Photo

Cold turkey quitters...what day was your most difficult?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 JPDiablo

JPDiablo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-11-03
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

I stopped on Nov 3rd. The first week was very easy for me but now I am suffering with the worst tingling/aching pains in my left forearm, hand and fingers.  I now get about 2 hours sleep a night and have to take a shower when I wake up to get the thumping in my arm to stop. This has been happening for a week now and am exhausted from it. As long as I am moving or busy there is no discomfort. If i sit and try to relax, it starts. So I guess 2nd week on for me has been the worst. I just hope it gets better, the aching is almost bringing me to my knees at times it is so intense.

• Niki74 likes this

#102 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,332 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

I stopped on Nov 3rd. The first week was very easy for me but now I am suffering with the worst tingling/aching pains in my left forearm, hand and fingers.  I now get about 2 hours sleep a night and have to take a shower when I wake up to get the thumping in my arm to stop. This has been happening for a week now and am exhausted from it. As long as I am moving or busy there is no discomfort. If i sit and try to relax, it starts. So I guess 2nd week on for me has been the worst. I just hope it gets better, the aching is almost bringing me to my knees at times it is so intense.

Welcome jp and congrats on over two weeks quit. Although we experience all kinds of uncomfortable things when we quit but yours isn't one I've seen yet. It may be worth seeing a Dr. about since its so painful. There may be something going on there.
If you get a chance, why not introduce yourself on the main board? Lots of great members who would love to say hi and welcome you. These sub forums don't get as many views....

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 16 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users