• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Asensibaugh87

Asensibaugh87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

I have just started chantix today and so far no bad side effects. My question is when does the sode effects start kicking in if they will? I have read alot of forums and they talk about them but not when they started kicking in. Appreciate your help and cany wait to call myself a non smoker.

#2 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,273 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

The only side effects I had from Chantix were nausea if I did not take it with food, and vivid dreams.  Please do not over think the side effects unless you have them.  Concentrate and celebrate your upcoming life as a non-smoker!  So excited for you, and welcome to the board!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#3 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

Welcome Asen, I agree with Nancy not to focus on the side effects. I only had vivid dreams that I loved! Never got nausea because like Nancy I ate a little something before taking it. I did get really irritable and was hating on my hubby so I quit taking it but I'm still not sure if it was the chantix don't lol.
Use this time before your quit date to change up your routine. If you smoked in the car, stop. Same with wherever else you smoked. This will help you disassociate smoking with these places.
Also, why don't you introduce yourself on the main board? I know a lot of people would love to say hi and these sub forums don't get as many views :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#4 Asensibaugh87

Asensibaugh87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:04 AM

Thank you. I just worry about the rage more than anything as i work for an at risk youth school as security and requires a redicilous amount of patience lol. My sister took it and never had any so im hoping im the same as im not generally sensitive to meds. My biggest smoke time was in the car but i got a new car 2 weeks ago and have not and wont smoke in it as i want it to stay fresh. I have began to change my triggers already to help in my progress. I appreciate any ones support in this adventure. Thanks again and i will definently go to the main boards.

#5 Asensibaugh87

Asensibaugh87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

I also hope that me only smoking for 5 yrs will help make it easier for me a little bit

#6 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:12 AM

It totally will make it easier for you. Plus having only smoked five years, you'll probably easily recover from any damage done from smoking. Congrats again :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#7 B.alyssa

B.alyssa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

I'm on day 12, no real side effects to speak of. I also always make sure I eat before I take it. Don't overthink the side effects, if they happen they happen, if not be glad.

#8 Asensibaugh87

Asensibaugh87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

I'm on day 12, no real side effects to speak of. I also always make sure I eat before I take it. Don't overthink the side effects, if they happen they happen, if not be glad.

Thanks. I hope i dont im on day 4 now the only side effects i seem to be having is trouble sleeping but not really anything else but i am still on .5 and today will ne my first night dose. Hope it stsys like this. Im down to 3 a day right now. So soon i cant wait

#9 Wayne045

Wayne045

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationVA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

The only side effects I experience are the vivid dreams.   They weren't nightmares, so don't get too hung up on it.   You'll be glad when you starting reaching 1 week, 1 month, 1 year etc. smoke free

• Jillar likes this

1464516001_12_1_EUR_4_bluesec.png

#10 Mrspackham

Mrspackham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHartlepool UK

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

I'm on day 9, I have had the dreams sickness not so bad, for me it's tiredness during the day, like my eyes get real heavy and I need to sleep. Then on a night I am waking up 4-6 times and not sleeping so well.

I can't complain tho, it isn't going to last forever :)

Quit Date 29th May 2017  :wink: 

#11 Yankeefan1980

Yankeefan1980

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-24

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

How do I start? The first pack of chantix I took was great. I really didn't set a date to quit. I let my mind make that decision. It was two weeks in when I didn't need a smoke. I finished my first pack and started the next pack. The first pack side effects for me was the following.

Little mood swings and dreams that I traveled the world. I gained 10 pounds. Lol.

The second pack was the icing on the cake. I went into a depression bad. I noticed it before I made it two weeks into the second pack. I am still not smoking and it's been a month and three weeks. If you feel like you need help and you also feel like your numb inside. Get help and stop taking chantix.

You got this! Also drink plenty of water.

Good luck you can do it.
  • josan333 likes this

#12 Mrspackham

Mrspackham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHartlepool UK

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

I am on day 9 of my 2nd pack and it is a lot easier now.

If I remember to have breakfast I don't feel sick

My sleeping is better

I am a little ratty sometimes withdrawn and quiet however that is probably due to not smoking rather than the champix.

I am today 9 days a none smoker and I feel great!!

Quit Date 29th May 2017  :wink: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users