• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Advertising is not allowed: http://www.quitsmoki...ia-your-ticker/
This Ticker site has now discontinued it's advertising campaign but I would not trust them not to do it again: http://www.quitsmoki.../58512-tickers/

These are sites for Ticker's that do not advertise
Easiest Tickers to make (I could make these from my IPad or laptop using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome)
Some tickers throughout the forum you can simply click on and you will go to the site to create your own. The following links work as well:
http://www.tickerfac...er_designer.php
http://alterna-tickers.com
http://www.tickerclub.com/
http://quitmeterfree.com/
Once you have what you want you go to your profile and put the information there under the "Signature" option under "Edit Profile" option of your Profile and be sure to save it.

Another Option:
http://www.imagecont...com/quit_meter/
I needed to use Google Chrome as my web browser to get this one to work.
Once you have created your ticker at this site you right click on the actual picture of the ticker and choose, "copy image" then go to your signature option under edit profile and paste this into your signature information.
If you are using Internet Explorer or an IPad or Tablet it is necessary for you to convert the code because you either can't right click or right click does not give you the option to "copy image". You have to copy the code instead of the image, then go to this site to convert it to BBCode: http://www.seabreeze...om/html2bbcode/ If anyone know a better way to do this with Internet Explorer or an IPad or Tablet, please let me know and I will change this information.

Some of the ticker sites only update their graphics every 24 hours. So, depending on your timezone you might actually have to "cheat" and state your quit date as a day earlier than it actually is.

The ticker: http://www.tickcount...w422/Last_smoke doesn't generate pictures, which is why it's not possible to directly put it into the sig. It is also a little difficult to set up, because it uses cities to refer to the timezone, and it doesn't have that many cities. But aside from that, it is the most accurate counter. It deals well with daylight savings, etc. It also deals well with things like leap years, etc. Other counters seem to have problems with things like distinguishing between weeks and months, others don't honor leap years, etc. This counter even honors leap seconds!

If you are having any trouble with creating a ticker I would be happy to troubleshoot it with you via private messaging.

I am updating the information in this first post as I learn more so that it is not necessary to read every post that follows and some of the discussion may not even make sense because this first post will continue to be edited to include any new information or corrections.
  • Cheyene and holyhell like this

#2 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Another way is when you click on some tickers and they will take you directly to the site where you can create your own:
  • Cheyene likes this

#3 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

For those who may need a little more info...

If you want one similar my top one click on mine, it will take you to the Ticker Factory website. Click All Tickers on the right, and then Event under Wedding, Birthday, Anniversary, and you can choose your own wording, etc.   You enter your information and create your ticker.  Then, copy the address they give you.  Come back here and click on My Profile (in drop down by your name) and the click Edit Profile.  Select signature on the left side, and then paste the address in the signature box.  When you click Save Changes the ticker appears!  

Just a note…The ticker doesn't always show up on the smartphone version of the posts, but you will be able to see it appear on the PC and tablet versions.

If you want one similar my bottom one go to

Tina's Quit Meter

Create your ticker, and instead of copying the address, right click on the ticker and Copy Image, and then come paste in signature box.  Lots of us have two tickers because we like the pretty top one, but like that the bottom one keeps track of the cigs we have not somoked and the money.  I hope this helps!

Nancy

event.png

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2013

N.O.P.E. soldier_girl.gif
The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric
One puff is too much and 1000 cartons are not enough. ~ Hal

#4 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

For those who may need a little more info...

If you want one similar my top one click on mine, it will take you to the Ticker Factory website. Click All Tickers on the right, and then Event under Wedding, Birthday, Anniversary, and you can choose your own wording, etc. You enter your information and create your ticker. Then, copy the address they give you. Come back here and click on My Profile (in drop down by your name) and the click Edit Profile. Select signature on the left side, and then paste the address in the signature box. When you click Save Changes the ticker appears!
Just a note…The ticker doesn't always show up on the smartphone version of the posts, but you will be able to see it appear on the PC and tablet versions.

If you want one similar my bottom one go to

Tina's Quit Meter

Create your ticker, and instead of copying the address, right click on the ticker and Copy Image, and then come paste in signature box. Lots of us have two tickers because we like the pretty top one, but like that the bottom one keeps track of the cigs we have not somoked and the money. I hope this helps!

Nancy what you suggest on the second Ticker I could not get to work. Has that worked for others? I had to create it at the first site and then convert it at the second site. Then copy and paste it.

#5 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

Nancy what you suggest on the second Ticker I could not get to work. Has that worked for others? I had to create it at the first site and then convert it at the second site. Then copy and paste it.

Yes, it worked... I was afraid when I first just copied and pasted the image...that the ticker would not update...but it did.  I think that may be the one where some people  have to convert the code...which is way over my head!

Nancy

event.png

The only people who have craves forever are people that don't quit smoking ~ Eric

#6 Neriah

Neriah

Rear window ethician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • quitdate:
    10-29-2009

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Thanks!

event.png

#7 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

Yes, it worked... I was afraid when I first just copied and pasted the image...that the ticker would not update...but it did. I think that may be the one where some people have to convert the code...which is way over my head!

