Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-01-13
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

I am on the 7 th week of chantix and the past couple nights i forgot to take my second pill. I was wondering if it's too soon to just keep taking one pill. I have not noticed any different feelings by taking one or two pills.
Thanks for any advice
  • liv likes this

#2 jillrecover

jillrecover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-01-08
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

Hi Roxy, congrats on your quit! You should probably check in with your doctor on this. That said, I quit taking the second pill a couple weeks after I quit smoking because it interfered with my sleep, and other than sleeping better, I didn't feel any different as far as the ease or difficulty with keeping my quit.

• Roxy610 and liv like this

The first step to becoming strong is to decide that you are.

1452218400_25_1_USD_6.5_default.png

post-30492-0-73119300-1454616291.jpg

#3 Wana

Wana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-12-22
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hello Roxy,

I agree with Jill that it's probably a good idea to visit with your doctor about this.  Personally, I used Chantix for 11 days total - I quit smoking on the 7th day and quit taking it all together 4 days later.  I had no difficulty after stopping chantix.

• Smurf, Roxy610 and liv like this

1450746000_20_1_USD_7.2_default.png

#4 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

G'day
I did 3 months.
3 weeks till I stopped and at the end of the 3 month period I had about 10 of those blister packs still un opened.
I kept those for a month, just in case, and finally flushed them.
Every one was an evening one, so I might have been too tired?
Don't get the vivid dreams now, not that I was worried by them.
I'm still sleeping the same hours And may I add, sleeping well.
I would not be overly worried by a missed pill. I'd stick to your final timetable and enjoy each day,
C.
  • Smurf, Roxy610 and liv like this

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#5 Roxy610

Roxy610

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-01-13
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:57 PM

I decided that today will be the last day taking chantix, after 12 weeks and the last two weeks only taking one pill.
I reached this conclusion to stop taking it now because i have been feeling a little strange, not sure if it's a side effect or not.
I feel depressed and not being able to concentrate. Sometime also my chest feels so thight and cannot take a deep breath.
I always been a neat freak and could juggle more than one thing a the time but now i can hardly get dressed and get something done.
Let's see how it goes now without my little blue friend that has helped me to be smoke free for this long....
  • liv likes this

#6 happycat

happycat

N.O.P.E

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-12-28

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

All the best to you, roxy. Stay close and keep posting.

You're doing great and don't need those training wheels anymore! :).  

Let us know if we can help you in any way. KTQ and keep on NOPE-ing!

event.png

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on so long in the first place. ~ Anonymous ~

#7 Smurf

Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-09-15
  • Locationwayyyyy down south near the bayou.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:03 AM

That's how you do it  Roxy, if you think you've had enough of the chantix to go cold turkey the rest of the way is great..!

Remember that the craves and thoughts will still hit you, and you just have to say NOPE no more, I"M DONE !!!!

I wish you the best on this life changing journey!!

I have faith in you that you can do this..!!

1410656400_15_1_USD_5_default.png

#8 DougJ

DougJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

I'm half way through my seventh week too.  But, I don't think my quitting is as far along as yours.  By evening I can still feel a few pangs before I take my second pill.

Guess I'll have to continue a while longer.  Tell us what you did and how it worked out.     Oh, and WELL DONE!! 

• liv likes this

#9 Roxy610

Roxy610

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-01-13
  • LocationPA

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

I'm half way through my seventh week too.  But, I don't think my quitting is as far along as yours.  By evening I can still feel a few pangs before I take my second pill.
Guess I'll have to continue a while longer.  Tell us what you did and how it worked out.     Oh, and WELL DONE!!

Hi Doug, if you don't have any major side affects i would take it for as long is recommended by your doctor.
Since i stopped taking it the cravings are more noticeable and the fact that my husband is a smoker ( not inside the house) doesn't help me any but i am staying strong and keeping my quit, don't want to start over again.
  • Smurf, liv and Gina G like this

#10 Smurf

Smurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-09-15
  • Locationwayyyyy down south near the bayou.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:04 AM

^^^ WHOOO HOOO ROXY !!! ^^^^^^^

I got my money on you that you got this!!!

Stay Strong !!

• Roxy610, liv and Gina G like this

1410656400_15_1_USD_5_default.png

#11 DougJ

DougJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:54 AM

My current plan is to finish the 3 months as Chantix provides and then go to one pill per day with another continuing kit.  Hopefully that will work. I'm wondering how bad the pangs will be on one pill and then no pills.

#12 Free Will

Free Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:52 AM

I'm on day 2 (hi everyone).  I took chantix in 2003 and it worked and I stopped for a little over a year then picked it up.  I have been smoking 2-3 packs a day in the last couple of years.  I am addicted, seriously, both mentally & habitually as well as physically.  The doctor told me I am going to be on oxygen in less than 10 years if I continue.

I have a 13 year old son.  Who asked me to stop.  I am scared that I can't do this but I gave myself the name Free Will because God gives us Free Will and I want to use my free will to say "no thanks I don't smoke" (I have never said that).

Nice to meet all of you - I intend on hanging around!

Brooklyn

• silver2014, liv and Gina G like this

#13 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

I'm on day 2 (hi everyone).  I took chantix in 2003 and it worked and I stopped for a little over a year then picked it up.  I have been smoking 2-3 packs a day in the last couple of years.  I am addicted, seriously, both mentally & habitually as well as physically.  The doctor told me I am going to be on oxygen in less than 10 years if I continue.

I have a 13 year old son.  Who asked me to stop.  I am scared that I can't do this but I gave myself the name Free Will because God gives us Free Will and I want to use my free will to say "no thanks I don't smoke" (I have never said that).

Nice to meet all of you - I intend on hanging around!

Brooklyn

Welcome to the board. Brooklyn!  I'm afraid no one has noticed you here on this thread.  Please start your own thread on the Main Board and introduce yourself, there.  Lots of people will be anxious to greet you and cheer you on!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#14 Denver Mike

Denver Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBangladesh

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:44 AM

Hey,

I am new into this forum. And would like to quit smoking. What's the easiest way to quit? Please let me know.

Thanks!

#15 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:03 AM

G'day Mike
Sorry mike there is no bestest non painfully way.
It's just the way it works for you.
You might want to post a bit of an intro on the main board at the top as you've got yourself a bit forgotten down here.
If you get stuck just answer again I check and see you right
C

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users