Advanced Member

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-23
  • LocationOcala, Florida

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hello everyone my name is Stephanie and I am starting chantix. Well to be completely honest today is my fourth day of chantix. I have tried to quit several times and the one time I did manage to stay quit it was on Chantix for 6 months. Then I relapsed. I could give a whole bunch of excuses, but bottom line I let the addiction beat me. Now I don't have a choice. I am 37 and just had a total hysterectomy with removal of ovaries and to get on the hrt's I have to quit smoking. So I asked my doctor for a prescription for chantix and here I am. I have been taking it for 4 days still smoking what I usually smoke, but instead of enjoying them I feel like I have an ashtray for a mouth. Let me tell you that is a gross taste. My doctor and I agree that we will do two rounds of chantix. With me tapering on and then tapering off the same way. We also set my quit date for September 1st, but I don't think I will last that long before I finally say enough this is gross. She did tell me of I felt I could quit sooner then go for it, but the quit date is the final day for smoking. So fingers crossed that I quit before then.

Oh and I will also post in the main board to say hi.

1471786200_2_20_USD_4.00_default.png

#2 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,590 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

Welcome back, Stephanie.  Sorry to hear of your health issues, but glad you have made this live-saving decision.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#3 Stephanie79

Stephanie79

Advanced Member

• NEWLY_REGISTERED
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-23
  • LocationOcala, Florida

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:41 AM

Well tomorrow is the end of month 1 of chantix. I start my 5th week of chantix and my 4th week of being smoke free. It is weird because a month ago I couldn't have pictured myself almost a month quit. 3 full weeks smoke free. Wow!!! I am still taking it a day at a time. Not really focusing to much on the future as I don't want to jeopardize my quit, but the future as a non smoker is getting easier and easier to see. It is still blurry, but each night I go to bed a winner the clearer it gets.

1471786200_2_20_USD_4.00_default.png

#4 nutzip

nutzip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:32 AM

Awesome your doing great.keep it up and be proud of how far you have made it.

#5 dsuppes

dsuppes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-11

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Great job Stephanie.   Chantix is really what saved me. 

1468263601_30_1_USD_5_bluesec.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users