Photo

How about a new Vent Thread... Vent away folks !

• Please log in to reply
1475 replies to this topic

#1461 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

I've been following those blazes via the news. I'm so sorry for your beautiful CA & residents! How scary!! I hope you are out of harm's way.

Thanks L4L. I am about 30 miles from the nearest fire. We got some ash and smoke, but that is only a minor problem compared to those that lose everything they have.

I hope our other Californians on the QSMB are fine.

There are so many missing in Northern California. My heart goes out to all those having to endure these fires.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1462 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIf not here, there

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

I hope our other Californians on the QSMB are fine.

There are so many missing in Northern California. My heart goes out to all those having to endure these fires.

It is so sad, one man was interviewed who said he barely got to safety before his whole neighborhood went up in flames :(

• avian3 likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#1463 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Went to get my dog's nails clipped and she got antsy to get away from the big dogs barking around her that she jumped off the table and started flipping over as we both tried to catch her before she hit the ground. We did but she managed to take one of her newly clipped sharp edges and scrape my arm which because of my blood pressure medicine started bleeding all down my arm, THEN it caused me to have a full blown asthma attack which scared the lady so much I think she thought she was going to have to call the ambulance, poor thing. And she's asking me if I'm ok and of course I can't breath enough to answer her so I just managed to get out asthma attack and just stood there for a second bleeding, dog is wanting out the door until I caught my breath. Poor lady she's in her 70's and really didn't need that much excitement I'm sure!  :doh: 

• avian3 and Frank like this

1zzrf54.jpg
Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#1464 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,066 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

It's a huge cloud of smoke that goes for miles and miles. Took me 2.5 hours to drive 20 miles to get home yesterday.  I feel for the people, fauna and flora affected for this fires.

• avian3, Jillar and Lust4Life like this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#1465 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

Went to get my dog's nails clipped and she got antsy to get away from the big dogs barking around her that she jumped off the table and started flipping over as we both tried to catch her before she hit the ground. We did but she managed to take one of her newly clipped sharp edges and scrape my arm which because of my blood pressure medicine started bleeding all down my arm, THEN it caused me to have a full blown asthma attack which scared the lady so much I think she thought she was going to have to call the ambulance, poor thing. And she's asking me if I'm ok and of course I can't breath enough to answer her so I just managed to get out asthma attack and just stood there for a second bleeding, dog is wanting out the door until I caught my breath. Poor lady she's in her 70's and really didn't need that much excitement I'm sure!  :doh:

I always say it's best to get all these problems out of the way at one time and next week everything will begin to go smoothly for awhile.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1466 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

It's a huge cloud of smoke that goes for miles and miles. Took me 2.5 hours to drive 20 miles to get home yesterday.  I feel for the people, fauna and flora affected for this fires.

I keep thinking about poor Bambi!

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1467 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

I always say it's best to get all these problems out of the way at one time and next week everything will begin to go smoothly for awhile.

I tell you  I am so glad that I didn't just quit smoking lol. I'm just hoping I don't have a whole week of these type of things lol. I may just end up pulling all my hair out. And now I think it's time for a brewski lol

• avian3 and Lust4Life like this

1zzrf54.jpg

#1468 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

You are lucky, all my problems happened the first 2 months of my quit. 

Problems will always be there. You only remember them the most the first year or so.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1469 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

Yea, I just hate when they come in droves like this. But yes, I'm very lucky...And my California mom just brought me over some homemade apple sauce so maybe my luck is already changing :)

• avian3 likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

#1470 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

I wish someone would deliver me a pecan pie or peach cobbler. Isn't there anyplace that will deliver these things within a hour without have to buy an entire meal?

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1471 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

Google it Jan, I wouldn't be surprised if there was since your in southern California. According to grub hub Handsome Pie in LA delivers :)

1zzrf54.jpg

#1472 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Google it Jan, I wouldn't be surprised if there was since your in southern California. According to grub hub Handsome Pie in LA delivers :)

I have never tried Grub hub. I think I will check them out now. I'm 20 miles from  L A so they probably won't deliver, but I'll check

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1473 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

I have never tried Grub hub. I think I will check them out now. I'm 20 miles from  L A so they probably won't deliver, but I'll check

Let me know. They don't offer grub hub where I am :(

1zzrf54.jpg

#1474 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

No grub hub from herewith good revues,just picked some Pepperidge farm cookies.for dessert

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

#1475 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:28 AM

Boo but Pepperidge farm's cookies are yummy too. :)

1zzrf54.jpg

#1476 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,066 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

I keep thinking about poor Bambi!

No just Bambi, the animal population and variety is beyond our imagination.  Can't even start to imagine what the fires are like for them   :(

• avian3 likes this

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users