krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

I am on my 3rd day of week 4 on Chantix and have felt very little change.  I felt that I wasn't enjoying the cigarettes in the second week but now I'm back to enjoying them. : (  Maybe I'm not ready?  I have read where this isn't a miracle pill and I guess I expected it to be.  I wanted it to just make me sick and not want one but that hasn't happened.  I have been lucky in that I have had very few side effects.  They don't seem to made me nauseous as long as I eat something and I have had some vivid dreams but nothing bad.

I have just returned from vacation and realized one of the many reasons why I need to quit......you can't smoke anywhere!!  It's such a monkey on my back.  I found myself constantly looking for places to hide to have a smoke.  Why didn't the Chantix even help with those cravings?

I have not come to the point where I am ready to stop taking the Chantix but wonder if I should stop taking it if I'm still smoking just the same. Should I wait until my head is a little more into it?  I know I want to quit.  I want to be free of this demon and be a healthier me.  I want to have the money that I spend on cigarettes, I will also save on insurance. I pay more because I'm a smoker.  All signs point to QUIT but it is just so hard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

1470637801_25_1_USD_6_pinksec.png

#2 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

Chantix is not meant to be a miracle drug. It only aids in reducing the urge to smoke. You have to do your part in truly wanting to quit. Have you picked a quit day? If not by now then you might just be wasting your money.

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3 krazykittygirl

krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

Yes, I had picked a quit date of July 16 and didn't feel ready then.

#4 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

As you seem to have figured out...it is not the Chantix that is smoking, it is you.  Chantix blocks the nicotine receptors in the brain, so it can limit the pleasure you get from smoking.  But you have to make up your mind that the most important thing in your life right now is to not smoke.  Then throw out the cigs and all lighters, etc, and get busy quitting.

I smoked for 40 years and quit using Chantix.  If I can do it, you can, too...but you have to make the decision.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#5 krazykittygirl

krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

Thank you Nancy.  I know I can do it. 

• Nancy. likes this

#6 MissyCat

MissyCat

2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,589 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-10-21
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

Thank you Nancy.  I know I can do it.

Of course you can do it!

Mindset, education, and support is the recipe for success.

Stay close, read and post often. You will find amazing support here at QSMB!
  • krazykittygirl and FloridaPam like this
Carol
A 2014 Avenger
Smoke free since October 21, 2014

ddl449.jpg

1413921600_25_1_USD_8_default.png

#7 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

G'day
The champix will not make you stop you have to do that.
I know how you feel. I didn't make my quit dates and on day 20 I finally stopped.
The tabs didn't stop. I did. It actually was a relief that I finally stopped.
I reconed the tabs took care of the worst of the physical and I did the mental a lot easier.
It's scarey but you have to do this yourself.
C
  • Nancy., Lucy1 and Jillar like this

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#8 krazykittygirl

krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thank you cbdave.  I'm going to get my mental state more into it than it has been.

• cbdave likes this

#9 lilly2118

lilly2118

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

I am on Chantix and tonight I will take the last one of my first month. I was much like you I wanted to quit and was expecting it to make me sick so I could quit. When they started making me nauseous around day 6 I picked a quit day and quit on day 9. I will be starting the 2nd month box tomorrow just to make sure I stay quit. The medicine will not make you quit but while you are taking the medicine if you do quit it helps you to not have any. I still had cravings and urges but that is when I came here to this website. I found other things to take up my time to make me less likely to crave. You have to pick a quit date and stick to it in order to quit. I strongly suggest you get the next month of pills and pick a date and stick with it, you will not be sorry. I like you had very little side affects. Good Luck!! you got this! ITs all you the pills just help make it easier. I also talked to my dr and got an anxiety med to go with the Chantix I think combined they helped me immensely.

• cbdave and Jillar like this

#10 krazykittygirl

krazykittygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-08-08

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Thank you Lily.  It sounds like we are about on the same schedule.  I am still in my week 4 and have picked a quit date of this Friday.  I have cut back considerably which may not be a good thing but I think it's helping me.  I know I've just got to pick that date and stick with it.  I do plan on continuing with the pills for the amount of time that it will allow me.  Thank you for the encouragement.  Good luck on your quit!!!

• Nancy. likes this

#11 lilly2118

lilly2118

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

Good luck on your quit. I did cut down considerably the week leading up to my quit date. I ended up not even finishing my pack. You can do it!!! I had am amazing breakthrough I am currently on day 21 smoke free. I have always been a stress smoker, I was especially stressed this morning but it didn't dawn on me to consider having a cigarette. I realized later when I thought to myself this is when I should be dying to have one but I had no urge. You will need willpower and you will make it just fine. Stick close to the board they help a lot!! I hope to see your nope on Saturday!!

#12 jebstewart

jebstewart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-01-16
  • Locationsouthwestern mountains of virginia, usa

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

follow the instructions both that come with the package (and read that really small fine print, greater detail of what the drug does and is about, in my opinion) and what your dr says to do.  it is critical.

good luck!

love you, mean it,

jeb

:wub:

5fea3866e7.png

2dr760j.jpg

#13 VAAR

VAAR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

There is an old Japanese Proverb that says "Fall down seven times, stand eight".  Never give up, keep trying no matter what. If you relapse, regroup, make a new plan and go for it.  This is one of the hardest things you will ever do but you can do it.  It was so easy to start but a b...h to stop! I am past my five year anniversary now but I remember the struggle in the beginning and it was not easy but I did it. So can you!  Stay close to the forum for support.   Take care and good luck. I wish you a smoke free life. :wink:

5years.jpgQuit April 4, 2011           5d2cd591f450cedda41a10a74f171144.jpg            

#14 Beny

Beny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-18

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

I'm surprised people still smoke using chantix. I tried it years ago and while taking it, I felt nothing from smoking. No nicotine, etc. All I felt was the harshness of the smoke. Do you feel the nicotine? If not, what's the point of smoking?

Posted Image

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#15 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

Thank you Lily.  It sounds like we are about on the same schedule.  I am still in my week 4 and have picked a quit date of this Friday.  I have cut back considerably which may not be a good thing but I think it's helping me.  I know I've just got to pick that date and stick with it.  I do plan on continuing with the pills for the amount of time that it will allow me.  Thank you for the encouragement.  Good luck on your quit!!!

Tomorrow is the big day!  So excited for you!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users