• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#101 Lina

Lina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

Hi! I'm a newbie. I quit on Feb. 1, so 34 days ago. I had smoked for about 42 years, from half to one pack a day. I had tried quitting multiple times in the past but always returned as I felt "deprived". So far this time I don't feel deprived, I'm hoping that this means quitting will work this time! I had never quit for more than two weeks before. I was using a 14 mg patch, but I stopped using them because if I forgot to change it for a few days it made no difference, so no patch now for about five days, though I have them on hand if I get a real bad craving. I had a health scare which hasn't been proven to be caused by smoking, but I figured smoking wasn't helping. 

I have two kids, both of whom smoke. I have 5-1/2 grandkids (one due in a few months). I still work full time and will for at least the next five years. I live in beautiful Southern Alberta (that's in Canada), pretty close to Banff and Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains (about an hour away). I used to be able to hike endlessly in those mountains but in the last 10 years was having more and more problems climbing even little hills, so that was it for hiking in the mountains for me. Some of my kids' best memories of our family are while hiking in the mountains. I felt so, so horrible when I couldn't climb the hills without feeling short of breath. I felt so bad when I couldn't run up a few flights of stairs without being short of breath. I know some of this is just age, but most of it from smoking for so long!

Would love to have some feedback maybe from those in a similar situation, maybe from other quitters! Family can only give so much support!

#102 Kathleen0515

Kathleen0515

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • LocationDown by the River

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

Welcome Lina! I've copied your post and will put in on the main board. That's where most of the traffic is, so you will get a proper welcome  :-)

image.png?base_img=1&size=0&date_yr=2012

phpus0IwXPM1_zps54aa894a.jpg"

"Grammy, why are you putting smoke in your body?"

I stopped putting smoke in my body on June 28, 2012. 

#103 avian3

avian3

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 16,004 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

:)

QUIT September 14, 2010

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users