krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

So yesterday was my last day of taking Chantix.  I am glad to say that I finished the program with very few side effects except for maybe some nausea now and then.  I did have some insomnia and mood changes but I'm not sure if I should attribute that to Chantix or just stopping smoking.

I'm now unsure what to expect after being totally done with them.  I have read and heard that there could be some problems with stopping them but I did taper off only taking a 1/2 pill in the morning for the last 6 days.  

I guess I'm just looking for some responses and information on what to expect now from those of you who have been through this. I'm ready for my life to just get back to normal minus the smoking. 

My desire to smoke may have increased a little when I started tapering down off the Chantix but nothing I couldn't handle.  I'm just hoping that now being totally off of them, I will not have any major craves or major outbursts where my head spins around.   Any help appreciated or words of encouragement welcomed. 

• JustaGuy likes this

1470637801_25_1_USD_6_pinksec.png

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Congrats kitty on finishing your chantix :) You may still get some pretty good craves, I did up to about four months. After that the craves come but they are so weak I can laugh at them!  But your mood swings may be better now because as I'm sure you've read mood changes are possible on it. I don't think at this point in your quit that your head will spin around but it is Halloween so anything is possible, hee, hee :)

• krazykittygirl likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 krazykittygirl

krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

Thank you Jillar.  I am going to try and stay as positive as I can and just hope for the best. 

I just realized from your ticker I must have missed your 5 month anniversary?  I'm so sorry but congratulations to you!!!  You've been such a constant help to me and my quit and I thank you for that.

So another month or so and I should be home free?  I know you can't promise me that but I'll hold on to the thought.  I'll let you know tomorrow if my head did any spinning. 

• Jillar likes this

#4 Bassman

Bassman

Don't fear quitting, fear not quitting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,924 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-01-04
  • LocationAtlanta Georgia, USA...

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

I stopped taking them with the wellbutin at about 6 week...no reason why I did but it was just a few days after I quit smoking...I tapered off 1/ 2 a pill for 2 days then stopped completely. ...only effect I had was quit smoking......

It was at that point I started taking my orange tic tacks to help supplement and ward off the craves...it was very effective for me...Bassman

<p>image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2014

Link to all my nosmoking songs for QSMB:
http://www.youtube.c...=pathagawarts54
+2j3342d.jpg

I think I can - I know I can - I did
You're a post away to stay smoke free today.....
Quitting may not always easy, but it's always right...stay quit......
I gave myself the gift of quitting, I will not take that gift away from myself.......
My time of suffering is over, its the addictions time to suffer.......

#5 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

yes kitty I think another month give or take and you'll be so happy with the tiny little craves that you can just laugh at really. They are so pathetic it's amazing now that they were so bad then. You got this girl and please let me know if your head spins. Oh better yet, take a video so we all can see it, hee,hee :) Thank you for the monthaversary wishes and kind words :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#6 krazykittygirl

krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:16 PM

Bassman, I'm a little confused.  You took Chantix and Wellbutrin both and stopped both after 6 weeks?   Was there a reason for that?  Were you having side effects from Chantix?

#7 JustaGuy

JustaGuy

TA DA!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-01-14
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:41 AM

Hi, Miss K!

I just found your thread and wanted to pop in and say well done!

Chantix was a boon for me and my Quit and it looks like you have this licked.

Just be aware that you are swimming now without a life vests, right?
Those craves have funny, little faces, but they still bite and one bite is all it takes.

My experience was another rough patch around 6 months we called No Man's Land--which was weird for about two weeks and really threw me for a loop. But after that, the sailing was amazingly smooth!

You're going to help so many people quit.
I'm very excited for you!

N.O.P.E.
~d

I am a puff away from a pack a day. ~Soul

It's not easy to quit - but it is simple. All you have to do is not smoke. ~jwg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users