Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-15
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys. I've come to Scotland for a three day mountain biking/wedding party: the weather's amazing, there's a lot of sitting outdoors/boozing.. i've been sitting here for 30min telling myself it's ok to smoke for two days and then quit again. This is the strongest crave since my quit. Go awaaaaaaayyyyyg!!!

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

#2 G67

G67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-06
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Don't give in! Stay strong Birdie!

1465254001_15_1_USD_7_bluesec.png

#3 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,239 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

It is not only not okay, it is not possible to smoke for just two days.  If it were, wouldn't everybody do it, instead of quitting all together? Do you seriously want to have to come here, tell us you smoked, and reset that beautiful over a month ticker?  Smoking will not increase your enjoyment of your trip.  It will make you feel guilty and like a huge failure.  And you will stink!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#4 Maureen

Maureen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Please don't throw away a quit you've worked so very hard for. The feelings you are having is the addiction talking.

Smoking does not give you anything. You think it would be nice, but you would probably just choke on it at this point. Please do anything but light up.

So glad you posted and SOS. Please, don't smoke.

• MissyCat, Lust4Life and Electrick2 like this

Quit Date: July 27, 2017               

#5 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

One smoke might seem ok, but what about all the ones to follow, birdie?  They won't go away, they'll be there waiting for you.

You've got over a month of very hard work under your belt, do you really think you want to toss that away and start over?  Believe me when I say it is way easier to push that craving/trigger to the curb and hold tight to the quit you have going, than it would be to start a new one.  You've done the hardest part, I know this isn't easy either, but if you look back it is way easier than Hell Week and Heck week, which you will certainly revisit if you smoke.

So stick around, talk it thru, then go back to enjoying yourself.  Limit the booze, that's important.

• Gigi74, hangoversquare, Lust4Life and 2 others like this
Quit Date 9/20/12
Posted Image
Posted Image
Honorary member of: Posted Image

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17

#6 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

Throw away a month quit?!!! Birdie, NO. You do not want to do this.

Why did you decide to quit in the first place? Are those reasons still valid and true? Yes? Do you want to have to go through the hell of the first few weeks of quitting again? No?

You have proved to yourself day after day for the last 35 days that you are strong, you are stronger than the addiction. You are still strong today. Get mad and kick the addiction's ass Birdie!

• MissyCat and Lust4Life like this

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#7 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

No! You will rekindle all the addiction embers we're trying to smother out of our minds! There is a bumped thread today titled "My relapse.." I'm trying to post the link. READ IT! DO NOT SMOKE!!! You can do this!!!
https://www.quitsmok...e/#entry1220604

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

#8 Maureen

Maureen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

And if you smoke now, who knows when you'll quit again?? 

• Catlover likes this

#9 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,707 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi birdiepooh, hopefully the urge has passed for you if not you can always try what I and several others here did/do, smoke a JAC! A jillars air cigarette will give you a clean refreshing hit with each drag. Simply pretend your holding an actual cigarette and then go through the motions of smoking it. Take deep drags too. Who knows you may just start a new trend :)
  • Maureen likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#10 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,239 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

And go take the daily pledge RIGHT NOW!!!!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#11 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Birdie:  One Month !!  OK this is in your head, find some candy  (chocolate)  let it melt in your mouth.  get some Hard candy caramels something you can keep in your pocket to suck on.    this will help

OK you have a smart phone with you? goggle Baby goats and watch some of the antics they can get into

Laugh hard and loud show someone else and laugh with them.  find some good jokes to tell,  Laughter will help you

:roll:  RESPECT ME AND I'LL RESPECT YOU :roll:
eb54ep.jpg

c7a7513d68.png

1488429001_5_1_USD_8_whitesec.png

#12 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Hey guys. I've come to Scotland for a three day mountain biking/wedding party: the weather's amazing, there's a lot of sitting outdoors/boozing.. i've been sitting here for 30min telling myself it's ok to smoke for two days and then quit again. This is the strongest crave since my quit. Go awaaaaaaayyyyyg!!!

There is no such a thing as smoke one, or for a day, of for a couple of days. If you do, you are in for several years more if not for the rest of your life. A cigarette is not going to change your trip in a positive way at all, we know it, you know it.   A poor decision at this point will represent tremendous consequences for the rest of your life, decide what is best for you and family.

All the best your way !

• hangoversquare, beazel and Maureen like this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#13 jordan7

jordan7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,520 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-25

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Noooooo, birdiepooh, don't do it.   I used to tell myself the same thing almost every Friday afternoon.  I would give myself permission to stop for cigs on the way home, thinking that I would smoke for 2 days and quit again the following Monday.  Maybe it was because I had (my own) permission do it if I chose, that I was able to resist the very strong cravings and not go buy cigarettes.  This is a rather long-winded way of saying that it sometimes helps to remember that this is always your choice -- there will always be cigarettes available somewhere nearby, and there will always be the temptation to buy them if that is what you really want.  But you already know that's not what you really want, so you just have to plow through these tempting situations and build on the success of getting through each one unscathed, with your lovely quit intact.  Think how proud you'll be at the end of the weekend.

• Gigi74, Jillar and Lust4Life like this

1424928600_30_1_USD_6_default.png

#14 Nina the Quitter

Nina the Quitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-03
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Hang in there birdipooh, you can make it though this, go take a nap, or a long walk by yourself and think of all the reasons you wanted to quit.

c927346466.png

image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.jpg

Never smokers take not smoking for granted, we quitters know the real value of being a nonsmoker.

#15 hangoversquare

hangoversquare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-15

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

I hope it's not too late, but: every week there's a friday, a weekend, nice weather, a trip, a barbecue or something like that. So with the attitude you have right now, you'll never quit, because it's easy to find an excuse to smoke. But a human being is unique in a way that he always has a choice. It's your choice whether you choose slavery or freedom, disease or health, less money or extra money, rotten teeth or shiny white teeth, bad breath or pleasant scent. I hope that you make a right choice.

• marciem, robrr44, jordan7 and 3 others like this

1465990201_20_1_EUR_3_blacksec.png

#16 robrr44

robrr44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationHanover, PA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

DON'T DO IT!!!

30ksjlf.jpg30ksjlf.jpgQuit Date: 4/23/17

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.jpg

#17 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

no birdie, don't throw away this beautiful, hard-earned quit!!! 

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#18 beazel

beazel

Needy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-14
  • LocationPandora

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

Commit to the quit.......that's what you want...or you wouldn't of posted an SOS.

We know it's hard.

Do Not Smoke...you can still have a good time...this is an opportunity for another first...1st mountain biking/wedding party/amazing weather/3 day fun trip!!!!!!

Please post & let us know how you are doing!!!!!!

• jordan7 and Jillar like this

2iijyuf.pngTweenie      

QSMB - "The Wind Beneath My Wings"

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017 smileys-waving-606884.gif

on the other side of fear lies freedom

In the world of addiction, we leave "normal" behind.  - Mike Piano  

Would be a shame for a second's weakness to undo all this hard work. - sgraye                                                              

#19 Maureen

Maureen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

"Please post & let us know how you are doing!!!!!!"  beazel

#20 jimmy

jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,744 posts
  • quitdate:
    3/3/13
  • Locationcleburne texas

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

birdie don't do it I know from my own mistske in the 80s all it takes is 1 to be right to smoking comitt to nope you can do this hang in there

1. free-cool-smileys-268.gifc07cb18bad.pngz5vdtexo8.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users