Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-01
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:31 PM

I made the inside of my house a smoke free zone the day before I started my journey, just trying to change the way I am so use to doing things. Took my 2nd dose of Chantix this morning and I'm really pleasantly surprised that I'm not chomping at the bit to go smoke. The last one actually tasted a little off and it actually made me feel like I had smoked it too fast, you all know that feeling. Is that normal to have the bad taste start so early? I know everyone is different, just wondering if anyone else experienced it that way.

What I seem to be missing most at the moment is that little hit of menthol at the back of my throat, I've been a menthol smoker for almost 40 years with a 6 month quit many years ago. Mints and gum aren't doing it, any thoughts on what to try to get that little hit of mint? Any one use a vape without the nicotine? . 

This is MY QUIT, I am going to beat this nicotine addiction. So Just needing ideas PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• Andoo likes this

"At any given moment you have the POWER to say this is NOT how the story is going to END"

"Don't give up what you want MOST, for what you want NOW"

"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm Telling yout It's going to be WORTH IT!"

"In Life you have 3 choices:  Give Up, Give In or GIVE IT YOUR ALL!!!!!"

event.png

#2 Lynn L

Lynn L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

Hi Sunfire,

If you read the Rules and Regulations we can not comment on the Vape.  It's side effects are unknown.  So I would suggest a sugar free mint/gum that is recommended by your Dentist called Xylitol.  I wish I had a better answer as you mentioned mints and gums were not helping.  Maybe the type of mint, like Xylitol, could make the difference?  

Give it a try !!  You might be pleasantly surprised !!

#3 Sunfire562

Sunfire562

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-01
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Lynn, I'll give that a try. The whole vape thing worries me anyways. I had read the rules but I guess I forgot that part, sorry.

"At any given moment you have the POWER to say this is NOT how the story is going to END"

"Don't give up what you want MOST, for what you want NOW"

"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm Telling yout It's going to be WORTH IT!"

"In Life you have 3 choices:  Give Up, Give In or GIVE IT YOUR ALL!!!!!"

event.png

#4 Denise2016

Denise2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:34 PM

Using Champix, I quit smoking 19 months ago. I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for 40 years and I can tell you, being free from having to have that cigarette is absolutely wonderful and being able to breath properly is amazing.. Cigarettes started to become less appealing for me after about 5 days and by day 12 I couldn't tolerate the taste at all. I smoked menthol too and I found drinking LOTS of water and using a strong mint( intense mint tic tacs ) really helped me. The champix does work great just keep it up and good luck, the rewards are well worth it. 😊
  • Wana and Sunfire562 like this

#5 Meme

Meme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi all.im on 8th day of champix and still smoking at present.i can wait to stop but am just finding jumping in to that abit hard cause i know once i do that is it for me forever.the champix makes me feel aick and absolutely no energy but im pushing through. Just hope i can come out the otherside and be free from this horrible trap.

#6 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

Welcome meme, you'll know when you're ready. Some people take chantix for a whole month before quitting. I can tell you that you have to want and be ready to quit or chantix, or any other aid, won't work.

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#7 beverlybevz

beverlybevz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

on day eight i have had two ciz in last four days still want them i am on chantix

#8 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

G'day
Yes it's the habit that wants them.
As you smoke less the champix fills those receptors instead of the nicotine.
My habit had me fighting for 20 days.
Finally, I reached the point when I did not light that first cig of the morning but took it and all the rest to the laundry and drowned them in the sink. It kills them deader than burning them
When off with my sweetheart to the movies and lunch.
Took my sweetheart of 37 years a week to finally ask me if I was smoking.
I could not believe it myself
C
Proud 2015 BadAshes

http://www.imagecont...20&cost_pack=20

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#9 B.alyssa

B.alyssa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hey there, I'm also going on day three. I noticed last night I didn't want to go out for my last smoke before bed, so I just didn't. For me, that's like me skipping my morning smoke (which at this exact moment), is not at all overly appealing. Heres to day 3 bud! :)

#10 Raidermom23

Raidermom23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-30
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hello,

I am on day 22 of Chantix and i quit smoking on March 30th!  I have to eat with my chantix or i get very nauseous.  I have found just something small will do the trick.  I have also found that drinking alot of water is my saving grace.  It is so nice not to be controlled by cigs.  In the beginning i was tired most of the time but in the last few days my energy has really taken off!  I smoked menthols for over 30 years and i wish everyone the best on their quit!! We can do this!! :grin:

251a404d43.png

#11 Good2Quit

Good2Quit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBetween the Cornfields

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hey there, I'm also going on day three. I noticed last night I didn't want to go out for my last smoke before bed, so I just didn't. For me, that's like me skipping my morning smoke (which at this exact moment), is not at all overly appealing. Heres to day 3 bud! :)

That was my experience as well. Without much thought I went from 30-35 a day to 12 in about a week, then 8 a few days later, then 5 and just one random day I smoked the last one in a pack and decided not to buy another pack.

I really knew at that point I had become a non smoker.

I think I've told myself a thousand times since then - I'm a non smoker now - it makes no sense to light up again!

Anyway. Keep on keeping on folks!

30ksjlf.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users