• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Jen1172

Jen1172

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:20 AM

Kisp....I haven't had any side effects. I was scared for no reason! I've had more vivid dreams but I like them. And definitely take the pills with food because I did get sick once when I didn't have time to eat. Other than that it has been fine. I've had some major cravings today for some reason, maybe because I watched the football game with friends and had beers. It was almost bad enough for me to cave but I didn't. Even as I'm typing this I'm thinking of how much I could go for one but I can't ruin things now. Anyway, just wanted to share some of my experience! Good luck!
  • Smurf likes this

#22 Jen1172

Jen1172

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

Hmmmm...how do I get a ticket thingy??

#23 Ksp

Ksp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

Thank you. I originally saw your first posts and you have been helpful even before you knew it. 😊 I loved your journal and this response - knowing you felt the way I did about the Chantix is helping take some of my fears away!!! Giving me the courage to start actually using them.
Great for you that you fought the urge. How did you work through it? What number day are you on? I'm very happy for you!
I don't know how to get a tickey thing but I'm going to want on too!!!
  • Jen1172 likes this

#24 Jen1172

Jen1172

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:30 AM

That's great! I never thought this this thread of mine would help anyone lol. I'm on day 5. It's been rougher than the previous 4 but I'm proud of myself for being stronger than the cravings. Let me know if you find out about the ticker! 😊
  • d2e8b8 likes this

#25 Ksp

Ksp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:11 AM

Thanks Jen! Yes you were/are a huge help. Oh boy a rough day 5 but you got through it and will continue to! I just know it. I'm rooting for you and keep me posted on your progress! I'll do the same. Will do on the ticker. I'm intrigued.

#26 Ksp

Ksp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:21 AM

Ok Jen - I haven't explored it yet but here's ticker info I found on another post. Hope it helps!

http://www.quitsmoki...e/?fromsearch=1

#27 d2e8b8

d2e8b8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-17
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

Jen, yes you should start a ticker.

Also, how about coming on the main board for your quit journal - you'll get a lot more responses over there.

Well done on the quit.

Do promise to send an SOS before lighting up.

#28 Smurf

Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-09-15
  • Locationwayyyyy down south near the bayou.

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:36 AM

Just to add my 2 cents here.

1st congrats to all of you for taking the steps to become a non smoker!!

My experience with chantix is like many have described here.

I smoked for 47 years , and quit after taking chantix, i think i quit on the 8th day of taking it,but took it for a total of 5 weeks.

( Note some may and probably need more than 5 weeks )

No major side effects for me except if i didn't take with food then i got an upset stomach.

And the Dreams!! oh the dreams were great!!

I had one dream where a cigarette was driving a car and trying to get me to go ride with them.LoL

None of my dreams were nightmares, and most were quite enjoyable.

Put aside your fears, talk to your DR. and give it a try. ( It could save your life..)

• JustaGuy and Jen1172 like this

1410656400_15_1_USD_5_default.png

#29 Jen1172

Jen1172

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:04 AM

I kind of like to stay in the Chantix board but thanks! I feel like everyone here knows what we're going through because we're all quitting with the same help. I do sometimes read the main board but I just feel more comfy here. I'm always using the board from my cell phone and can't see tickers anyway lol

#30 Wana

Wana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-12-22
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

Hi Jen.  Congrats on your decision to quit smoking!  It is the greatest gift you can ever give yourself.  You will find amazing support here from people who know what you're going through.  You've got this!

• Jen1172 likes this

1450746000_20_1_USD_7.2_default.png

#31 Timbers506

Timbers506

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-25
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

Congratulations on your starting the program. I started taking Chantix 2 weeks ago. Have been not smoking on day 2.
I have had very few side effects, I have woke up in the middle of night and sometimes have difficulty getting back to sleep. And mild stomach aches, but th at could also be from the nicotine withdrawal.

Each person has their own effects. Do not be scared of the pills, just be mindful of your own body and reactions if any.....

Chantix has made this process much more bearable.. for me it is a great help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users