Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-07
  • LocationSan Francisco Peninsula

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

Can someone tell me how to embed a YouTube video clip into a Post? I can "copy & paste" the URL to the clip; but was hoping to actually show the "clip" with the play arrow to make it more visual for other members. I have seen other members do this; but guess I am not as tech savvy. Trying to reduce my frustration levels so it is easier to ask for help than pulling my hair out. Thanks.

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

#2 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,637 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

click on the "Special BBCode" button (3rd from the left of the edit box toolbar), choose media in the BBCode selection list, paste video URL in the "Media URL" box.

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#3 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,441 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

I just copy the address in the top address bar, not those that show below the video.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#4 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,095 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

I just copy the address in the top address bar, not those that show below the video.

Yah, exactly what Nancy says.  Do NOT right click on the video to bring up a menu, either.  The address you need is in your browser address bar, select/copy/paste that directly into a post and TADA! when you hit "Post" the actual video will show.

• Nancy. likes this
Quit Date 9/20/12
Posted Image
Posted Image
Honorary member of: Posted Image

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#5 Mollie1

Mollie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-07
  • LocationSan Francisco Peninsula

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

Thanks - will give it a try this evening.

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

#6 Rozuki

Rozuki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-10
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Just testing...I did as Nancy said re: cut/paste the address of video from the address bar... enjoy! 

I am still having a bit of a problem trying to post images/gifs though...what am i doing wrong? :-?  

image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

Don't romance the cigarette. It's all a "pack of lies". ~ IQuit88

#7 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,728 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

For online gifs and images I use Google images then right click when I find one, copy and paste. Some images don't allow for copying so I just choose another. I can't post them from my kindle though, only from my computer. Which is weird because I can post videos. Oh and for personal pics I use tinypic.com. some use photobucket :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#8 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,095 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Just testing...I did as Nancy said re: cut/paste the address of video from the address bar... enjoy! 

I am still having a bit of a problem trying to post images/gifs though...what am i doing wrong? :-?  

for jpeg and gif, you need to copy the URL that ends in .jpg or .gif, then come here and choose the image icon, wihch is on the second row of your message box icons, it looks like a portrait of a tree to me, if you hover over each one the name of it will show, and this one says "image"... click on that, and a box will pop up that you can paste your url into.

Quit Date 9/20/12
Posted Image
Posted Image
Honorary member of: Posted Image

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#9 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,710 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

:)

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video

0 user(s) are reading this topic