#1 yorkielover36

yorkielover36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hi

I've got my prescription & was ready to start taking my Chantix today but now I'm wondering: when is the best time to take this?  Is it gonna make me sleepy & should I be taking it at night instead of in the AM?  How much food do I need to eat to keep me from getting nausea? 

Any input would be appreciated.

thanks

Yorkie

#2 Lucy1

Lucy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • quitdate:
    2001-01-15
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

Hi Yorkie

I'm sure you'll get responses about what other Chantix users did -- but didn't you ask these questions of the doctor who prescribed the medication to you?  That's the best source, as he/she will know if you are also on other medications, have other health issues, etc.  Lots of opinions here (some very well informed) - but we're not doctors :)

Congratulations on having decided quit smoking !

#3 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

Take it after breakfast, and then when you go to two pills, after breakfast and dinner.  There should be instructions with the pills.  I found I could eat 1/2 english muffin for breakfast, and that was enough to keep the nausea away.

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#4 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-07

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

I eat around 9:30 am and have whatever is easy. As long as I eat something, even a fun size Halloween candy bar , I won't get nauseous. Then I take my second one with my evening snack after dinner.

Jenn

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2015

#5 yorkielover36

yorkielover36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

thanks guys.

took my first one after eating some crackers & still got a little nauseous but haven't smoked since around 10:30am (it's now 3:22pm).  I want one but not really dying for it.

could the pills be working that fast or is it just in my head LOL

#6 Smokefreetoday

Smokefreetoday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-07-10
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

Hi Yorkie! I did not use Chantix so I know nothing :)  My belief is that the pills do not work that fast.  Based on that belief you will do well. Just don't take another puff :)

#7 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,685 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

thanks guys.

took my first one after eating some crackers & still got a little nauseous but haven't smoked since around 10:30am (it's now 3:22pm).  I want one but not really dying for it.

could the pills be working that fast or is it just in my head LOL

Please read the directions...your quit date is meant to be at least one week after starting to take Chantix. Sounds like you are doing great...you may want to just quit Cold Turkey...

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#8 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

G'day yorkie
I'm 31 one days into my quit and on champix.
I'd too think you need to read the instructions.
Champix attaches itself to those receptors in your brain instead instead of the nicotine. The cigs start to taste foul and you don't feel the need as much as you are discovering.
The first three days are 2 half strength pills daily, then onward 2 full strength pills. You set yourself a quit day about day 7.
Absolutely take it in the middle of a meal or it will give you a queasy tummy.
Side effects for me have been no smoking for the last 31 one days and I sleep lightly and have very vivid dreams.
It will put you on the path to being that non smoker that you know you can be but its not a magic bullet, you've got to change your thinking as well. You will still get withdrawals but they get weaker as your mind gets stronger.
Read the forum often, these guys have been there, done that , and you'll find wisdom that comes from personal experience.
I don't post often but that's me, I do read at least daily.
I won't wish you luck, I pray for you, strength and a nicotine free life
C.
  • Nancy. and Smurf like this

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#9 Milla

Milla

Proud November 2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-10
  • LocationSunny Caribbean

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Yorkie..... are you THE yorkielover I'm thinking of...? :)

If you have just one you will be right back where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are right now. —Marvitta

event.png  avenger2014rb.jpg

#10 yorkielover36

yorkielover36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

hi Mila,
yeah, i probably am.....I've been here many many times!
going to try again but i still don't have my mind in the right place. I started Chantix about two weeks ago & I have cut down & don't seem to be enjoying them as much but i know the most important thing i need to do is to WANT this. I did when i first started taking the pills but since then i've found out my dad who doesn't live near me is sick and my husband, who's had health issues for a while may be getting worse. I'm still taking the pills & my proposed quit date is 11-30-15. i know i should say my definite quit day is but as i said, i just don't know if i have the right mindset to do this now. i'm so stressed with the two people i love most in the world being sick, it's just making me crazy.
I will try to keep reading & working at changing my mind but i just don't know about dealing with one more difficult thing now.
Yorkie

#11 gonfishn21

gonfishn21

Old Pharte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-11-11
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

Welcome back Yorkie.

I am happy to see you back.

You are right, you need to want it more than you want to smoke.

Recognizing that the word "try" leaves a back door to relapse again.

Continuing to smoke will not help the situations you are facing. Not at all.

And, there will always be situations. I lost a dear friend during my quit. But smoking

would not have brought him back. As a matter a fact, it would have made me feel worse.

We are all here to talk through these feelings.

Life will keep happening, but this place is full of people who have faced it all.

Please let us help.

<p>event.png

Smoking is no longer an option for me. I no longer smoke. Smoking is just something that I used to do

Smoking is not treatment. Smoking is the cause.

The usual outcome is only that, because you let it be. The "quitter's" outcome is because we "make it be".

Beat the urge, and the urge will stop beating you.

#12 yorkielover36

yorkielover36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:00 AM

hi gone,
thanks for the encouragement! Today was spent by myself since hubby was working which usually means i'd smoke a lot. I'm conditioned to think " i have to get in all the smoking i can while he's gone" but you know what, i only smoked 3 all day! It's starting to make me physically ill :-) Hopefully if it keeps doing that i can break the conditioned habits. That seems to be my real problem now.
I just took my evening pills & they made me sick even though i had plenty to eat before i took them. Drinking lots of water & hopefully will be able to go to bed early.
i'll keep reading & posting. Thanks for thinking of me :-)
Yorkie

#13 cbdave

cbdave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-10-03
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

Gday yorkie
I'm another that's glad to see you back.
I'm still on the champix, definitely a non smoker.
My good news for you is that it does get better. And you do get stronger.
C.

Proud 2015 BadAshes

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2015

LIVE like someone left the gate open -unknown

#14 jebstewart

jebstewart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • quitdate:
    2015-01-16
  • Locationsouthwestern mountains of virginia, usa

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

i hope today is your day!

good luck!

love you, mean it,

jeb

:wub:

5fea3866e7.png

2dr760j.jpg

#15 NeverSmoke

NeverSmoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

G'day yorkie
I'm 31 one days into my quit and on champix.
I'd too think you need to read the instructions.
Champix attaches itself to those receptors in your brain instead instead of the nicotine. The cigs start to taste foul and you don't feel the need as much as you are discovering.
The first three days are 2 half strength pills daily, then onward 2 full strength pills. You set yourself a quit day about day 7.
Absolutely take it in the middle of a meal or it will give you a Wealthy affiliate https://affmountain....iew-and-results review queasy tummy.
Side effects for me have been no smoking for the last 31 one days and I sleep lightly and have very vivid dreams.
It will put you on the path to being that non smoker that you know you can be but its not a magic bullet, you've got to change your thinking as well.
Read the forum often, these guys have been there, done that , and you'll find wisdom that comes from personal experience.
I don't post often but that's me, I do read at least daily.
I won't wish you luck, I pray for you, strength and a nicotine free life
C.

I tried taking it on an empty stomach because I thought it would help with absorption but it made me sick. I think you need to take it with a meal.

#16 liv

liv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Congrats in a big way to Yorkie on here..I quit many times before this time.Never used Chantex before..

Day 24 for me..so I'm still so fresh off smoking. I just stopped day 6 of the Chantex. Had almost no

cravings; then a day or two of light cravings..nothing like what it was without Chantex.. I get prayers

too. I really WANT to stay smoke free. These things are like a demon to me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users