• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Moonchild

Moonchild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

I just started taking champix today. I was wondering when to set my actual quit date and when people started noticing side effects etc?

#2 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:38 PM

I quit on my 13th day because I was ready.  The only side effects I had were nausea if I did not take it with a meal, and vivid dreams.  Congratulations on your decision to quit, and welcome to the board!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#3 Bassman

Bassman

Don't fear quitting, fear not quitting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-01-04
  • LocationAtlanta Georgia, USA...

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

Hi Moonchild...welcome to QSMB....Plenty of support here....You may want to go to the main board and do an intro and you'll get lots of welcoms and good info....

I quit about beginning of the 5th week....day 3 is when I felt some of the upset stomach, they were minor and quite managable.....I had only one vivid dream...no other side effects....

We're all different look at the time frame between me and Nancy....I did not set a date...I quit on the 4th day the cigaretts started tasting quite stale which was in the 4th week of taking Chantix.....Bassman

<p>image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2014

Link to all my nosmoking songs for QSMB:
http://www.youtube.c...=pathagawarts54
+2j3342d.jpg

I think I can - I know I can - I did
You're a post away to stay smoke free today.....
Quitting may not always easy, but it's always right...stay quit......
I gave myself the gift of quitting, I will not take that gift away from myself.......
My time of suffering is over, its the addictions time to suffer.......

#4 Smokefreetoday

Smokefreetoday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-10
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Welcome Moonchild!  Be sure to check out the newbie package that is pinned over on the main board.  There are lots of great posts in there. 

#5 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

Welcome moonchild and congratulations on deciding tot take your life back :) This board doesn't get as much views as the main board does so if you post there you will probably get more replies to your question :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#6 mei

mei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-12

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

moonchild, 

i did chantix also. as you can see everybodies quit date is different. mine was 10 or 11 days after starting chantix. cigarettes started tasting  not bad but not good. like bassman said, quite stale.

i quit 2 days before my quit date. it just felt right. welcome to the board and congrats on your decision to quit. come here often.  Read-read-read. post-post-post. you will not find a better 

support group than what you have found here. these people are amazing and huge support. previous 40 year smoker (heavy). 3 months quit. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Trust me, if I can I know 

you can. chantix just takes the edge off your withdrawal and cravings. but it helped me a lot. no side effects to speak. i feel lucky in that regard.  anyway STAY STRONG!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

• Jillar likes this

1471024801_35_1_USD_7_blacksec.png

#7 Moonchild

Moonchild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Wow, you people are amazing. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I am currently on day 7 no smoking ( just started 3rd week of champix). It got to the point where if I took a puff of a cigarette I felt like I might throw up. Currently battling fatigue, nausea, acid reflux... also a bit snappy and short tempered, insane dreams, and I know tmi but constipation.I am trying to make it through. I am hopeing it gets a bit better after a couple more weeks. Last Monday I was so tired I could not even get out of bed. I think the fatigue might be due to the crazy dreams and not sleeping soundly. Anyway, I am just rambling, but thanks again. 

#8 mei

mei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-12

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Moonchild,

You are doing phenomenal!!! All symptoms you describe are normal. You Stay Strong!!!  STAY MOONCHILD STRONG!!!

You can do this. 1 week down is a huge accomplishment. CONGRATULATIONS on your Quit.  KTQ

1471024801_35_1_USD_7_blacksec.png

#9 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

G'day
I know that feeling...
Don't look back... Gods sakes don't need too.
Just keep going forward. AND
Just as important..... You are the driver of this... YES you.
The champix is your tool.
You are doing this:
Regards C
Proud 2015 BadAshes

http://www.imagecont...20&cost_pack=20

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#10 Wana

Wana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-12-22
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

Moon, I quit taking Chantix 4 days after I stopped smoking because it made me very nauseous.  The symptoms you cite are well within the range of "normal" for people who stop smoking.  We trained our bodies to deal with constant small doses of poison hour after hour, day after day, month after month, year after year, etc. and when we stop, it is no surprise that your poor body's systems will get a little off balance.  The good news is that although it may take a while, all of your symptoms will slowly disappear and you will marvel at the freedom from that vile habit.  Congrats on your decision and YOU'VE GOT THIS!!

• NOPEster likes this

1450746000_20_1_USD_7.2_default.png

#11 dotchess

dotchess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

I started my first pill today. I know we all can beat this!! Keep rolling man!
  • Nancy. and Jillar like this

#12 dotchess

dotchess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

I quit Monday. I am going to ween off Chantix starting today. Like the post above. Chantix is causing some relationship issues. So gotta tuff out the rest of my quit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users