• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JustJustin

JustJustin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'm new here on this message board. I've been smoke free for 52 days now, and off the Champix for 21days now. I'm having what I believe to be the withdrawals of Champix. I'm depressed randomly, over emotional at almost everything, I want to run away and cry a lot of the time, I've also had a few panic attacks. I'm starting to feel a little more in control of myself everyday. I have also had a few moments of cravings but have managed to stay away from the smokes, also having great friends around you that support you helps. I've been keeping open communication with everyone around me just to help the situation when or if I feel the rage coming. I just want to share and talk about it.

Thanks,

Justin :wink:

• Quirky likes this

#2 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

Welcome to the board, Justin!  Many quitters go through the symptoms you describe, whether or not they used Champix.  Glad to hear it is getting better, though!  You will find lots of support, here.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#3 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

In the end, no matter what method you choose to use while quitting, you're going to experience some really challenging issues while your mind adjusts to being a non-smoker. This is unavoidable and there's no magic pill to allow you to avoid it. It just  takes the passage of time and a little creative thinking on your part in order to manage your emotions while you are going through this adjustment. Look at it as a challenge and embrace it then, celebrate when you conquer it!

• Stzr500 likes this

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

#4 Stzr500

Stzr500

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

Oh so true green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1487968201_1_20_USD_8_blacksec.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users