6 replies to this topic

#1 JKRock

JKRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

I was on Chantix for three weeks and started experiencing dizziness, feeling disoriented & a little down. I was very concerned, especially when driving, and thought cutting the dosage would help... to no avail. I also felt unmotivated to do anything. While being on Chantix I went from almost a pack a day to 3 cigs per day.....I was so pleased.

I did try again with the Chantix, just doing 1 per day, but the same symptoms returned. I now have the patch but don't have the drive or motivation and I'm so very disappointed in myself. I want to feel the excitement I first experienced when I realized how close I was to stopping.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate your words. I'm totally exhausted as it's constantly on my mind.
I'm willing to give Chantix another try with any ideas from you to battle the side effects.

Thanks so much for any help.
Judy

#2 green meenie

green meenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-01-29
  • LocationMommy's Basement

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:31 AM

I don't have experience with Chantix. I did use a Nicotine patch for the first day after I decided to quit then forgot to put another one on the next day. I figured I was going to have to get off the patch sooner or later so I decided to just go cold turkey at that point. It hasn't been easy but I'm still not smoking and it's been long enough now that I have no nicotine in my system any longer so, I figure I'll just keep going with it. The longer I go, the more I feel I will never smoke again. Time will tell I guess. So far; so good :smile:

The process of quitting smoking doesn’t end with the last cigarette. It’s not quitting itself, the real key is staying quit!

#3 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

I was on Chantix for three weeks and started experiencing dizziness, feeling disoriented & a little down. I was very concerned, especially when driving, and thought cutting the dosage would help... to no avail. I also felt unmotivated to do anything. While being on Chantix I went from almost a pack a day to 3 cigs per day.....I was so pleased.

I did try again with the Chantix, just doing 1 per day, but the same symptoms returned. I now have the patch but don't have the drive or motivation and I'm so very disappointed in myself. I want to feel the excitement I first experienced when I realized how close I was to stopping.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate your words. I'm totally exhausted as it's constantly on my mind.
I'm willing to give Chantix another try with any ideas from you to battle the side effects.

Thanks so much for any help.
Judy

Had you quit smoking?

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#4 gonfishn21

gonfishn21

Old Pharte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-11
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:53 AM

I have said many times that mindset is key. And it is. It's possibly time to stop trying,
and start doing. There is only one answer. Don't smoke. The best method is the one
that works. But it still boils down to not putting something between your lips, lighting it on fire and inhaling.
Treat the symptoms, however unpleasant they will not kill you. The cigarette will. But whatever the
symptom a cigarette will not make it go away. It will only delay it for another time. That by the way is
addiction.

Educate yourself, arm yourself with knowledge. Be as prepared as you can for the symptoms, and destroy
any cigarettes in your possession. Dig in, and know that you can do this if you really choose to do so.
  • Nancy., Jillar and gtrz like this
<p>event.png

Smoking is no longer an option for me. I no longer smoke. Smoking is just something that I used to do

Smoking is not treatment. Smoking is the cause.

The usual outcome is only that, because you let it be. The "quitter's" outcome is because we "make it be".

Beat the urge, and the urge will stop beating you.

#5 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

G'day
Gonfishn21 says it get educated. I come here every day and learn
As for that dizzy disorientated feeling. I know that well kept happening long after I'd finished the champix.
Like I said long after I'd done the 3 months on the champix.
I'll add a few more. You would sit down and you would feel a strange out of body feeling. Jump up and move the Dhit would go away.
As for cuts and bruises every cut bleed like a champ. Every bruise, what the hell is that. It just touched me?
Got tested for every thing known under the sun at 5 months and guess what. High red blood cell count. The red blood cells that carry the oxygen around. A common side effect of smoking. Make heaps of oxygen carting cells as that are more likely to carry carbon monoxide as a smoker. Give it away and your body has to adjust.
Mines had 40 years of smoking so I don't know what my "adjustment point" is.
I'm 15 months and enjoying finding out.
C
  • Jillar likes this
Proud 2015 BadAshes

http://www.imagecont...20&cost_pack=20

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#6 Smokefreetoday

Smokefreetoday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-10
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Welcome JK!  It does often take a bit of time and yes education is a key... http://www.quitsmoki...g-is-a-journey/

All the best!  

#7 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,981 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

You've been given great advice jk so I'll just say welcome :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users