2014 Avenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,466 posts
  • quitdate:
    2014-10-21
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

My ​heart goes out to all the people who have lost their homes, it's just so sad....
sad-crying-smiley-emoticon.gif

These wild fires have devastated southern California. It is very sad.
Carol
A 2014 Avenger
Smoke free since October 21, 2014

ddl449.jpg

1413921600_25_1_USD_8_default.png

#3182 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Ran out of Pain meds did you ?  its ok Frank that cast will be off here in a couple of days and you will get to see what insects home stetted on your arm.  Make sure you Take some wet wipes with you when they do take it off, the cast techs usually do not take any time to clean that smelly thing before putting on the new one. 

A new one?  What  ya taking bout Buck ?

Nov 6, 2011 I decided " I had enough with this sh*t "

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Alcohol to a quit is like Kryptonite to Superman

Stop, Think and then React. Not React,Stop and then Think

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

Quitting is by far the best decision for the rest of your life.

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

" I am a puff away form a pack a day"

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

I quit with a frozen turkey. Once I felt comfortable with my quit,  I ate it.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#3183 Jillar

Jillar

Nothing Worthwhile Comes Easily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29
  • LocationIn my living room

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

These wild fires have devastated southern California. It is very sad.

​Whole neighborhoods wiped out with a house spared here and there :( As long as these Santa Ana winds stay down our awesome fire crews will get the upper hand though

• avian3 likes this

image.png?base_img=5&size=0&date_yr=2016

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

Christian99 15 Years Quit

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3184 Palm109

Palm109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

They will usually replace the cast after a couple weeks with a new one !  The one you have on should be getting mighty ripe by now.

they will remove it peel all the dead skin off, use a mild insecticide just incase they miss any lava or eggs, and put a new one on for another two to three weeks 

#3185 Palm109

Palm109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

The amazing thing is that people have been listening and evacuating. Loss of lifes has not occurred that I have heard 

#3186 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,846 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

​Whole neighborhoods wiped out with a house spared here and there :( As long as these Santa Ana winds stay down our awesome fire crews will get the upper hand though

I was listening to a news reporter on the radio talking about seeing the badly burned horses. My thought was why weren't they put down right away. I hate hearing about animals suffering.

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

animated-merry-christmas-image-0174.gif

#3187 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:12 PM

I was listening to a news reporter on the radio talking about seeing the badly burned horses. My thought was why weren't they put down right away. I hate hearing about animals suffering.

I hadn't heard that, I hate that too sad-crying-smiley-emoticon.gif

• avian3 likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

Things began to get better when I realized I would remain quit even if things never got any better.

We say here that it is better to be a nonsmoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with the constant desire to quit. Marciem
Being successful doesn't mean that you'll never GET to smoke again. It means that you'll never HAVE to smoke again.

#3188 Palm109

Palm109

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

OK now I'm depressed
  • avian3 likes this

#3189 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Too much loss with this fires, loss of all kinds.  :sad:

• avian3 and Jillar like this

I quit because I just got tired of the life under a rock, dark and with not enough air to breathe waiting for the day to get crushed!

Practice does not make it perfect, makes it permanent. Practice the right things!

If a Doctor gives you 6 months to live, would you start living after the first three? Quit now!

Once you stop puffing or having Nicotine in any form, then and only then your symptoms will stop.

Life is such a good teacher, that if you don't learn the lesson it will repeat it to you.

#3190 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

Really windy here in So. California. You see the poor birds trying to stay in the air with no much luck, I wonder how are the witches here at work going to get home?  I asked one of them and I was cussed out of the room  :shock:  That's what I get for being concerned  :doh:

#3191 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

They will usually replace the cast after a couple weeks with a new one !  The one you have on should be getting mighty ripe by now.

they will remove it peel all the dead skin off, use a mild insecticide just incase they miss any lava or eggs, and put a new one on for another two to three weeks 

:doh:  :doh:  My app is Monday and will be a month already.. I can't have this thing anymore  :doh:  :doh:

#3192 Faith

Faith

Non Smoker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • quitdate:
    2017-09-01

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:56 AM

Feels like we congratulate people on their milestones who don't even read their own celebration thread 🤔🤔🤔

event.png

30ksjlf.jpg

#3193 Frank

Frank

As good as it gets.!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

I have this little, soft and soothing voice in my head saying  " You are feeling sleepy, very sleepy. You are in a quiet place, under the shadow of a tree feeling Sleepy, very sleepy...  9   -  8   -  7  -  6  -  5  ......... shshshshsssssssshhhhhhhhhh  :mellow:   And I haven't accomplished a single thing yet today   :o

• Jillar and Hope2Nope like this

#3194 Hope2Nope

Hope2Nope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,791 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-10-31
  • LocationSea of Tranquility

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

I have this little, soft and soothing voice in my head saying  " You are feeling sleepy, very sleepy. You are in a quiet place, under the shadow of a tree feeling Sleepy, very sleepy...  9   -  8   -  7  -  6  -  5  ......... shshshshsssssssshhhhhhhhhh  :mellow:   And I haven't accomplished a single thing yet today   :o

Never mind Frank, it's only Monday and sometimes not doing anything is the best thing to do :)

• Frank likes this

image.png?base_img=6&size=0&date_yr=2016

#3195 Jillar

Jillar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-29

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Turn into a senior citizen and look what happens!  :laughbounce: 

• Frank likes this

1zzrf54.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=7348755

#3196 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 15,846 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

I pulled up next to a brand new beautiful BMW today stopped at a traffic light when suddenly a huge plume of smoke drifted out of the driver's window.

IN MY OPINION it was suddenly considered a lemon, working properly or not, it wasn't manufactured to smell like nasty old cigarette smell. http://www.dca.ca.go...les/englemn.pdf

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

animated-merry-christmas-image-0174.gif

#3197 Ethan

Ethan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • quitdate:
    2016-05-02
  • LocationMissouri

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Would a sauerkraut air freshener help?........lol.

It's easier to keep a quit than to start one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users