Photo

Cold turkey quitters...what day was your most difficult?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 olga

olga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

MY FIRST DAY TODAY

• green meenie likes this

#82 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

MY FIRST DAY TODAY

Hi Olga, welcome to QSMB !  Please introduce yourself at the Main Page of this forum, people are eager to meet you :-)

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#83 Groot

Groot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Day 17 but my first time joining a support site...quit cold turkey day 9 hardest day do not know why but still struggling:(

#84 CWW

CWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-03-30

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

For myself it was days 7-11. Holy Hanna those were some rather intense days to say the least. As everyone here has said, "those days will pass" and they were right. Got through them and didn't pick up! I allowed myself A LOT of slack as far as eating, sleeping and self judgement were concerned. I usually judge my day by how many goals I achieved and how productive I was. Those days my ONLY goal was getting past the cravings without picking up. That was and still is how I'm judging my day.
Keep on Keeping on smoke free!!
CWW
  • Frank and Jillar like this

image.png?base_img=4&size=0&date_yr=2017

#85 Meme101

Meme101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-04-09

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:21 AM

I'm finishing day 6 today and I'd been kinda coasting until the past few hrs. Anxious crave feeling for the first time really. Wont smoke. But hope this isn't going to be trend in my quit after week 1...
  • Frank and green meenie like this

#86 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Definitely I say it again.  The next day after I quit    :shock:   I was hangover and I said " What the Hell have I done? "   :doh:   When I realized I had a cold turkey lying next to me   :laughbounce:

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users