#1 jodie.r.cox

jodie.r.cox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hi all,

New to this board!!

I had my first meeting at the quit shop yesterday with a lovely lady. I have decided (after trying patches/ cold turkey and a vape previously) that I am going to try champix to help me give up!

I haven't got my prescription yet, going to drop the letter in tomorrow morning and then once I get it I'll be on my way!!

I must admit I am pooping myself! I have my last accounting exam on the 24th November so potentially my quit date would be around then. (I'm just going to see when my body tells me to not smoke)

So a lot of stress going on at the moment. I figured if I can do it now then I'll be sorted!

Was quite suprised at my carbon monoxide reading yesterday, I wouldn't consider myself a heavy smoker, but it was 41!

Jodie :)

#2 Smokefreetoday

Smokefreetoday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-10
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

Welcome Jodi!  You will do great...

#3 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,945 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

welcome and all the best in your quit.

You say "I'm just going to see when my body tells me to not smoke", I think your carbon monoxide reading was your body crying to stop smoking :-)

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#4 Hcarlson

Hcarlson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:22 AM

Hello everyone. New here, but definately not a new smoker. I've decided to give chantix a try after unsuccessfully quitting smoking on my own 9 times over the last 27 years. I get my script Nov 29th. Pretty scary but I'm for sure ready to kick this habit for good. So tired of smoking. Any advice on the "best" ways to use chantix?

#5 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,981 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

Hi hcarlson and welcome, lots of members here who have been successful with chantix. I had a three week quit on it and quit the chantix because of mood swings and started right back up smoking. So I would suggest to stay on it for at least three months to ensure success. Eat something before taking a dose to avoid nausea and be ready for some pretty awesome, vivid dreams :) If you post to the main board more people will see it and respond. This sub forum doesn't get as much traffic.

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#6 jebstewart

jebstewart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-01-16
  • Locationsouthwestern mountains of virginia, usa

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:58 AM

http://www.quitsmoki...enicline-facts/

perhaps too much info, but all the info i could find once upon a time.

good luck!

love you, mean it,

jeb

• Ftlguy likes this

:wub:

5fea3866e7.png

2dr760j.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users