Photo

What are you Cooking for the Christmas ?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Nelski

Nelski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,106 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-01-06
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:55 PM

mmmm 

we need to do a food swap holiday :)

1420538400_30_1_GBP_8_dark.png

#42 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

Hey Avian, tell me, how did you like the pepperoni and pineapple pizza?

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#43 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Hey gang !  So the time to cook a feast has come again :) .  This year I have 2 whole Filet mignon and still thinking how am I going to cook them :wacko: . I am thinking something easy that does not require a lot of hand work (still with a cast until the 27th)  Any suggestions, something you've done before and turned out to end up licking your lips. 

What is on your menu this year?  B)

P.S My creative nut head is gone to Iceland  :shock:

• Jillar and Lust4Life like this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#44 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I would Love some Honey comb tripe Menudo, Fresh beef chicken Pork Tamales, fresh tortillas.
But NO my Mex Family turned White on Me so its Ham, Turkey, stuffing, The normal white food.
  • Frank likes this

#45 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

I would Love some Honey comb tripe Menudo, Fresh beef chicken Pork Tamales, fresh tortillas.
But NO my Mex Family turned White on Me so its Ham, Turkey, stuffing, The normal white food.

White food?? It's universal at Xmas ๐Ÿ˜€ (I don't eat turkey lol) ๐Ÿ˜€
  • green meenie likes this

#46 notsmokin'jo

notsmokin'jo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-28
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

My requirements to take to the family Christmas function this year ... Potato Salad, Sushi, Spanakopita, Borek, Coconut Ice and Triffle.... our only real family traditions are the lighting of the pudding, sitting on santa's knee to get your present and Limbo (imagine 20 odd Aussie yobbos between 20-45 competing against each other in a Limbo competition that one would think winning was a matter of life and death). Food for us tends to be cold and not requiring a table to eat at. With up to 200 in attendance (big family) there is never anywhere to sit.

• Frank and Jillar like this

#47 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

My requirements to take to the family Christmas function this year ... Potato Salad, Sushi, Spanakopita, Borek, Coconut Ice and Triffle.... our only real family traditions are the lighting of the pudding, sitting on santa's knee to get your present and Limbo (imagine 20 odd Aussie yobbos between 20-45 competing against each other in a Limbo competition that one would think winning was a matter of life and death). Food for us tends to be cold and not requiring a table to eat at. With up to 200 in attendance (big family) there is never anywhere to sit.

200 people?  And I thought my family was big.  Happy holidays, 

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#48 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

All Righty, now we are cooking, My loving Daughter new Daddy was blue so Guess what we are making Tamales Pork, Chicken and Venison Green and Red chili. Guess I can throw some Honey comb Tripe into a pot and make me some New Mex Menudo YUUUUM

It is starting to Look like Christmas all around the stove !!!

#49 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

200 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ i didn't even know a family could be that big ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

#50 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

I'm cooking whatever fast food restaurant is open Christmas day :laughbounce:
  • Frank and notsmokin'jo like this

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#51 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

I'm cooking whatever fast food restaurant is open Christmas day :laughbounce:

Do you not bother with the big dinner Jillar. I love it when I'm not cooking it lol.

#52 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

No, I don't. I hate cooking so try to avoid it at all costs lol

1zzrf54.jpg

#53 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

I don't hate cooking I'm just awful at it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jillar likes this

#54 JimHannoonen

JimHannoonen

Ruler Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-02-09
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

I'll be making my Stolen Apple Pie.

It got its name because my psycho, hippie ex girlfriend made the best apple pie I'd ever had, but wouldn't share the recipe, so after we broke up, her daughter (who loved me) copied down the recipe and emailed it to me.

I now make the best apple pie I've ever had. :)

• Frank, Jillar and notsmokin'jo like this

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2017

30ksjlf.gif

"We donโ€™t slip into our greatest achievements. We commit and then make them happen."

#55 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

I love to Cook, Smoke and BBQ, Have I shown you all my New BBQ smoker ?
2zj98ip.jpg
  • Jillar likes this

#56 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

Going to put a cattle horn in front and locomotive wheels that go round and round as I cook, thinking about a steam whistle for when the food is done !
  • notsmokin'jo likes this

#57 Faith

Faith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

You are lucky that you have good weather to cook so much outside.

#58 Buckster

Buckster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

One would Think, But we have no burn days such as today, yesterday and most likely the rest of the month.

Seems a BBQ or my Fire place are putting to much smoke into the air, wish someone had told the fires that they must extinguish them self's because it is a no burn day !  I would Gladly not use either if the fires could be stopped !!

• Jillar likes this

#59 notsmokin'jo

notsmokin'jo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-28
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:42 AM

200 i didn't even know a family could be that big

Dad is 1 of 18 (10 biological & 8 'adopted'), each has an average of 4 kids themselves (who are now mostly adults and married with their own kids) . [Why adopt 8?? when dad and his siblings were kids they didn't bring home stray animals but they bought home stray people instead who Grandma would just take in. So I have 5 uncles and 3 aunties who are chosen family not genetic jackpots). So with partners and kids and grandkids and depending on who's families turn it is to spend christmas night with and who can visit from interstate or overseas the numbers in attendance fluctuate.

#60 Lust4Life

Lust4Life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-09-26
  • LocationSoutheast USA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

Hey gang ! So the time to cook a feast has come again :) . This year I have 2 whole Filet mignon and still thinking how am I going to cook them :wacko: . I am thinking something easy that does not require a lot of hand work (still with a cast until the 27th) Any suggestions, something you've done before and turned out to end up liking your lips.

What is on your menu this year? B)

P.S My creative nut head is gone to Iceland :shock:

Before offering a recipe...Please allow me to request clarification: 2 filets? If so, what is weight of each. Or...two beef tenderloins to feed a hungry bunch of people? Post pics if you can.
I have prepared and offered both & received great feedback. I'll just say // patience, garlic, black pepper & salt are the key ingredients!
  • Frank likes this

KMQ since September 26, 2016.  One N O P E at a time.  :grin: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users