Photo

What are you Cooking for the Christmas ?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

Any suggestions, something you've done before and turned out to end up liking your lips. 

If I'm not liking my lips I just put a little lipstick on and then I like them
rolling.gif
  • Frank likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#62 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

You have a Place beside my fire any time Jill !

25r07xw.jpg

• Jillar likes this

#63 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Before offering a recipe...Please allow me to request clarification: 2 filets? If so, what is weight of each. Or...two beef tenderloins to feed a hungry bunch of people? Post pics if you can.
I have prepared and offered both & received great feedback. I'll just say // patience, garlic, black pepper & salt are the key ingredients!

2 whole loins, I don't know the weight but they are complete, maybe 5 +  lb each.   I was thinking seasoning with a mix of fresh garlic paste , some tasty chili pepper paste, orange juice, salt and pepper, and maybe a little bit of cumin.  Then sear grill at high temp, lower the heat and cook until the outside is toasted a bit. Then cut to 1-1.5" slices.   It has to be hard to control on the grill since the ends of the loin are thinner than the rest.  I am debating if I should just stake them first and grill that way.

• Lust4Life likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#64 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

If I'm not liking my lips I just put a little lipstick on and then I like them
rolling.gif

Licking.  Good catch and I won't blame auto correct, I'll just blame my google head  :P

• marciem and Jillar like this

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#65 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

2 whole loins, I don't know the weight but they are complete, maybe 5 + lb each. I was thinking seasoning with a mix of fresh garlic paste , some tasty chili pepper paste, orange juice, salt and pepper, and maybe a little bit of cumin. Then sear grill at high temp, lower the heat and cook until the outside is toasted a bit. Then cut to 1-1.5" slices. It has to be hard to control on the grill since the ends of the loin are thinner than the rest. I am debating if I should just stake them first and grill that way.

For the thinner ends on a whole tenderloin--I've tied them under to help with even cooking throughout. I've never grilled a tenderloin. I usually salt it, then rub butter all over it, season with more salt,pepper, herbs de Provence, make little slits all over it and then put slivers of garlic in the slits. Tie with butcher's twine. Sear it on a pan over high heat & then roast it in oven. Some folks will cover the tenderloin with bacon instead of butter. Definitely need a fat over it or it will likely dry out since it is such a lean (and delicious!) cut of meat.

I'm sure whatever you do to it - it will be wonderfully tasty & enjoyed by all!
  • Frank and Jillar like this

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

#66 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Thanks L4L, I looked up what is herbs of Provence and it sounds like a good mix.  

• Lust4Life likes this

#67 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

Those two loins came out so good ! :)  no knifes were needed  and were so big I have leftovers lunch for the next few days. :P

• Jillar and Lust4Life like this

#68 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

Those two loins came out so good ! :) no knifes were needed and were so big I have leftovers lunch for the next few days. :P

Wonderful!! 😃
  • Frank likes this

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users