Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-04
  • LocationHouston, Texas, USA

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:21 PM

I started Chantix last night. I normally hardly ever dream. I had a very detailed and vivid dream that started out nice but progressively turned into a nightmare and it seemed like I couldn't wake up. My 4 year old woke me up, thank God. He said I was talking really loud in my sleep. Has anyone else experienced this, a bad dream and felt you couldn't awake from it after starting Chantix?

#2 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

Hi, firstladyd!  I had vivid dreams on Chantix, but they never turned to nightmares.  Are you taking just the one pill?  I took that in the morning.  Maybe that would help?

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#3 firstladyd

firstladyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-04

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

I just took the first pill last night. It's the .5 mg. I took the second one this morning at breakfast. I am the type of person that medications act funny with me. For instance, birth control makes me extremely depressed and rapidly gain weight. spam link will knock me out for days. Morphine has no effect on me and Vicodin has little. However, valium is the most effective for any pain I have and it's a muscle relaxer, so go figure. I was just wondering if anyone else had dreams like that on the first dose? I am really nervous to be doing this via the medication route, but I have to stop smoking. I have to have some help. I have never been able to accomplish this on my own and I am tired of smoking. I hope these dreams don't get worse. I rarely dream and when I do they are normally like dejavu dreams, to where some time later, maybe a year, a month, 5 years I will remember that I already dreamed what was said or what happened. I almost never just have a dream. So, to dream like this is very unnerving, new, and a bit scary.

#4 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

Hmm....according to the instructions I've seen, you should only be on .5 for the first few days...

The recommended dose of CHANTIX is 1 mg twice daily following a 1-week titration as follows:

Days 1 – 3: 0.5 mg once daily Days 4 – 7: 0.5 mg twice daily Day 8 – end of treatment: 1 mg twice daily

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#5 firstladyd

firstladyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-04

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

I just started Chantix. Last night was the first dose. My quit day is next Tuesday the 14th.

#6 firstladyd

firstladyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-04

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

My doctor recommended to take .5 mg twice a day to start because of history smoking and physical condition. He said heavier smokers do best starting at .5 mg 2x a day.

#7 Smurf

Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-09-15
  • Locationwayyyyy down south near the bayou.

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:37 AM

Hey first ladyd, i can only tell you my experience with the dreams from chantix, most were enjoyable, and pleasant, although there were a few that could be classified as weird. Just remember that it is always just a dream..If i thought the dream was getting tooo weird, i would tell myself it's just a dream and to wake up.

No matter the pleasant dreams far out weighed the few that were different.

Give it a chance to work, i think you will be suprised by the results you can achieve with the chantix.

1410656400_15_1_USD_5_default.png

#8 firstladyd

firstladyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-04

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:46 AM

I certainly hope so. I am so sick of smoking. The smokers cough, the smell, dirty ashtrays, burn marks on things including my fingers. Omg I am so tired of smoking, but as sick of it as I am, I cannot seem to stop. This must be what a drug addict feels like. It sucks. I am very optimistic about the Chantix.
I am also experiencing a lot of anxiety about my quit day, but I am hoping as others have said, by the day that comes (Tuesday the 14) I won't want to smoke as much.

#9 skillfulabbot

skillfulabbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

I just finished the full treatment of chantix.  It was my second time, but first time to complete the course.

I had really bad dreams and really good dreams...  and really weird, strange exotic dreams...that was when I

could actually sleep.   Was worth it?  For me, yes... it gave me the starting boost to break my habit of smoking....

I don't want to either of these things again so... N.O.P.E. for real.

1456450200_30_1_USD_3.72_dark.png

#10 firstladyd

firstladyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-04

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Congrats on completing the treatment. It's night two, 3:18am and I am wide awake. I took some benadryl to try to help me fall asleep around 1:30am. So not working right now. Does Chantix cause insomnia? I don't recall reading that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users