Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,177 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

I was concerned or thoughtful about getting off Chantex.  I really do not want to use it any longer than I need.  It makes me feel yukky.  Lol.  I was wondering, masking the craving, lessening them, if I was not honestly doing the work and was going to have to experience the worse of what I am missing with Chantex at a later date.  I will continuing because I am only at 6 days, but will absolutely listen to you all and your experience.  Thanks.  I appreciate the updates too.

I used it for 3 months as prescribed by the dr. Maybe it wasn't necessary to use it for so long but you seem to be very new. I would continue a bit more. 

• Seabeyond likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#22 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

I stayed on my Chantix for 3 1/2 months - but I didn't have very many side effects with it either. Anyway, I firmly believe that it is what made all the difference in my quit. I had a firm foundation under me (i.e. I knew it was possible for me to quit by then) and was able to take it from there on my own.

I think too many people discontinue the Chantix too early, leading to relapsing. I know I did not want to be on any medication that "messed with my brain chemistry" - but I'm so glad I stayed on it for the full course.

• Jillar and putnaminn like this

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

#23 josan333

josan333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-06-01

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Well, just crossed the 2 month mark free of smoking.  For a month I have weaned down to just 1/2 a pill and it wasn't bad at all.  But the last week, I've been having cravings a lot more.  I can't keep eating so much, lol  trying to lose what I gained.  

Will stop Chantix in 1 week.   Hope the cravings don't get worst!      :wink:

NOPE

#24 Lin-quitting

Lin-quitting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-06
  • Locationsmall-town Kansas USA

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

That's wonderful josan! Two months of freedom is a fabulous start on your forever quit!

I weaned from 2 pills/day to 1/day at the 4 week mark (ugly insomnia), and then from 1 pill/day to 1/2 pill/day at the 12 week mark (weaning down preparatory to stopping the med). Both times I had 4-5 days of "antsy-ness" rather than what you'd call cravings - and both times my body seemed to even itself back out after the 4-5 days.

As long as you remember - and firmly know - that you cannot smoke no matter what kind of cravings you might have.....you'll be fine. And keep in the back of your mind that if you feel it necessary you can always go back on the Chantix (with your physician's okay) for another course of a month or two. That would be better than giving in to smoking again.

We are in this for the long haul! We will do this!

]1488790801_16_1_USD_3_blacksec.png

"I didn't come this far to only come this far."

30ksjlf.jpg

I want my life back. I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

There is no try, there is only do. Failure is not an option.

Another proud member of the 2017 Smokebusters team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users