#21 liv

liv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

I have this friend..she is such a sweet lady. 86 years old and looks like a hippie..

anyways she told me she told her Son, " I can't live with you because  you want to smoke all over me.

I can't let you smoke all over me anymore.." I thought that was priceless..made me laugh..I had

never thought that I was "smoking all over folks.." 

• Nancy. likes this

#22 Trudey4ever

Trudey4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

I am now in my fourth week on Chantix and I am only taking 1/4 of the recommended dosage. I am going to continue through week 5, then stop. I'll still have Chantix left in case I need to start back taking it. So far, so good.
  • liv likes this
1462370400_20_1_USD_5_default.png

#23 Susana

Susana

Work in progress.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

Hi Trudey! How was your trip?

I´m glad Champix is working for you. It is working for me too, truly miraculous.

After week 5 I stopped taking it,just keeping one blue pill in my purse in case I envisaged a "difficult" day, basically when I knew I was invited to parties where everybody smoked. And it worked!. I don´t know if I´m doing right but I´m still waiting for my blood tests to see the doctor again :sad:  I´ll report when I see him, although we are all different and what is right for me may not be right for someone else...

• liv likes this

1459602000_2_20_EUR_4.5_default.png

You are not smoking your cigarettes. Your cigarettes are smoking you.

#24 Trudey4ever

Trudey4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hi Susana! My trip was great and I wasn't even tempted to smoke. You are doing great! What are your blood tests for? Is it anything related to the Chantix?
  • liv likes this

#25 Susana

Susana

Work in progress.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

HI! I just read your after-trip post. Well done!!!!!!! :grin:

I have a massive colesterol count (270) but it doesn´t come from my lifestyle (almost vegetarian, active) so it may be created by my body via massive stress and anxiety. After doing even more dieting since March, and then quitting smoking, if it still hasn´t come down, I may have to be put in anti-anxiety pill. I have the suspicion that Champix has done just that for a couple of months... but let´s see. I don´t want to be taking these pills forever because they make me nauseous when I take them, and sleepy. And I can´t afford sleepy.

This is my longest quit since 2013 (107 days). I´ve done many two-month quits ever since, but this time it is being so easy and manageable... I´m not ruining this quit, thankyouverymuch. :)

And neither are you... it is working for you, well done!!!!!! (not all chemistry, you need some mindwork too, and you obviously got the knack of it by now) (y)

• liv likes this

#26 rox

rox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-03-21

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

Hi ladies. I took Chantix for 2 months. Stopped smoking 20 days after I started it. Took it from March 2 this year till May 2nd. Thought I'd be okay. 2 weeks went by and I noticed strong urges which actually disappointed me. Then I began thinking of smoking day and night, dreaming about it. I told my dr. and she gave me script for 3 more months. Took about a week of taking it again to feel ok without cigarettes. I have read on here that urges go away by the third month. No matter what happens I have complete resolve not to smoke. Susana you are so right that we are all different. I hope this story helps someone a little. The bottom line that works for me is that no matter how bad it gets in my brain I tell myself I will not physically go get cigarettes. That's what got me through the going crazy thinking about it part.

• liv likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#27 Susana

Susana

Work in progress.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:39 AM

Hi Trudey! How was your trip?

I´m glad Champix is working for you. It is working for me too, truly miraculous.

After week 5 I stopped taking it,just keeping one blue pill in my purse in case I envisaged a "difficult" day, basically when I knew I was invited to parties where everybody smoked. And it worked!. I don´t know if I´m doing right but I´m still waiting for my blood tests to see the doctor again :sad:  I´ll report when I see him, although we are all different and what is right for me may not be right for someone else...

Hi! I finally saw the doctor yesterday. He confirmed that Champix is indeed an anti-anxiety drug and could understand why I would just take one if and when needed, although that is not what Champix is intended for. My vitamin D was low and this may have helped my feeling depressed, so I´m not getting a new prescription for Champix and I´ll be taking vitamin D and carrying Valium in case I have a peak of anxiety. See how it goes...

I´ll be 2 months smoke-free and nicotine-free tomorrow so I´m doing something right, yeah? :-)

• liv likes this

#28 liv

liv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

wow..Sure appreciate learning from you guys. I quit the Chantix after 6 weeks of two pills a day.

I had a lot of thoughts to smoke tho. I kept telling myself..I choose not to smoke..it is my choice now.

I'm glad to read about taking a chantix for momentary anxieties..I may be moving across the 

country in July, so..that is something I can keep in mind.I do not want to smoke again. I want to be a non-smoker .

Thanks all..and Congratulations..I think it is such a big deal to even get one whole day without smoking!!

#29 Trudey4ever

Trudey4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

I stopped taking Chantix 5 days ago after taking it for 27 days and I feel no different than when I was taking it. I find that I am thinking about smoking less and less. Some days, I don't think about it at all. I'm so happy to be a Non Smoker!!!
  • Susana and skillfulabbot like this

#30 liv

liv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

So far so good. Two Months today of no smoking. I stopped Chantix at 6 weeks and have been ok. I stopped Chantix on May 14, 2016..

SO THANKFUL...

#31 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:59 AM

G'day liv
How's it going
I don't care it you have dropped back
[beeeep] that's my trick pick a new one.
Please. I'm sorry did I put a diferent pressure
PM me ... Use swear words. Whatever
Regards
C

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#32 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:01 AM

G'day
Liv I'm s. Happy man
C

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users