• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 janine0917

janine0917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:29 AM

Hospitalized for asthma. Time to quit the evil sticks that have ruled & ruined my life for too long! I'm taking back my life! Looking for suggestions, support & friends who understand the fight. 😉

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,707 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:55 AM

Welcome Janine, please introduce yourself in the main board as this is a sub category and doesn't get as many views. Congratulations on deciding to quit. I also have asthma so I can tell you to be prepared for your asthma to get worse after you quit. Hopefully it won't happen but mine did for a couple months so just wanted to forewarn you of what could happen. You will get a lot of good advice from everyone here as we are all in it to win it :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

5vbuwn.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years
QuitWe say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Always keep in mind, you are not going through this because you quit...you are going through this because you smoked. Nancy
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 Mike Piano

Mike Piano

Mike Piano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-02-16
  • Locationessex nr London England

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:59 AM

By  luck or design you have walked into a place of friends and real support.

Stay and share, we are like a lifeboat.

This addiction loses power the moment you log on.

Welcome Janine

Get well and help others, thats what we do.

event.png

#4 Jimmy Gold

Jimmy Gold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEllicott

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:26 AM

Smoking, or being around other people smoking, can lead to asthma symptoms or even an asthma attack. Giving up smoking is vital if you want to manage your asthma well and lower your risk of an asthma attack. I m happy on your decision to quit smoke. Try these tips to get you started - Change your daily habits - Find out about stop smoking treatments, some treatments to help reduce your craving to smoke. Talk to your pharmacist or asthma nurse about what i's available for you. It's not easy - but keep going.

#5 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,239 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Smoking, or being around other people smoking, can lead to asthma symptoms or even an asthma attack. Giving up smoking is vital if you want to manage your asthma well and lower your risk of an asthma attack. I m happy on your decision to quit smoke. Try these tips to get you started - Change your daily habits - Find out about stop smoking treatments, some treatments to help reduce your craving to smoke. Talk to your pharmacist or asthma nurse about what i's available for you. It's not easy - but keep going.

Removing link from your signature as it violates our rules.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#6 Smokefreetoday

Smokefreetoday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-10
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

Welcome Janine!  Come over to the main board where it is all happening... Also be sure to check out the newbie package and all it's great information.  Nope. Smoking is not an option.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users