Yes I understood that it worked for you. I did exactly as you said and it did not work for me. I was hoping someone else might say what their experience with it was.

#8 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

Thanks!

So did you copy and paste or did you have to convert the code. BTW love the kitty.

#9 marciem

marciem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Juanita... I've done it both ways, and it worked.  The current one I have was done Nancy's way with right click copy and paste the image.  I did it the first way and it worked fine, except it was five days off.  I did it the second way and it was fine but I was still missing my 5 days.  Third time I took Nancy's advice and changed my quit date at the site so that the ticker showed the right things.  :)  .

Quit Date 9/20/12
event.png
image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2012
Honorary member of: 5a88dc8d35.png

S.moking is N.ot an O.ption T.oday
Better to be a nonsmoker with an occasional desire to smoke, than a smoker with a constant desire to quit.
Remember: everything bad about quitting is temporary, and everything good about quitting is permanent. TimidTulip
Not a day will ever go by that life is 100% perfect. But 100% of the days are better not smoking jwg
I feel no matter my outcome, quitting was still hands down the best thing I ever did....r.i.p. jwg 12/28/13
Like John, no matter my own outcome, quitting smoking is hands down the best thing I've ever done... mlm 2/16/17                                                       

#10 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Thanks everyone, I think we all have what we need to know to make a Ticker!

#11 lizasaidwot

lizasaidwot

Child of God :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,870 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

tickkkkkk

tock..

don't stop ;)

we are all horribly, beautifully made

#12 Neriah

Neriah

Rear window ethician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • quitdate:
    10-29-2009

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

So did you copy and paste or did you have to convert the code. BTW love the kitty.

Convert code was what worked for me.

• ******** likes this

event.png

#13 KelsGonnaQuit

KelsGonnaQuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • quitdate:
    1/2/14
  • LocationIowa, USA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hey, I replace my old ticker (the one with the Zample ad) with a new one, but it seems to have dropped three days.  Also, did the fact that February only had 28 days screw it up?

It says, "3 months, 1 week and three days" but it should be "3 months, 1 week and 6 days" (I quit 1/1/14 at 11 pm)

event.pngimage.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2013<p>

#14 Nancy.

Nancy.

Keeperbie

• Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-07-07
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Hey, I replace my old ticker (the one with the Zample ad) with a new one, but it seems to have dropped three days.  Also, did the fact that February only had 28 days screw it up?

It says, "3 months, 1 week and three days" but it should be "3 months, 1 week and 6 days" (I quit 1/1/14 at 11 pm)

Hey, Kells, I just went and adjusted the quit date until the ticker was right...quit date does not show in ticker, so it does not matter.

Nancy

event.png

#15 kinkash

kinkash

I once was blind, but now I see

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,936 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

This is right on time ladies,...I can't keep track of my money saved or how much I saved! ! I need a new ticker!!!
  • Beacon likes this
When the student is ready...The teacher will appear-Soul
Fear of the quit is worse than the quit-Cookielinda
When you stop buying cig......You start paying for your addiction - jwg

Smoking is not some friend that brings you comfort. It is the Enemy that wants to kill you!
1330426800_20_1_USD_7_default.png

#16 Beacon

Beacon

Peanut butter yumm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,728 posts
  • quitdate:
    9/6/2013
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I love my ticker. Now it also has flowers.

event.png

My first post http://www.quitsmoki...hello-i-am-new/

Cats don't smoke! It's bad for their fur!

#17 Ms holiday

Ms holiday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-04-10
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Ok. Maybe it's me.... I created my ticker on the ticker factory. When I right click on the the ticker and copy, it won't paste into my signature box... Nothing appears when I hit paste. The website also provides the BBCode and I can cut or copy it,but again, it won't paste into my signature box..... Uuughhh! Any suggestions?

event.png

image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2014          

Quit date 4/10/14 :-P

#18 Jeni

Jeni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts
  • quitdate:
    04/03/13
  • LocationChester County, PA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

Ok. Maybe it's me.... I created my ticker on the ticker factory. When I right click on the the ticker and copy, it won't paste into my signature box... Nothing appears when I hit paste. The website also provides the BBCode and I can cut or copy it,but again, it won't paste into my signature box..... Uuughhh! Any suggestions?

Hi Ms. H!

I'm not good at this, but but I'm sure either Nancy or Wanitta could help you if you shoot them a pm. :)

#19 quitfor-4kids

quitfor-4kids

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • quitdate:
    2013-11-18

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

OK... So I was just informed my ticker violates rules, the same ticker I've used since day 1 on this site...

First, my apologizes and second I am happy to change it. However I am trying to paste it into my signature box and it doesn't work... I see above Ms Holiday had the same problem...

I also noticed I can't past or Quote into this message box...I want to be able to "quote" like Jeni did above :(

What gives?

The future is no place to place your better days...

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2013

#20 ********

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

OK... So I was just informed my ticker violates rules, the same ticker I've used since day 1 on this site...

First, my apologizes and second I am happy to change it. However I am trying to paste it into my signature box and it doesn't work... I see above Ms Holiday had the same problem...

I also noticed I can't past or Quote into this message box...I want to be able to "quote" like Jeni did above :(

What gives?

PM to quitfor-4kids

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ticker, stats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users