Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,829 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

I was concerned or thoughtful about getting off Chantex.  I really do not want to use it any longer than I need.  It makes me feel yukky.  Lol.  I was wondering, masking the craving, lessening them, if I was not honestly doing the work and was going to have to experience the worse of what I am missing with Chantex at a later date.  I will continuing because I am only at 6 days, but will absolutely listen to you all and your experience.  Thanks.  I appreciate the updates too.

I used it for 3 months as prescribed by the dr. Maybe it wasn't necessary to use it for so long but you seem to be very new. I would continue a bit more. 

• Seabeyond likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#22 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

I stayed on my Chantix for 3 1/2 months - but I didn't have very many side effects with it either. Anyway, I firmly believe that it is what made all the difference in my quit. I had a firm foundation under me (i.e. I knew it was possible for me to quit by then) and was able to take it from there on my own.

I think too many people discontinue the Chantix too early, leading to relapsing. I know I did not want to be on any medication that "messed with my brain chemistry" - but I'm so glad I stayed on it for the full course.

• Jillar and putnaminn like this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2017

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#23 josan333

josan333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-06-01

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Well, just crossed the 2 month mark free of smoking.  For a month I have weaned down to just 1/2 a pill and it wasn't bad at all.  But the last week, I've been having cravings a lot more.  I can't keep eating so much, lol  trying to lose what I gained.  

Will stop Chantix in 1 week.   Hope the cravings don't get worst!      :wink:

NOPE

#24 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

That's wonderful josan! Two months of freedom is a fabulous start on your forever quit!

I weaned from 2 pills/day to 1/day at the 4 week mark (ugly insomnia), and then from 1 pill/day to 1/2 pill/day at the 12 week mark (weaning down preparatory to stopping the med). Both times I had 4-5 days of "antsy-ness" rather than what you'd call cravings - and both times my body seemed to even itself back out after the 4-5 days.

As long as you remember - and firmly know - that you cannot smoke no matter what kind of cravings you might have.....you'll be fine. And keep in the back of your mind that if you feel it necessary you can always go back on the Chantix (with your physician's okay) for another course of a month or two. That would be better than giving in to smoking again.

We are in this for the long haul! We will do this!

30ksjlf.jpg

#25 KarenCT

KarenCT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-04
  • LocationLitchfield County, CT

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

I am on Week 2 of Chantix, and had my last cig 3 days ago.  I am supplementing the Chantix with Wellbutrin, and it seems to be helping a lot.  I quit once before with this method, weaned off both the Chantix and Wellbutrin gradually, and went had 6 months of smoke-free success before relapsing.  

I am hoping that this time I have quit for good.  It's not easy, as my husband smokes and temptation is always there.  But I'm hanging in there because I know it can be done.  I have lots of support from friends and family, so it's really just up to me.  

The Chantix tends to make me have really vivid dreams, which I actually like, lol.  But I've noticed a tendency to oversleep in the mornings.  Working on getting to bed at an earlier hour to see if that helps.  I'm a night-owl who loves her ID Channel...

CAN SOMEONE please send a link for a STOP-SMOKING BANNER?  

This is my first post since last year.  I would welcome any comments and advice.

Thanks

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

#26 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hi Karen, welcome back, and congratulations on your first 3 days of quitting. You should consider posting an introduction on our main board - not many people read down here in the sub-sections. And everyone would love to welcome you.

You say you "hope this time you have quit for good". Uh uh. There is no hoping about it - you just need to make up your mind that your previous smoking life is gone forever. Smoking is no longer an option for you, at 6 weeks or 6 months or 6 years.

Why did you relapse? You have to get your head around the answer to that or you will always be in danger of it happening again. I strongly recommend being active here, and reading here at least an hour a day, and committing to being on here daily for a year. We all need the constant reinforcement, we need the NOPE reminders, we need to learn and know way down deep that NOPE is the only way for us to live from now on.

I look forward to following your journey to freedom. :smile:

30ksjlf.jpg

#27 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,332 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Welcome back Karen and congratulations on three days smoke free :) I agree with Lin that it would be great if you start a new thread on the main board. Lots of support there and many successful chantix quitters. Here's a link to the tickers for your signature. And if you have trouble with it just message Nancy and she'll probably be able to help you put it on there :) https://www.quitsmok...re/#entry729132
  • Nancy. likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#28 KarenCT

KarenCT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-04

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

Thanks to all who responded.  As far as where I'm posting <sigh> I chose a topic that I wanted to comment on.  If I posted in the wrong section, my apologies.  I don't have a lot of time to read everything - so, whatever.

Also, I followed the link for the Tina's ticker, filled in the blanks, copied and pasted the link to my signature  and all I get is... another link where my signature is. Brilliant.

#29 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,681 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Thanks to all who responded.  As far as where I'm posting <sigh> I chose a topic that I wanted to comment on.  If I posted in the wrong section, my apologies.  I don't have a lot of time to read everything - so, whatever.

Also, I followed the link for the Tina's ticker, filled in the blanks, copied and pasted the link to my signature  and all I get is... another link where my signature is. Brilliant.

Actually, you have a very nice ticker!!  And everyone here is just trying to help.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#30 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,332 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi again Karen, I was only suggesting introducing yourself on the main board because not a lot of members look at these sub forums and since you asked for advice or comments the main board you'll get all kinds :) But yea, if you're more comfortable posting here then nothing wrong with that. Nice ticker btw :)
  • KarenCT likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#31 KarenCT

KarenCT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-04

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

Mind me not.  I am a complete crankypuss.  I did get the ticker (I think) by copying the photo, not the link.  Copying the link just put the link where my signature goes... pffffftttt!

It just looks like a link - not a "meter."  I filled in the fields, clicked "create my ticker" and it said to copy the link.  Well, I copied the link to my signature and hit "save changes" and all I get is a link, not a meter.  ?????? 

I am aware of the triggers that made me smoke again after a 6-month quit on Chantix.  Deaths in the family, had to put our dog to sleep, getting approved for a mortgage, the list goes on.  All is resolved now.  Wrapped up final affairs of the dearly departed.  Adopted a dog.  Bought the house.  And a riding mower - what fun.

Now as long as my hubby can deal with my mood swings, I can say I am - so far - successful.   :)

• Jillar likes this

#32 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,332 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Ha, ha I remeber the mood swings on Chantix. That's the reason I got off it! It was the Chantix or a divorce lol. I hope your hubby is more patient than mine was :)

• KarenCT likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

#33 KarenCT

KarenCT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-04

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

Ha, ha I remeber the mood swings on Chantix. That's the reason I got off it! It was the Chantix or a divorce lol. I hope your hubby is more patient than mine was :)

Dealing with insurance agents is sorely testing my will here...

I had to laugh - Chantix or divorce.  I think hubby will survive, he's tough even when I'm not.

Can you help with the quit meter thing?  Whenever it creates my meter and says to copy the link to my signature - and I do - all that shows up in my signature is the link... not the actual meter... I'm stumped.

#34 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,332 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

Glad your hubby is tougher than mine Karen lol :) On that ticker after you make it I believe you right click, choose copy image  then come back and paste it on your signature. Click save changes and it should show up after you save the changes. Nancy is really good at it though so a lot of us let her put it on our signatures just to keep our frustration down lol. But give that a try it should work

1zzrf54.jpg

#35 KarenCT

KarenCT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-04

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Yay.  Ticker/Quit Meter solved (thanks, Nancy).  Fighting a craving at the moment... breathe, breathe.

• Jillar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users