. 2017, 10.10am AEDT.

It is a relief to not be killing myself slowly. Every day I don't smoke I am getting stronger.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, adhd, anxiety, free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users