6 replies to this topic

#1 cheeky82bloke

cheeky82bloke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOrlando Florida

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:06 AM

I came off Chantix before and experienced quite a bit of rage that continued for over 3 months. I them started smoking again, went back on Chantix, quit smoking again, and am now looking for advice on eventually coming off of Chantix again.

I just quit, won't be discontinuing the Chantix soon, but am gathering advice ahead of time. Concerning the rage...

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:03 AM

I never experienced that when I was on chantix. I know I was moody while I was on it but that went away as soon as I stopped. Maybe you should ask your dr. About it?

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 VAAR

VAAR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:52 AM

Cheeky, while I applaud your decision to quit smoking I just don't like NRT's when it comes to stopping as I could only find success in totally and completely cleansing my body and threw everything I had into putting smoking behind me forever.  I believe in cold turkey, absolutely the only way for me.  I was more afraid of the possible amputation of my left leg from the knee down than whatever withdrawals I might go through and that was my inspiration.  My doctor looked at my knee swollen over twice its size and assured me that it was the next step...losing the leg.  Please reconsider a new method of quitting as the Chantix.   This is only my opinion based on my experience and if others have successfully quit on NRT's, more power to them. I wish all of you only the best and a long smoke free life.

5years.jpgQuit April 4, 2011           5d2cd591f450cedda41a10a74f171144.jpg            

#4 jebstewart

jebstewart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-01-16
  • Locationsouthwestern mountains of virginia, usa

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

my dr suggested, as some of the deeper literature suggests, a tapering off.  i can only believe it was helpful as i did the chantix under dr supervision.  i did not have any emotional problems as i came off of the drug.  after 5 months on it my dr had me do 1 mg tab a day for two weeks and then had me cut the tab in half and do that half once a day for two weeks.  the only difference i noticed was a decrease in the vividness of my dreams.

good luck with your quit!

love you, mean it,

jeb

:wub:

5fea3866e7.png

2dr760j.jpg

#5 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Cheeky, while I applaud your decision to quit smoking I just don't like NRT's when it comes to stopping as I could only find success in totally and completely cleansing my body and threw everything I had into putting smoking behind me forever.  I believe in cold turkey, absolutely the only way for me.  I was more afraid of the possible amputation of my left leg from the knee down than whatever withdrawals I might go through and that was my inspiration.  My doctor looked at my knee swollen over twice its size and assured me that it was the next step...losing the leg.  Please reconsider a new method of quitting as the Chantix.   This is only my opinion based on my experience and if others have successfully quit on NRT's, more power to them. I wish all of you only the best and a long smoke free life.

Just to be clear, Chantix contains no nicotine, therefore is not considered Nicotine Replacement Therapy.   :)

I quit using Chantix, also.  While I had some anger, it seems from my observation that rage is a common side effect for many quitters.  I agree you should seek advice from your doctor...he may have sugggestions.

The most imprtant thing is to make up your mind not to smoke under any circumstances!!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#6 Granny65

Granny65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

I found it helpful to take an antidepressant at the same time as the Chantix. I had a prescription for 10 mg of Prozac, which helped with the side effects of anger, anxiety and depression from Chantix, and quitting smoking. I successfully quit after taking Chantix for 3 months. Today is my one year quit anniversary!
  • Nancy. likes this

#7 dsuppes

dsuppes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-11

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

Happy 1 year anniversary Granny!

1468263601_30_1_USD_5_bluesec.png