dinny100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-12
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

I am in Canada and we call it Champix here.  today is day4 - so far no side effects. I still have the urge to smoke - however when i light one up - i don't finish it - it gives me nothing. My quit date is June 8th.  

• liv likes this

1465747200_14_1_USD_12_default.png

#2 Bassman

Bassman

Don't fear quitting, fear not quitting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,925 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-01-04
  • LocationAtlanta Georgia, USA...

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

I am in Canada and we call it Champix here.  today is day4 - so far no side effects. I still have the urge to smoke - however when i light one up - i don't finish it - it gives me nothing. My quit date is June 8th.

Hi dinny....congrats on getting your quit going....I quit with the help of Chantix......
You may want to go to the main board and intro yourself as this is a sub forum from the main and you will get more responses....

It got me the same way, not being able to finish it......When you get to the point where you put that last half one out, that is where you say you are done.....no more....you are now a nonsmoker.....QSMB will help and support you.....post often letting us know how you are doing as there is a huge smorgasbord of quitters here that are supporting......Bassman

<p>image.png?base_img=3&size=0&date_yr=2014

Link to all my nosmoking songs for QSMB:
http://www.youtube.c...=pathagawarts54
+2j3342d.jpg

I think I can - I know I can - I did
You're a post away to stay smoke free today.....
Quitting may not always easy, but it's always right...stay quit......
I gave myself the gift of quitting, I will not take that gift away from myself.......
My time of suffering is over, its the addictions time to suffer.......

#3 Trudey4ever

Trudey4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

Hi dinny! Congratulations on making the decision to quit. I began taking Chantix 5/1/16 and I stopped smoking on 5/5/16. I really wanted to quit and the Chantix made it much more tolerable. I only took half of the recommended dose daily, then cut down to one fourth dosage and completely stopped taking it 5 days ago. I didn't have any bad side effects with the Chantix and have had no problems since I stopped taking it.

You've set your quit date...stick to it. Make no excuses. I'm only 4 weeks into my quit, but I can tell you that it does get easier day by day. Stay strong!
1462370400_20_1_USD_5_default.png

#4 dinny100

dinny100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-12

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

So i have finally quit - it took me slightly more than 8 days - 12 days to be true to the fact. Day 8 to Day 12 i had to have a puff every 6 to 8 hours - I would light the cigi, take two puffs and crush it out. Been three days since I have not had the urge and now i am on Day 15 of Chantix - I am loving the dreams - sorry they are very x-rated otherwise I would share :wink:

• Susana, Nancy. and cbdave like this

#5 Susana

Susana

Work in progress.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Yeah!!!!!

You are way into your project now. Why donĀ“t you introduce yourself to all these lovely peeps in the "main board"? You will be welcome and you can share the ups and downs of this amazing journey we are all into.

Welcome to QSMB! Keep it up!

:-)

1459602000_2_20_EUR_4.5_default.png

You are not smoking your cigarettes. Your cigarettes are smoking you.

#6 dinny100

dinny100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-06-12

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

so nearly two weeks now since i lit up or had a puff - feeling good - urges are getting lesser - dreams are getting nicer - lol

• Nancy. likes this

#7 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,681 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

so nearly two weeks now since i lit up or had a puff - feeling good - urges are getting lesser - dreams are getting nicer - lol

Well done!!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#8 liv

liv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:20 PM

Hi Dinny! I took chantix for 6 weeks, twice a day. No strange effects exception being the nausea if I did not take it with food.

A piece of bread was enough to stop that too. I just stopped it one day at 6 weeks. Had a few days of wanting to smoke,

but it was not in the physical..just the thoughts driving me nuts..anyways..today is 2 moths and 3 weeks and If feel the victory today for the first time! 

YOU CAN DO THIS JUST DO NOT PICK IT UP AT ALL..

• skillfulabbot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users