3 replies to this topic

#1 thisishard

thisishard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

This is my umpteenth time to try and quit and I'm now in day 6.  I seem to crave one today more than when I first started this journey.  I am currently taking Chantix and wow this upsets my stomach but I will press through and hopefully this will my final quit!  I'm also vaping and that somewhat annoys me because I feel like I'm still feeding the best a/k/a nocotine, but I'm told it's no different than patches or nicotine gum.  

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,981 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Are you eating a little something before you take the chantix? That will help with the stomach upset :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 Stephanie79

Stephanie79

Advanced Member

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-23
  • LocationOcala, Florida

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

Thisishard,

Congrats on choosing to quit smoking. You made a good choice. Make sure you post on the main board as well a lot more traffic there than this board.

I to am taking Chantix, actually for me it's my third go around on Chantix and the previous 2 times it made me extremely irritable and oh so nauseous. This time I take it with a glass of breakfast essential, 2 pieces of toast, and eggs. After I eat that I take my chantix with a large glass of water. This time I have not experienced any nausea. I on day 10 of chantix and currently 53 hours and 18 minutes smoke free.

The vape thing. I have tried the vape thing in the past and although it does help cut you down it is damn near impossible to quit on it. I actually own one. My husband said to me that if it gets to bad to use it, but I threw that idea out the window. The reason why is because we have to break the emotional and mental addiction to cigarettes and nicotine as well as the physical addiction.

Your thoughts process. It can't be hopefully this will be my final quit. It has to be this will be my final quit. Hopefully leaves room for doubt, room for relapse. Quitting smoking isn't easy, but that's because we are relearning how to do life with out poison. Chantix isn't a miracle pill. It doesn't take the urges and the craves away completely, but it does make it more bearable. Also you are only at the 1mg per day. So your not at the full dose yet, it does make a huge difference. The Chantix only helps you still have to do the work.

Best of luck to you and I am here rooting for you. If you haven't yet go read the newbie package on the main board. There are a lot of great articles and videos. A lot of good information. Rear, read, and educate yourself on what your experiencing and what's to come quiting smoking isn't a one fits all type of glove so the information is just a guideline.
  • happycat likes this

1471786200_2_20_USD_4.00_default.png

#4 mei

mei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-12

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

Thisishard

i also am doing chantix. it has worked very well for me. no vape no nothing but chantix, i just celebrated 2 weeks quit as of friday. former 40 year smoker. 1 to1 1/2 packs a day.

you can do this. but i think i would lose the vape. no nicotine. it is the demon we are all fighting. dont get me wrong this is very hard to do. VERY VERY hard. my brother quit 4 years ago-35 year smoker.

he is part of my support and he said wait till you hit 3 to 6 months quit. then youll know it was worth it. he said he felt better than he can remember at that point. i cant wait. i will stay quit and you can to.

P.S.he also used chantix.

NOPE not today

• happycat likes this

1471024801_35_1_USD_7_blacksec.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users