Photo

Cold turkey quitters...what day was your most difficult?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 olga

olga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

MY FIRST DAY TODAY

• green meenie and DinaLyn like this

#82 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,066 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

MY FIRST DAY TODAY

Hi Olga, welcome to QSMB !  Please introduce yourself at the Main Page of this forum, people are eager to meet you :-)

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#83 Groot

Groot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Day 17 but my first time joining a support site...quit cold turkey day 9 hardest day do not know why but still struggling:(

#84 CWW

CWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-30

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

For myself it was days 7-11. Holy Hanna those were some rather intense days to say the least. As everyone here has said, "those days will pass" and they were right. Got through them and didn't pick up! I allowed myself A LOT of slack as far as eating, sleeping and self judgement were concerned. I usually judge my day by how many goals I achieved and how productive I was. Those days my ONLY goal was getting past the cravings without picking up. That was and still is how I'm judging my day.
Keep on Keeping on smoke free!!
CWW
  • Frank, Lucy1 and Jillar like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

#85 Meme101

Meme101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-09

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:21 AM

I'm finishing day 6 today and I'd been kinda coasting until the past few hrs. Anxious crave feeling for the first time really. Wont smoke. But hope this isn't going to be trend in my quit after week 1...
  • Frank and green meenie like this

#86 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,066 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Definitely I say it again.  The next day after I quit    :shock:   I was hangover and I said " What the Hell have I done? "   :doh:   When I realized I had a cold turkey lying next to me   :laughbounce:

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#87 bchris02

bchris02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

I am on day 3 of my most recent quit.  This time, physically it was day 1 that was the worst.  I literally felt like it was the end of the world that day.  Psychologically, the worst probably comes sometime between day 7 and 21.  Those are the days when you are through the worst of the physical withdrawal and it seems like your junkie thinking is at its worst and absolutely nothing sounds better than a cigarette.

• Frank likes this

#88 Sonny1987

Sonny1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

I am on day 3 it will be day 4 in a couple of hours. I just feel like I am in a bubble like I am a zombie, I go to the gym, try and go shopping or do whatever like I used to do when I was smoking but it just feels dead like am just coasting through and my mind is completely blank. The reason I am quitting is for the past 2 weeks I've been feeling breathless seeing as I am only 29 years old this was worrying me. I've already got asthma but this feels different I am still feeling breathless as I type this. Anyway I have had all the tests spirometer, FeNO, blood pressure, oxygen etc and the doctor insists I am fine and everything has came back positive but I am still breathless the doctor puts this down to anxiety even though I've never been anxious my whole life. Anyway I can't shake this dead feeling since I've quit, I used to smoke before I did everything and I am not going to lie I really enjoyed smoking. I was coming out of the gym before some women was smoking in the car park and the smell just got to me man, just really made me want to have one. Anyway I resisted and I hope this gets better and I come alive again

#89 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

Welcome kammy, I quit because of my breathing too. I enjoyed it just like you but decided I enjoy breathing more. Everything you're feeling is normal so don't be alarmed if your breathing gets a little worse for a couple weeks or so because that's normal too. Especially since you've already been checked by your Dr. Why don't you post on the main board and introduce yourself to everyone? These sub forums don't get a lot of views and I know that everybody would like to welcome you also. And congrats on almost four days quit :)

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#90 bchris02

bchris02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

I am on day 3 it will be day 4 in a couple of hours. I just feel like I am in a bubble like I am a zombie, I go to the gym, try and go shopping or do whatever like I used to do when I was smoking but it just feels dead like am just coasting through and my mind is completely blank. The reason I am quitting is for the past 2 weeks I've been feeling breathless seeing as I am only 29 years old this was worrying me. I've already got asthma but this feels different I am still feeling breathless as I type this. Anyway I have had all the tests spirometer, FeNO, blood pressure, oxygen etc and the doctor insists I am fine and everything has came back positive but I am still breathless the doctor puts this down to anxiety even though I've never been anxious my whole life. Anyway I can't shake this dead feeling since I've quit, I used to smoke before I did everything and I am not going to lie I really enjoyed smoking. I was coming out of the gym before some women was smoking in the car park and the smell just got to me man, just really made me want to have one. Anyway I resisted and I hope this gets better and I come alive again

Hang in there.  I am currently on Day 4.  Day 4 so far has been a little better than Day 3, though by no means perfect.  Know that each day gets you closer to the end of physical withdrawal, which should be completely gone at two weeks.  If you've made it 4 days, you are really over half way there in terms of physical symptoms.  Even after one week, things will be almost normal.

What you really have to worry about at this point is junkie thinking and the psychological withdrawal.  Whatever your strategy, smoking is absolutely not an option.

#91 Garywatson

Garywatson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-05-01
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

Days 1 through to 5 lol felt like one looooooong painful Monday lol

Every day is 'Happy Days'

#92 Scottyfaeaberdeen

Scottyfaeaberdeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

I think I went a little mad on day 3 & 4

The word " little" is not really appropriate.

After that it all gets easier.

Watch out for the mind games though.
  • DinaLyn likes this

#93 TitoSolis

TitoSolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

First time posting here. First time quitting. Today is the worst day, which is my 10th day. Weird feelings in chest, shortness of breath, dizzy, shaky hands, just feeling bad.

#94 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Welcome Tito, congrats on ten days quit today :) Why don't you take a moment and introduce yourself on the main board so that everyone can say hi, these sub forums don't get as many views and we have some great members who I know would like to welcome you :)

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#95 TitoSolis

TitoSolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

Thank you Jillar, I'm new to this, I'm glad I found this board, and i would love to.

#96 DinaLyn

DinaLyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-08
  • LocationBoston Area

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

I smoked a little over a pack a day for 33 years.  I am on day 9 of being smoke free.  Day 4 was the hardest for me emotionally.  No urge to light up, but emotionally I couldn't tell you what was happening to me.  BUT, I rode it out and it passed.  Thank GOD.  

• Nancy. and Despair Not like this

aac3ac1117928d09508d884b2a800de55f5d52c7

#97 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

Welcome ltlgirl22, congrats on 9 days quit already that's great! Why don't you start a thread on the main board and introduce yourself? There's a lot of awesome folks who would love to welcome you and say hi, these sub forums don't get as many views as the main board forums :)

• DinaLyn likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

#98 DinaLyn

DinaLyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-08-08
  • LocationBoston Area

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Thank you so much.  :)

• Jillar likes this

aac3ac1117928d09508d884b2a800de55f5d52c7